Last edited by T-28c; Mar 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: nothin
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
FLY ANGRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-28c
snow really? put the skis back on
shouldnt snow till later Tomorrow into Saturday I think. Morning looks good
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Mar 18, 2010 at 11:37 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 05:04 AM
spder
I like chicken

your friend inflying
Last edited by LeRoy Webb; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 07:14 AM
No meat = no pudding
Wow. Looks like I missed a lot while I was traveling yesterday.

Anyway, looks like winds around 9-10, partly cloudy and temps in the low 50's until 4:00 or so. I got my AR9100 back from Horizon with ANOTHER letter telling me how perfect it is. So, unless something comes up, I'm headed out to do the maiden around 10:00 or so.

Andy, you got time to help me with my ESC problem later today or tomorrow?
Mar 19, 2010, 07:39 AM
No meat = no pudding

This one's for Dave. LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVi_yLFRKY
Mar 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
ivo60
Hey Brian nice maiden on the extra....... Im now posting the "DEAD STICK" photos. All brought on by the photo themselves??????
Mar 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo60
Hey Brian nice maiden on the extra....... Im now posting the "DEAD STICK" photos. All brought on by the photo themselves??????
Hey, thanks for the photos Steff! (even if you did jinx my maiden) LOL!!

Good day of flying! I was glad to be able to hang out with everyone again. That's half the fun, right?

Also, I'd like to say thanks to Andy B and Dave B (aka Gandhi, aka Yoda) for their help on getting the Extra airworthy. I appreciate it.
Last edited by brwilkins; Mar 19, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 07:57 PM
FLY ANGRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22
I'm gonna tell my KB buds right now that LW is really a decent and great guy. We all have our bad moments, and we've seen one tonight.

I think these threads just don't work well, because statements are misunderstood, or get taken out of the context intended, and then folks get all cranky, crotchety, and puffed up.

I'm old and grumpy now myself, but common, can't we treat each other better and with more respect...................sigh.............I'm going to quit posting, and just fly with ya'll for the next 6 months
Happy to announce that WCFP got the high spots around the blacktop groomed and the whole field rolled today. We also got permission to make improvements on the bulletin board and weed control on the runway. Thanks to the WCFP for that!! They have been very willing to listen to our suggestions and more than helpful fulfilling our repair needs. Kudos to them for that!!

You know Dave, I agree that things do get lost in the interpretation on the threads but some statements dont leave any room for anything to get lost in. (no smileys, no "jk" and not a bit of a reference to any joking that is currently going on). And Im afraid that there seems to be some statements coming from folks that dont frequent the Kieselberg field, but directed at the guys that do frequent the KB field that arent settling well with a few KB members. And quite franky, from a personal standpoint, your apologies for another member doesnt cut if for me. Kind of reminds me of a parent apologizing for his kid and the kid continuing his mischief. I was out at the field today, all day, and I hate to tell you but the majority of the folks out there voiced their opinions of some of the members of the RVRC....... and it might be best to keep the groups apart. There seems to be alot of animosity sensed from that side and I think things couldnt be further from getting better. My advise to you would be to let the club idea for KB die and forget anything about a merge. I would say all is lost there.

SO, THAT BEING SAID, THIS IS TO KB MEMBERS........
I know its going to be said that others dont feel this way so if anyone from KB feels otherwise please speak up. Im not trying to be a spokesperson by any means but I will speak for the majority of the folks that I have talked to recently. The general concensus is this..... Things have been very good at KB for the last couple/few years and we have handled it quite well. Sadly, since the creation of this thread (and the club discussions) it has gone downhill due to outside influences causing conflict. I feel responsible and may have to (and will if needed) close this thread if need be. I think we can avoid this by the members speaking as a whole and with a majority.
Sooooo..... I would like to hear what the KB fliers have to say and please be honest and have some backbone here.
FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!
Club/no club?
thread/no thread?
park enjoyable now?
feel like there is unneeded controversy?
Any comments are appreciated, and like I said, throw it out there and be honest. We cant make honest decisions without honest feedback
Thank you fellas, Steve
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 08:08 PM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
You know Dave, I agree that things do get lost in the interpretation on the threads but some statements dont leave any room for anything to get lost in. And Im afraid that there seems to be alot of statements coming from folks that dont frequent the Kieselberg field, but directed at the guys that do frequent the KB field. I was out at the field today, all day, and I hate to tell you but the majority of the folks out there voiced their opinions of some of the members of the RVRC....... and it might be best to keep the groups apart. There seems to be alot of animosity sensed from that side and I think things couldnt be further from getting along. My advise to you would be to let the club idea for KB die and forget anything about a merge. I would say all is lost there.

