Sep 02, 2009, 03:50 PM
Discussion

Blaster 2 wing servo connections

can anybody advise the best type of connector to use for the wing servos to fuz connections.There is not much room and i m having difficalty using the plugs and sockets that come with normal srvo extension leads
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2009, 03:57 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
I personally like to use the Align balance tap for Lipo battery.

4 pin, pretty small.
Sep 02, 2009, 04:12 PM
Guz
Guz
Gutless wonder
Try the inline connectors from Digikey or Mouser

DLG Electrical connectors
Sep 02, 2009, 04:57 PM
Where is the lift?
I have found that you sometimes need to replace a servo in a hurry. Having modified the leads for the wing to fuse connection will prevent a quick servo change-out. I simply make the hole in the wing above the pylon just large enough to allow the servo plugs to extend into. I learned to do this the hard way.

Charlie
Sep 02, 2009, 10:16 PM
Guz
Guz
Gutless wonder
Charlie does have a point. I should have added that use the inline connector, but put servo plugs at the ends. Female in the wing, so you can just unplug the servo. Male in the fuse.

We've also found that using the D47 or D60's use the yellow horizontal mounting adapters with little bass blocks and screws is a life saver if you ever have to repair a servo. The extra weight is negligible in the Blaster.
Sep 03, 2009, 07:56 AM
Bob Olson

Blasters

I have had 2 blasters and 4 fuselages. Have set up different ways and found out that it is a good idea using the mounting brackets for servo change. Also I use d4.7's stock with the wire and plugs they come with. I use 2 custom made to length servo extentions, one for each servo straight to the reciever with the extention to servo coupled in the pylon. Yes, there is room and weight savings versus single 4-cond plug, but to me is not worth the effort for only a few grams of savings versus convenience of repairs under contest conditions on the tailgate of my truck! Most guys are using 4 - 5 gram recievers now and I personally find it hard to get proper cg without having to add weight forward.
Sep 03, 2009, 03:20 PM
ive managed to find some connectors very similar to the Align balance tap connectors .the only differance is that these have five wires