Sep 05, 2009, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
Contest

WIN an E-Foamies Revolution 3D Trainer, reciever ready

Hello,

This post is to let all RC Groups members and visitors know that we here at Subsonic Planes are giving away an E-Foamies EPP Revolution 3D Trainer with Motrolfly 2210-1080 motor, FM-20 ESC, Sonic Power Battery, Servos, and a lipo balance charger for those who may not have one and happen to win. Plane will be a receiver ready kit with plug and play gear.
All you have to do is enter our site and send us an e-mail giving us your input about our site or on brushless motor systems and you are entered. Click this link http://www.subsonicplanes.com/WIN_A_...D_TRAINER.html
and follow the instructions.

Good Luck

All entries need to be in by 10/1/2009 7 P.M. Central Standard time.
The winner will be chosen some time after 8 P.M. Central Standard time and will be posted here. The plane and gear will ship to the winner on 10/2/2009

update: 10/2/2009 The Winner was Brian Miller
Last edited by Subsonic Ken; Oct 02, 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2009, 01:35 PM
Impeadance
new site looks more user friendly...great!

Fred
Sep 08, 2009, 03:10 PM
Where'd my money go?
Looks great! i sent you guys an email
I really love the way the pictures are magnified by rolling over it with the mouse.
Sep 08, 2009, 03:12 PM
Just call me Stealth
I hate to say it, and I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for winning the competition, but the website looks terrible. I apologize if my feedback seems harsh. I do mean for it to be honest and constructive and would be happy to help any way I can.

Here's my feedback:
- Doesn't seem to work well in Firefox. Things are not aligned to centre as they are in IE.
- Huge text and all caps just looks terrible - This is my biggest complaint. I really feel this makes the design look cheap. (sorry)
- I do like the banner and buttons at the top, but this should be identical on every page. This would provide consistency across the website.
- The white on black color scheme is definitely not my favorite, but it's workable
- Mouse-over on thumbnails to get a bigger image is good, but it forces the rest of the table out of whack. It would be better if the larger image appeared in it's own overlay. This isn't very hard to do.
- Borders around the items in the product listings would bring some clarity and separation.
- "BUY NOW" should be a link, as well as the price.
- I didn't expect any of the top links to open a PDF doc. This takes me away from the site which is bad. I would have them either open within the browser, or convert them to their own webpage with an optional link to download the PDF.
- Obviously the warranty info is important, but I don't think it should be above the navigational links.

I hope this helps and I will also email.
Sep 08, 2009, 03:19 PM
Impeadance
"Obviously the warranty info is important, but I don't think it should be above the navigational links" Motor warranty, nice to know Motrolfly is offering a year warranty.

Fred
Sep 08, 2009, 03:31 PM
Just call me Stealth
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo
"Obviously the warranty info is important, but I don't think it should be above the navigational links" Motor warranty, nice to know Motrolfly is offering a year warranty.

Fred
Absolutely! Nice to see companies stand behind their products.
Sep 08, 2009, 06:24 PM
Still looks good Ken!!

-Kevin
Sep 08, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Looks good...Sent an email! nothing wrong with free planes!
Sep 08, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just call me Stealth
Bunch of yes men

Surely there's some constructive feedback to be given.
Sep 08, 2009, 07:20 PM
I looked your site over and very nice. Only thing I found I think seems low was the Product Warranty, Lithium polymer battery packs should be thoroughly checked (individual cell damage, visible pack damage, and voltage) before charging. For voltage, check the specks on the pack you bought for low voltage that is acceptable; which is usually 2.75v per cell, 5.5v for 2s, 8.25v for 3s, 11v for 4s.

Cells should be 3.75 each
Sep 08, 2009, 08:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGod
Bunch of yes men

Surely there's some constructive feedback to be given.
StealthGod,

Thanks,

Honesty is what I am looking for; this will be a random drawing so as long as an e-mail good, bad, or the good and bad is sent through our site you are entered. I have had lots of constructive criticism sent to me and appreciate it very much. Don't others go beating up on it for fun now

Ken
Sep 08, 2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic Ken
StealthGod,

Thanks,

I have had lots of constructive criticism sent to me and appreciate it very much.

By the way- good job on the contest banner- the colors match the HK colors. It fits really good.
Sep 09, 2009, 10:44 AM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
Hey guys, new site is nice.. I think very user friendly..

Suggestions though..

Page centering.. some things are and some things aren’t.. starting with the title and the tool bars, as you read/scroll down the page it kinda jumps side to side.. it’s an aesthetic thing but first visitors to the site might kinda assume it’s a shell webpage that you’re trying to fit stuff into..

Efoamy title is off to the side bar, everything else is on top of the photo..

APC pros same thing but reversed.. photo is off to the side

Home, motors, esc looks good, but starting at batteries jumps to a different page..

Not all “click here for details” have a blue line.

Just a few consistency things.

When you add something to a cart, and then continue shopping.. you go back to the home page..there’s no checkout or view cart.. need that to be able to buy.

Suggestions, FWIW

YamaDan
Sep 09, 2009, 12:17 PM
As a professional website designer for 15+ years and recent RC fan I thought I would give you some feedback on the site.

I don't know what the old version looked like but in general I think it needs to be re-worked. I'm not saying this to be mean, but after years and years of web development I can tell you that the way the site is laid out, it doesn't portray a professional or attention to details...this unfortunately leaves the same feeling about your products. It's like going to a Mercedes dealership in a bad part of town with grafitti on the walls. Sure they have great products, but I'm not shopping there.

On-line shopping is about trust and confidence and your website is what tells people that you are a serious vendor. If you don't spend the time and money to make a good site...makes people wonder if you will pay attention to them and their needs.

I know...it's not fair...but it's the way of the web.

Here is what I would suggest:
1. Get rid of the black background. Use a dark grey instead.
2. Make your menu bar all one line either all the way across the top or down the side...but get it into a single row/column.
3. All of the product pages need to be setup better so you can tell where one starts and the other ends. Put them in tables or something.
4. Don't do the auto-expanding product images. In general don't overdo the Javascript...just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.
5. Use a consistent palette of colors that complement each other. You have black, silver, yellow, blue, cream
6. Leave the header alone...don't change it everytime you go to a new page.
7. Use an integrated shopping cart. Likely the best thing you can do for yourself is to get a real integrated shopping cart that has the product information and check out functions all built into one place. Check out http://www.cs-cart.com/

It's super easy to use, inexpensive to purchase and you can configure it yourself in a couple of hours. It will make your site look awesome immediately and can be "skinned" to give you a most custom look.
Sep 09, 2009, 02:20 PM
Email sent!

Quick Reply