SO, THAT BEING SAID, THIS IS TO KB MEMBERS........
I know its going to be said that others dont feel this way so if anyone from KB feels otherwise please speak up. Im not trying to be a spokesperson by any means but I will speak for the majority of the folks that I have talked to recently. The general concensus is this..... Things have been very good at KB for the last couple/few years and we have handled it quite well. Sadly, since the creation of this thread (and the club discussions) it has gone downhill due to outside influences causing conflict. I feel responsible and may have to (and will if needed) close this thread if need be. I think we can avoid this by the members speaking as a whole and with a majority.
Sooooo..... I would like to hear what the KB fliers have to say and please be honest and have some backbone here.
FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!
Club/no club?
thread/no thread?
park enjoyable now?
feel like there is unneeded controversy?
Any comments are appreciated, and like I said, throw it out there and be honest. We cant make honest decisions without honest feedback
Thank you fellas, Steve

Steve, I don't think you're any more responsible for what gets said on here than Al Gore (he invented the Internet, remember?). People are people and all of them have opinions. I like the thread and I think we should keep it. I pretty much just ignore anything that I don't care for. I figure that's the best way of keeping it minimized.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that the thread should simply run its natural course. I don't think any of it should be censored, changed, or whatever WITH THE EXCEPTION OF obvious personal attacks, badgering, something obviously illegal, etc. I don't care if people want to put stuff on a thread disagreeing with me. In fact, I think some of that is healthy. The club discussion, I thought, was actually a pretty worthwhile conversation and I appreciated hearing everyone's opinions and why. Not having been into RC for a lot of years like some of you, getting perspectives from everyone was good information for me.

So my vote: keep the thread.

The field, is going well, in my opinion. Unless I missed something, I thought we all had a great day of flying today. I've seen a few guys from the Harrison field coming out lately, and I don't personally have any issue with that. Actually, I think I get along pretty well with everyone. I have a pass for both fields, mostly just so I have more places to fly. I don't really know much about the Harrison field yet, but thus far no one out there has treated me badly in any way (actually, it's been just the opposite). I guess like Dave, I sort of feel like maybe there are a few people who hold some animosity for one reason or other. Since none of that has been directed at me personally (as far as I know), I think I get along okay with everyone. Yeah, Stan kind of irked me a little a few weeks ago with a comment, but I don't think he meant anything by it, and I've been past that for a long time now. In fact I just saw him and we chatted. It's all good.

I know a lot of you guys have been doing this for a lot longer than I have. I'm sure if some of you have grudges or whatever, you probably have your reasons and I won't try to talk you out of them (I think that's Dave's job, right? -just kidding Dave). I personally have not had any bad experiences, well, with anyone really, from either field. I guess when I do, I'll probably have a different opinion. For now at least, I like K-berg and I like Harrison (although I've only flown there once). And, I generally assume that people are good and want to do the right things unless and until they prove otherwise. And, if somebody at K-berg treats me badly, I'll most likely just be disappointed in that person rather than the lump sum of everyone who flies at K-berg. Same for Harrison.

So my vote: Field is good, fun, enjoyable, love flying with you guys and I feel privileged to be able to do so, especially given the wealth of knowledge that's there and the willingness to help that everyone has shown.

Club? I don't know. Like I've said, I don't think I'm really qualified to have much of an opinion on that yet. But, I do appreciate the information and opinions that everyone has shared.

