KIESELBURG FOREST PRESERVE FLYERS (Roscoe IL) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Sep 22, 2009, 10:01 AM
You can't handle the truth!

Hello all you locals!

Hey Guys! I finally found this darn thread. I fyou type the parks' name in search box it come up with nothing. Anyway, This is Andy form Machesney Pk. I have the Blue Angels self painted T-28. Thank you steve for setting this thread up! Brian I hope your Cap 232 is ok after the hard landing the other day, did you everfindout what was wrong wit the rudder? OH, by the way, I just ordered a HL ovesize 70mm edf F-16. It comes with everything but a 4cell charger and a 4 channel tx-rx. So, If you know of anyone local selling those two items, let me know. I dont care if the tx-rx is a fm or 2.4 but I'll consider anything, as long as it is a quality unit(ie, futaba, jr, etc) thanks, and I'll see you all out there!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
disabled and broke
Welcome Andy #2. Glad you found it. Evidently RCG didnt like where I had it so they moved it to the clubs forums, so it wasnt where I was telling everyone it was. Oh well, its easier to get to now. Just click on clubs (in the blue header bar) and then go to club talk and there it is.

Well first day of fall and the rain seems to have set in for a couple days. Opportunity to get caught up on the maintenance and builds. Possibly put something together for the indoor season that is rapidly approaching.

My power supply crapped out so I made a homemade one out of an old computer power supply. Works great and supports alot more amps than the store bought supply. Pic below.

Also getting some work done on my Profile project. First attempt at covering. Not exactly my forte but Im trying. I can see that this isnt real difficult but will take some practice and experience. At least Im past the frustration stage anyways. May not be perfect but I believe it will fly. Should look better than what it was when I took possession of it. Pics below.
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Sep 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM.
Sep 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
I was just out there and updated my posting on the forsale/wanted board. Alittle breezy from the south and the pad has standing water on the south side. The profile is lookin good! Bravo!
Sep 22, 2009, 01:41 PM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyter889
I was just out there and updated my posting on the forsale/wanted board. Alittle breezy from the south and the pad has standing water on the south side. The profile is lookin good! Bravo!
Andy, Thanks for the field update. What do you have posted on the board for sale? I know youre looking for the TX and RX but are you selling something also? Might not hurt to post it in here also.
Steve
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Sep 22, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Sep 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
No, not selling anything. Yep, need tx-rx, and hopefully a 4cell lipo charger d/c capable.
Sep 23, 2009, 08:39 AM
Update as of last night. Hobbytown notified me that the f16 I ordered isn't available. So, I went there and got my cash back. Monday night at fire dept training, I was showing a few friends the f16 and f18 64mm on you tube and the guy that I sold my blade cp heli to, called me and he was going to order something from nitroplanes. We talked for a while and we both ordered the blue angels f18 rtf with 2.4 radio. I am still looking for a specktrum dx6, dx6i with reciever though. If anyone has an extra one to sell, I am all ears!
Sep 23, 2009, 09:16 AM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyter889
Update as of last night. Hobbytown notified me that the f16 I ordered isn't available. So, I went there and got my cash back. Monday night at fire dept training, I was showing a few friends the f16 and f18 64mm on you tube and the guy that I sold my blade cp heli to, called me and he was going to order something from nitroplanes. We talked for a while and we both ordered the blue angels f18 rtf with 2.4 radio. I am still looking for a specktrum dx6, dx6i with reciever though. If anyone has an extra one to sell, I am all ears!
Good luck with the new jet. If you need help getting it setup, let me know. Happy to help you out.
Sep 23, 2009, 09:24 AM
Ok, Brian, Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that. It should be arriving early next week!
Sep 23, 2009, 10:06 AM
Anyone going out there today?
Sep 23, 2009, 11:06 AM
disabled and broke
Sun just came out. I will probably be out there later this afternoon for awhile. Jim Laramy has the week off so I would be willing to bet he will be there sometime today. Randy wasnt there last night so he may be there today.

Speaking of Randy's, shouldnt Randy F be back from his fishing trip?

Hey Brian, whats this about your Cap? Dead stick or something, and something about the rudder and gear? You didnt say anything about that the other night.

Pofile update:
Got a little more done on the Profile last night. My covering skills definately need some work, lol. Annie the cat loves to help me with the planes. As you can see in the picture, she never shuts up, always telling me what Im doing wrong.
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Sep 23, 2009 at 11:19 AM.
Sep 23, 2009, 11:21 AM
Lookin good!
Sep 23, 2009, 11:22 AM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Hey Brian, whats this about your Cap? Dead stick or something, and something about the rudder and gear? You didnt say anything about that the other night.
We got 6 good flights on the CAP Saturday. Then Sunday when I went to fly it, the rudder started flopping back and forth right after takeoff. It stopped for a few seconds then did it again. So, I decided it would be better to land it and investigate. But, of course my nerves were slightly askew knowing that my tail could go crazy at any moment while landing, so I made a pretty hard landing. The prop hit the asphalt and came apart. No other problems though. After we pulled it over to the pits, I walked with my radio out around the cars while a bunch of the guys watched the rudder and it started shaking, although not as badly as it had during flight. I still have no idea what the cause is. Now that I have the cowl on it, I don't have a good way to hold it upside down to get in there and figure it out. If only I had a nice stand....... I have another prop but need to figure out the rudder issue. It's a Hitec digital/metal servo. The servo extensions are secured with those box connectors that Jeff has. The RX is a JR 9 channel with one remote antenna. I've used the RX in other planes with no problems. I'm running a 3800 MAh lipo on a regulator for my receiver pack. The RX, RX pack, etc are not connected to the ignition system in any way. The ignition system sits right behind the firewall and is powered by a separate 1700 MAh NiCD pack.

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be causing the issue, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Sep 23, 2009, 11:30 AM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwilkins
If anyone has any thoughts on what might be causing the issue, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Andy, thanks, its getting there. Got other projects slowing me down (Stands)

I think for starters I would switch servo leads at the rx and see if the servo still does it. This may let you know whether or not its in the servo or somewhere from the rx back the other way. May just be a bad wire or connection somewhere, Ive seen screwier things happen.

Stand? Yea I know, its in the works, rush rush rush!!!!
Sep 23, 2009, 01:34 PM
Maybe I don't know if this would work, but try plugging in another servo into the rudder port and see if it has the same issue, that would tell you it's at the rx, not a servo problem. Just my 2 cents.
Sep 24, 2009, 06:35 AM
ivo60

Brians rudder issue

Hey Brian, I did a little pondering on your issue w/ your cap rudder moving w/o command. I had a similar situation with my throttle acting crazy during flight, also w/o input. turned out somehow, it was an issue that went back to when I originally bound the reciever.... I inadvertantly had part throttle on when setting up fail safe and when I rebound it It dissappeared!! Just my one cent, bu t I would try to rebind? ivo60And reset failsafe
Last edited by ivo60; Sep 24, 2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: forgot part