Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2009, 11:29 PM
fooesboy is offline
Find More Posts by fooesboy
Registered Abuser
fooesboy's Avatar
Yippee!

Wyoming Wind Works Impromptu slope fest


Hi all,

Adam is hosting an impromptu "slope Fest" here this weekend 12th-13th of September....... Sorry about the short notice, but that is the way things go sometimes

It will be purely a fun event, with no prizes or anything, just a good time and a "fling what you bring" attitude.

The slopes here are great and cover every wind direction including a couple of great DS hills and some quite large front side slopes! (can anyone say "Lead Slead"?

The "Shop" will be open for people to take a peek, and we may even do a couple of demonstrations like vac-bagging a wing or laying up a fuse using the bladder technique....... if there is any interest.

There will be beer and BBQ (very family frendly) at Adams place the night of the 12th.

There is space for camping here or we can help find a hotel in the area.

PM me or Adam for more information, or post in this thread.

Chris

(the euro shop-slave)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2009, 11:37 PM
Pismo is offline
Find More Posts by Pismo
Jim in San Diego
Pismo's Avatar
Oh man Chris. I'd love to get out to this one but I just came off vacation and my porch pass is being held

I hope you guys get a great turn out and have a ton of fun. Did you ever get your P-40 done? If not, take a side trip to San Diego and fly mine

Jim
Old Sep 09, 2009, 05:30 AM
sixty9mustang is offline
Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Surf's up!!
sixty9mustang's Avatar
I will be there. Looking forward to meeting people, flying, BBQ'ing and just plain relaxing. WooHoo!!


Chip
Old Sep 09, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mark Robbins is offline
Find More Posts by Mark Robbins
Mark Robbins
Can't push it off a weekend? I am gonna be in Rapid the next weekend...Have fun!
Old Sep 09, 2009, 09:29 AM
flytrip is offline
Find More Posts by flytrip
I land when i CFIT!
flytrip's Avatar
Can you tell those of us who don't know, exactly where in WY you are located? That will help me decide.

Colby
Old Sep 09, 2009, 11:55 AM
Frank S is offline
Find More Posts by Frank S
sewing machine thumb
Doh! I'd love to get over there, but I have to drive the kids to a soccer tournament in Bozeman this weekend.
Old Sep 09, 2009, 11:57 AM
wyowindworks is offline
Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Just fly it!
wyowindworks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrip
Can you tell those of us who don't know, exactly where in WY you are located? That will help me decide.

Colby
Ooooopss. We are in Cody, WY.

Adam
Old Sep 09, 2009, 01:43 PM
AC5FF is offline
Find More Posts by AC5FF
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
AC5FF's Avatar
Ouch I wish I could attend!!! It isn't all that far from me here in Rapid...
But alas - my $$ is tied up to go to the ECHLGF just a couple weeks later... I will have to keep my eyes open for another event though. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun!!
Old Sep 09, 2009, 01:57 PM
wyowindworks is offline
Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Just fly it!
wyowindworks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF
Ouch I wish I could attend!!! It isn't all that far from me here in Rapid...
But alas - my $$ is tied up to go to the ECHLGF just a couple weeks later... I will have to keep my eyes open for another event though. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun!!
Cody, WY is 6 hours driving from Rapid City, SD.

Maybe next year I'll do an official one with several months advance notice.

Adam
Old Sep 09, 2009, 05:55 PM
fooesboy is offline
Find More Posts by fooesboy
Registered Abuser
fooesboy's Avatar
The whole idea of this "fest" is for a group of like minded slopers getting togeather and having some fun!

If the wind dosn't show up, then Adam has offered to have his shop open, you could lay-up your own Stinger or Stingeron fuse or have cores cut on the CNC hotwire..... either way with or without wind we are sure to have a good time!!!!!

Chris
Old Sep 09, 2009, 05:56 PM
fooesboy is offline
Find More Posts by fooesboy
Registered Abuser
fooesboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S
Doh! I'd love to get over there, but I have to drive the kids to a soccer tournament in Bozeman this weekend.

Hi Frank,

Shame that you can't make it, it was nice meeting you last year at Soar Utar.

Chris
Old Sep 09, 2009, 05:58 PM
fooesboy is offline
Find More Posts by fooesboy
Registered Abuser
fooesboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robbins
Can't push it off a weekend? I am gonna be in Rapid the next weekend...Have fun!

Just make the extra drive.......... afterall its only gas!
Old Sep 09, 2009, 07:52 PM
cynjon is offline
Find More Posts by cynjon
Retired USAF
cynjon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF
Ouch I wish I could attend!!! It isn't all that far from me here in Rapid...
But alas - my $$ is tied up to go to the ECHLGF just a couple weeks later... I will have to keep my eyes open for another event though. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun!!
Yep, wish I could head out to Cody as well...my son has a soccer game in Mitchell Friday night...300 miles in the wrong direction.

And don't forget, the Black Hills Air Rally will be held out at the Buffalo Chip campground in Sturgis this weekend. I'm going to head over there on Saturday when I get back into town on Saturday to check it out. I'm going to try to bring a couple planes to sell as well, just in case. Gotta fund the last few items for my latest project...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:17 AM
Mark Robbins is offline
Find More Posts by Mark Robbins
Mark Robbins
You boy plays for Sturgis huh? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjon
Yep, wish I could head out to Cody as well...my son has a soccer game in Mitchell Friday night...300 miles in the wrong direction.

And don't forget, the Black Hills Air Rally will be held out at the Buffalo Chip campground in Sturgis this weekend. I'm going to head over there on Saturday when I get back into town on Saturday to check it out. I'm going to try to bring a couple planes to sell as well, just in case. Gotta fund the last few items for my latest project...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Frank S is offline
Find More Posts by Frank S
sewing machine thumb
Change of plans means I may be able to make it after all! What are the landing zones like at your slopes? I don't think I have a flyable foamie right now ...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Wyoming Wind Works New EPP Slope Monkey wyowindworks Slope 318 Apr 06, 2014 10:54 AM
Alert Wyoming Wind Works Christmas Giveaway 2008 (Congrats to quigley257) wyowindworks Slope 302 Dec 19, 2008 06:22 AM
Discussion Wyoming Wind Works Finally Has a Website! wyowindworks Slope 27 Jul 24, 2008 12:43 PM
Alert Wyoming Wind Works Christmas Give-away (Congrats to Thrasher!) wyowindworks Slope 209 Dec 25, 2007 01:14 PM
Discussion Look What Showed Up At Wyoming Wind Works wyowindworks Slope 12 Dec 12, 2007 02:40 PM