Unneeded controversy? Maybe, but it doesn't really bother me. Like I said, I just ignore it for the most part.
Last edited by brwilkins; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:25 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 08:30 PM
FLY ANGRY
Thanks Brian, I Love the thread myself and its been alot of fun. My point I guess is that since the thread was started (for positive reasons) we have had alot of fun but recently we have gained alot of negativity and controversy from others with better ideas on what to do with our field. As most of you know, flying is a part of my life that I very much enjoy, but the friendships that I have gained while enjoying the sport mean twice as much to me. Thread or no thread, most of our friendships will endure but it would be really nice to find some long term solutions to our short term problem here. Fat chance there huh?
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
No meat = no pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Thanks Brian, I Love the thread myself and its been alot of fun. My point I guess is that since the thread was started (for positive reasons) wehave had alot of fun but recently we have gained alot of negativity and controversy. As most of you know, flying is a part of my life that I very much enjoy, but the friendships that I have gained while enjoying the sport mean twice as much to me. Thread or no thread, most of our friendships will endure but it would be really nice to find some long term solutions to our short term problem here.
Im not in the military anymore or these little thorns in the side would be an easy prloblem to solve.
For what it's worth, I think a lot of the negativity may be just people being tired of couped up in the house all winter rather than being able to be outside flying. A lot of it is also just misinterpretations of what people mean rather than what they actually typed. I work in a corporate environment every day and pretty much live off email, so I tend word things a little more carefully and be sure to put in the smiley faces as appropriate. A LOT of people from both fields are not extremely tech-savvy and therefore less apt to soften wording sometimes, or will try to joke only to be taken the wrong way. When you can't determine someone's tone, people will often assume the worst.

There's an easy way to tell whether the thread is going down the tubes. When people stop posting, for whatever reason, then it will have reached the end of its usefulness.
Mar 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
FLY ANGRY
Oh, well arent you just a smarty pants!!! JUST KIDDING LOL DONT BE MAD!!!! You know Im kidding right? Dont take it the wrong way, I am kidding, you do know that right. ha ha hehehehe LOL etc......
Mar 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Radio~Flyer
My opinion, for what it is worth, is to keep the thread and whatever is required to keep the field!

Keep the thread because it is the only far reaching communication tool that their is if you can't be at the field. If this thread was closed, I'm sure someone else would start another one. If something is posted that seems to demand a negative response: ignore it and consider the source, the idiotic spurts will soon become obvious as well as the idiot who posts it. Hopefully they will fade away, if not they can be blocked by the administrator from using the thread.

As far as a club or something, because of the residential development in the area I for see the future where a viable instrument of some kind, whatever that maybe, will be required to keep the field the way it is. The change brought by outside sources (read: new and organized neighbors) could be that be a limit to the plane size or type: electric only, or engine size, or park-flyer's only, who is to know?

Personally, I think the character of the flyer's at both fields are above average because of the common bond of flying with a help full attitude, and this is what makes it a great hobby.

As for my personal agenda: I plan on (trying to anyway) flying at both fields, depending upon convenience because I work part-time by one and live full-time by the other, and I plan on (trying to) getting along with everyone even though I am sometimes miss understood. After all I have too because last year I flew after being out of it for over thirty years, this year I have to learn how to fly. I am not out to get anyone and I am not against one field or the other. My fear is not crashing but losing such a great place to fly as Kieselburg is.

The field looked great today but maybe I've seen to much snow. The shaved berm around the circle and the rolled grass is great. I have to take the skis off and get ready with the glow-juice. And yes, I'll need all the help I can get.

If you are still with me on this: thank you.

Yours truly,
Stan
Last edited by lsburruss; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Mar 19, 2010, 09:37 PM
KING OF ANYTHING RADIO CONTROL
Lot of you know why we fly at KB and my feilings about Harison rd, so i wont go on a roll about it and get all fired up. I know some of the guys fly at KB becase they dont like the other side for one reason or another so they fly at KB because you dont see or hear any of those things. As for a club, well..... No. Look, the forest preserve is helping out no problem, we just needed to ask. If you need help, help is there with the guys that hang out at KB anyway. A organized club would just turn things around like how things are starting to now or when it is brought up. The thread works great here also, when its kept to KB and the guys there and the fun we have. I did like the Bugs Bunny cartoon. damn i had a fun remembering that one, it was one of my favorites as a kid.
Well, cant wait for the warmer weather to hit
Mar 19, 2010, 10:00 PM
FLY ANGRY
Thanks Brian, Stan, and Terry. You guys are a big positive influence and thats what I was looking for. If everyone would just post one positive thing about the thread and / or the field it gets things going in a positive direction again and makes it harder for others to post the negative thoughts. I know Im as guilty as the next to throw fuel on the fire when I feel the negativity, but most of you know my sense of humor and I do like to poke fun and kid around but mean little harm by it. (reminder, use the smileys, it helps others know when your kidding). Lets all have fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
LETS KEEP THE POSITIVITY COMING,
C'mon the rest of you,