Oct 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
disabled and broke
Im both surprised and impressed. Those stangs are like trying to photograph a hummingbirds nest. One minute its there and the next minute its not. Timing the shutter speed is a whole nother ballgame. Glad it worked out for ya. Those two pics I posted above MUST be framed. I know Im going to. VERY NICE!!

Side note: I also had more fun than usual today. Good day all in all even tho we should recognize a moment of silence for a couple of the birds that didnt come home in one piece

Flew the Eagle 3d 4stroker tonite just before dark, got about 4 tanks thru her and what a pussycat. Wind was "0" and hovers all day. Thats one advantage I will give to the 4stroke is consistent hovering power. Other than that, Im a 2stroke guy. LOL thats what my ex used to say. LOL
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Oct 11, 2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: sp check
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2009, 09:29 PM
disabled and broke
heres the homemade skis I was telling you guys about. Very easy to make.
Oct 11, 2009, 09:45 PM
KING OF ANYTHING RADIO CONTROL

skis

Those are cool. How much did you drink before you looked at a kitty litter jug and say Hey, light bulb!!!!
Oct 11, 2009, 11:14 PM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-28c
Those are cool. How much did you drink before you looked at a kitty litter jug and say Hey, light bulb!!!!
LOL Why is it always about drinking with you guys?
Oct 12, 2009, 07:46 AM
You can't handle the truth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-28c
Everyone see the Kieselburg flying field for Real Flight G4.5? John Curtis has it. I tried to put it on here so anyone can copy it, but it is to large. (It is 64.2MB.) I could try to E-Mail it is anyone wants it. Or maybe take a USB drive to John and maybe he could copy it. Its pretty cool, just needs a picture of George sitting at one of the picnic tables.
PM sent
Oct 12, 2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwilkins
I have mixed feelings on clubs. On one hand, you're right, it would give us an excuse to get together at least once a month and we could do some cool stuff. On the other hand, and I'm sure we can all appreciate this, some people take the "club" thing too far and it becomes a bunch of whiny babies who all want to make a bunch of rules and spend everyone else's money. I've often said that if I had to join a club to fly at K-berg, I'd go fly somewhere else because I like the open nature of things that we have now. New fliers feel comfortable coming out flying, etc. My fear is that we have a few people out there (who shall remain nameless) who would see a club as an opportunity to act like a big shot and try to enforce their opinions on everyone (sort of like they do now, but in a more official capacity). So, I'm torn.
Maybe, I'm a newbie and my opinion really dosen't count, but I am just going to voice my opinion, If we all want to have a "club" but don't want all the rules and garbage that goes with it, Just call it a "group". We can get together, chat, fly, trade stories, swap meets, fly ins, whatever etc. No fees, etc bring a dish to pass and Y.O.B. That type of thing.
Oct 12, 2009, 01:39 PM
disabled and broke
Hey guys, George brought a magazine down for me yesterday that had a review of my dads motor in it. Does anyone know who ended up with it? I would have liked a chance to look at it.
Oct 12, 2009, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Hey guys, George brought a magazine down for me yesterday that had a review of my dads motor in it. Does anyone know who ended up with it? I would have liked a chance to look at it.
It was laying on Randys table when I left at 2pm, I think.
Oct 12, 2009, 04:46 PM

Club?

I think this is what we need right here for a club. I like it just how it is. It is so great to come out the the field and have fun with you guys. All the help in the world, knowone talks behind your back or laughs at you when its not right to do so. I have seen and heard what has gone on, and happen out at the harrison rd field with there CLICKY club and how they stab backs. You guys all now my feelings about about out there and what happen with us.

I think just calling it a group like we have right here online is great. Hey if someone has something they want to show over the winter, talk about or need help with. Set it up and post it on here for a get together at someones house or McDonalds or something like that. Or even just that, "Hey Im going to Hobbytown, want to meet there then go grab a bite and chat?" you know what i mean?

Hate have to join a club to be apart of the group. Hey Ill share whatever i have to share.
Thanks for listening guys, and sorry for any spelling erorrs here. Wish this had spell check.
Oct 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
disabled and broke
Hey Andy (rcnuts), and anyone else that wants to use it, here is the link I was telling you about that I use to resize pics for your avitar.
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
Oct 12, 2009, 06:03 PM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Hey Andy (rcnuts), and anyone else that wants to use it, here is the link I was telling you about that I use to resize pics for your avitar.
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
You can also just use the Windows "paint" program (Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint). Just open any picture and click "image, resize". The pixel and file size limits are on the RCGroups page where you upload the avatar (72x72 pixels or something like that I think).

Brian
Oct 12, 2009, 06:32 PM

Shawn

Shawn's lattest project. A mini 540
Oct 12, 2009, 07:17 PM
Real planes have two wings
Steve I have the mag I forgot he brought it for you so I took it with. I'll get it to you if you want I'll drop it by e-mail me you're address
Oct 12, 2009, 08:01 PM
disabled and broke
Thanks Brian, done that before but forget what I did. So as always google was my answer.

Looks cool Shawn!! Let us know how she flies. I want my own edge too!!

Andy, no worry, I can get it from you next time I see ya. No sense in making a special trip. I just wanted to see if it was still around and available. Good to see you got the avitar on here. Looks good.
Oct 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
Real planes have two wings
OK guy's got some good input on what you guy's think about a club. If we did have a club we Would'nt have any say as to who can fly at K. it's a public field and only the forest preserve has the right to decide that, so that is a non issue. I can relate to the clique issue, wish I could say more but this is a public forum
thanx to all for the input.just so you all know I like to eat at Hawks View,Sherri's Place or Sunrise Andy