Sep 08, 2009, 08:13 PM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
Thread OP
Discussion

E-Flight Funtana 300 Clone

So, After receiving my e-bay bought E-Flight Funtana 300 for a miserable 20 bucks. I proceeded to clone it by making a detailed copy of everything. I set it aside and began making it out of Blucore.
I could have just as easy made it out of EPP, but since it's a little expensive and brittle I desided that the EEP copy should wait. I'll try my luck and practice on FFF.

It's a full fuse 32 inch wingspan. All up weight without a battery came up to 10.10 oz.
Powered by a E-Flight 370 1080kv

and a 12Amp ESC

4-9gram Servos

Could I use a 20AMP ESC?

AUW is as follow..

12.30oz with a Turnigy 1000mAh 2S 20/30C

12.65oz with a Ryhno 750 mAh 3S 20C

12.95oz With a Turnigy 1300 mAh 2S 20/30C

14.40oz with a E-Flight 1250 mAh 3S 20C
------------------------------------------------

It be too heavy if I use the following battery..
15.10oz with a Ryhno 1550 mAh 3S 30C

Pictures to follow....

to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2009, 12:48 PM
Tom Bass Park RC Nonconformist
Thread OP
Today was a perfect day to maiden my cloned Funtana 300 from E-Flight. Winds were at around 5mph constant.

Found a perfect spot at my local Academy Sports that has a very large open empty parking lot. Lots of space to take off and land, just perfect I thought.

I started the flight at 14.40oz with a E-Flight 1250 mAh 3S 20C and a Turnigy 12Amp ESC. It flew real tamed. With little input on the stick. I was flying pattern through out the battery's power. I landed it 3 times and it was very exhilarating, for I had never landed a foamie on wheels before. My right thumb was shaking as I came in for a pass on final approach and I was nervous, through out the flight. I was very happy to bring it down to a very perfect landing right in front of me.

I replace the battery before it went dead on me in mid flight.

Replaced it with a Ryhno 750 mAh 3S 20C and brought the AUW to 12.65oz. This time it flew with more authority. I was able to do loops with ease and do some crazy tumbles from 100 feet up. It was a big difference in flight characteristics with this set up of 2 oz. less. It flew like a charm and was faster on the loops and could fly even slower.

So I took it about 100 feet up and started by 3rd tumble of the morning on this set up. Position on the center of the parking lot 100 feet up, I started my decent and the tumble. At about 50 feet I pulled left and leveled off pulled back on the stick and a Light post jumped out of no where "SMACK" right square on the lights. I reduced power to zero and it nose dived from that height to the ground. Luckily a patch of broken concrete where there was only dirt absorbed my impact on the motor. never the less it crumpled the nose and the motor mount firewall gave in. Motor dangled as I picked it up.

I came home set it on my work station for the upcoming repairs. I'm real happy with the flight over all. real nice and controlled landing. I was also real happy that the landing I did, looked like I had done them for many years, when in actuality... this was my first landing on pavement and on wheels ever.

Here are some pictures I uploaded to photo bucket..

Sep 13, 2009, 03:42 PM

looks you had fun!!
bevore you power the motor up again check for dirt and damage (straight shaft)
most likely the foam took the hit but youi never know.

Quick Reply