Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 05, 2009, 06:06 PM
crd
Find More Posts by crd
crd
Always tinkering
New Product

FunJet EDF mounting bracket and FPV pod

I just got a brand new FunJet and I want to get busy designing parts for it. (Pan/Tilt motor mounts, EDF brackets, FPV Pods, Parachute launcher, Landing gear, etc etc.)

I'm in the process of designing a FPV pod for it, but I will also like to do EDF brackets, I currently own a 78mm EDF and a 92mm EDF, I think the 92mm is to much. What would be a nice size to start? 78mm?

Also any susggestions about products that you would like to see for the FunJet let me know

Here is a little of what I do www.claserdesigns.com
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2009, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
64mm would be a decent size, but do note that EDF units will be less effecient than a propeller driven setup
Old Sep 05, 2009, 06:31 PM
crd
Find More Posts by crd
crd
Always tinkering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
64mm would be a decent size, but do note that EDF units will be less effecient than a propeller driven setup
What about Pan/Tilt Motor Mounts? I heard on my local hobby shop that people use them, would that be an interest here? (controlled by servo)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2009, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
^If you can get an EDF mounted up like that. I think the best option though would be to use a Vectored Thrust nozzle, or a VT unit like the Phase 3 Squall! has.