Apr 16, 2003, 08:18 AM
Thread OP

Spoilerons mixed with Elevator Ratio ?

Hi,

I would like to put a 30 degrees angle on these poilerons, for landings, but I wonder what is the proper mixing ratio on the elevator ?

Here is how it looks when the spoilerons are fully extended, with the elevator mixed.

What do you think ? Is there a fixed ratio for these things or do people just try it and adjust, according to the flight ?

Thanks for your help,
Patrick.

Picture with spoilerons fully extended
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2003, 08:19 AM
Thread OP
Picture of the mixed Elevator, when the spoilerons are in the full extended position.
Apr 16, 2003, 08:36 AM
There is no set percentage, you will have to try it and see. To be honest, I'd start with no elevator compensation ... deploy the spoilers at altitude and see what happens.

BTW from memory, the models I have with spoilerons need UP trim, not down!

PS The Royal Evo transmitter is superb for this sort of thing as you can assign any numeric value to one of the two 'digi adjustors' (rotary knobs that also push in for 'select'). So assign the ele/spoiler mix value to one of the knobs, fly, turn (either way) till the model is nicely trimmed - job done! There's a 'lock/unlock' button too, so you don't change a setting by mistake.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Apr 16, 2003, 09:01 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Bill.

Does the the Royal Evo also have a "Motor Lock" button, that when you press it once, it locks the motor at the position where the radio motor stick is ?
Apr 16, 2003, 09:20 AM

Motor Lock

Not that I'm aware of, just the normal 'motor kill' function to disable the throttle stick.
Apr 16, 2003, 09:33 AM
What he said - set no mix, then try them up high. See if it needs up or down elevator to compensate, and 'about' how much. Turn them off, land, program that in, then try again.
..a
Apr 16, 2003, 09:33 AM
hi Patrick.

the down elevator you programmed seems like nothing much but it have more influence than you think. I'd start with what you show in the photo. maybe even a little less elevator but it seems fine.
the best way to make sure is of course to try it up high.

BTW, down elevator is what you need.

now stop showing off with your hitec eclipse's "motor lock" function. Futaba don't have this function because they trust their costumer's inteligence not to do stupid mistakes... (yes, I'm a proud futaba owner).

happy Passover, Oded.
Apr 16, 2003, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
Thanks,

Oded, for the Motor lock function, I know how to recognize a Futaba owner....

It goes from few fingers less to use and if not, some marks all around, or just several props gone...

This On/Off lock motor function is just a great smart thing that I wish the Royal Evo would have. Futaba, of course they don't have it, I would not even ask....
Apr 16, 2003, 10:33 AM
I must admit I don't really understand the advantage of this "motor lock" compared to the "motor kill" that the MPX (and some other) TXs have??

"Motor kill" does what I want, disables the throttle stick so I can't accidentally power up the motor (by catching the neck strap on the stick etc.) when the pack is plugged in and everything is live. Like when carrying the model out to the strip, or straight after landing before I've retrieved it.

I don't think I'd ever want to lock the throttle in anything other than the 'off' position?
Apr 16, 2003, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Oh, so you do have this function on the EVO !!!

I did not understand wwell, but the Motor kill is just, indeed, what we care about.

So, Oded, just the Futaba does not have it..... But ok, it's just Futaba
Apr 16, 2003, 11:00 AM

motor kill

OK, even the Cockpit MM has this. On the Evo you can assign the function to any switch or button on the TX, even have it in different places for different types of model (if you really want to ?!).

Whatever, it's a great safety feature for electric flight
Apr 16, 2003, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
It saved my props and my fingers from being hurt, few times already....
Apr 16, 2003, 11:06 AM
Me too!
Apr 16, 2003, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
This Royal EVO seems the cream of the cream...
Apr 16, 2003, 05:27 PM
For really complex mixer programming the MPX Profi 4000 is more powerful (and expensive), but the Evo is pretty good

Quick Reply