Thread Tools
Aug 31, 2009, 11:12 AM
Trader Rating: 42
Software always has bugs
Thread OP
Discussion

Please help - Is this What I Should Received and Threaded


I bought this helicopter from Eric Hurd here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1084236, and he sent to me a totally broken helicopter. Eric asked for $300 and a $5.00 shipping, and I agreed to pay $305 for a "good and RTF HDX helicopter" (Eric Hurd). I told Eric that I bought the helicopter for the kids to practice in the flying club during the summer time, and he told me that this is a good one for that purpose http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=151828.
When I received and opened the box, I saw the following broken/damaged/bent parts.
-Tail tube was broken
-Tail blade holders were damaged
-Tail hub was bent
-All tail bearings were very loose and not running smooth (felt like sand get in them)
-Main blade holders were poorly made by hand to enlarge the gap for using 10mm blade
-Motor rotor was damaged (obviously from a crash), the bearings inside were gone, and the rotor was ran on bearing sleeve.
-One end of the ESC was opened, and the wires were melted.
-FUT9254 tail servo wire was shorted and grommet was melted at the case.
-Lot of spare parts, but they are all damaged from either crash or prolong running except some plastic parts.
Eric included a few NIB box parts such as linkages, tail hub, Scorpion motor bearing (for newer version – mine was older one – not usable), and Trex fly bar as you can see in the pictures.
However, he did not send with the package the tool and the Trex metal head as in mentioned in his advertisement.
With this configuration, it is not safe to fly this helicopter, and I should mention that to have it flyable a lot of things need to replace.
My questions are what I should do if you get this helicopter and what kind of feedback that Eric Hurd deserves to receive?

I sent several PMs and emails to Eric, but he ignored me. Finally, I had to jack up his thread on helifreak.com (http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=153052) to get his attention and he told me not to contact him any more.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2009, 11:18 AM
Trader Rating: 17
Registered User
lazer155's Avatar
If you have tried to contact him and he would not respond and sent you that beat up heli that was advertised as being in good shape I would start a paypal dispute. Assuming you used paypal? I would also leave negative feedback here on rcg.
Aug 31, 2009, 11:25 AM
Trader Rating: 42
Software always has bugs
Thread OP
Thanks for your opinion, and I disputed with Paypal. However, Paypal gave me a unsatisfied resolution which they cannot not guaranty for the quality of the item being sent. Thanks.

MT
Aug 31, 2009, 11:31 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Registered User
dude7422's Avatar
i found this on his home page link send him a email it maybe a work email i dont know [email protected]

this is his post copy paste
The time has come (again) that I've got to thin the fleet some, so like always I'm starting with my smallest (but yet it's definately the most kick-ars) and I'm including EVERY part I have (so that I can't go back and rebuild another one). It's basically the good parts from the Trex 500 and the good parts from the HDX 500-SEV2.
Electronics are Align 510 digi's on cyclic, Futaba 401 with 9254 on the tail, Align 60A ESC set on 6V, Scorpion 3026-1210kv.
It comes with TWO complete metal heads (one is the HDX SE and the other a Trex 500), 130T main gear (2ea), 3 Trex 500 canopies, SE matal tail, Trex 500 skids (for much higher stance and longer tail blades). There's a set of CF 430mm (perfect for hard 3D) and a set of FG 420mm blades (I wouldn't use these for hard 3D).
There are TONS of spares (as shown in the pics) so I won't list them but ask and I can give specifics.

In addition to the heli and extra's, I've got 3 Outrage 6S 3300mah of which they all have less than 10 flights on them. I had bought these about a month or two ago just for this bird and they give OUTSTANDING performance as well as 6-7 min 3D flights (HS in the 28-3200 range).

Price? Cause I NEED to sell this thing by the weekend (cause I bought a new Outrage 550 that needs electronics) so that I won't keep flying it, I'm setting the price at ONLY $450 shipped (USA) and for $550 I'll include ALL 3 bats! Yep, this heli with ALL electronics, spares, 3 bats for only $550.

Sorry but NOT splitting up
Aug 31, 2009, 12:00 PM
Trader Rating: 42
Software always has bugs
Thread OP
I tried to email him several times, and he told me to wait for the claim from UPS and "Please don't contact me directly from this point forward. We can deal with this through the necessary channels." (Eric Hurd).

My last email response from Eric was

"Your opportunity for resolution has come and gone and all because of your mouth (via emails, PM's and complaints). You can either stop while your ahead, or continue to make threats of which then you'll have to deal with MY style of resolution for which there will be NO pleasant end. Peace and happy flying." (Eric Hurd)
Aug 31, 2009, 12:19 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Registered User
TRat's Avatar
...not sure how UPS melted the leads on the ESC, but I hope they make it right.
Last edited by TRat; Aug 31, 2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fairness
Aug 31, 2009, 01:21 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Registered User
TacoChuck's Avatar
Before jumping on the other person and name calling, it always helps to get a more full story. It really doesn't help these two folks get things worked out to name call, it just leads to people getting defensive which is not helpful. Please note the original poster, the buyer in this case, was pretty calm and straight forward about what he was unhappy with and didn't do any name calling, no threats, no personal attacks. He is just using the only "resolution process" that exists here on rcg, a trader talk thread about it.

I pm'ed the other party with the link to this thread so hopefully they can get it worked out.

The other guy has a good trader rating here, so lets give him a chance to see the issues and let the buyer know what is going on with how he plans to resolve them.
Aug 31, 2009, 01:57 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Registered User
TRat's Avatar
...edited last post. I will not post my opinion in these threads anymore. I hope eveyone receives a warm and fluffy ending to this misunderstanding.
Aug 31, 2009, 03:21 PM
Trader Rating: 42
Software always has bugs
Thread OP
Eric is not a bad guy because he shipped the helicopter very fast, and he even ordered extra links for me at his own cost and shipped it to me. Please no name calling, and I do not want anyone to get hurt. I invited (by PMs, emails) Eric to join my post, so he can tell us his story side. As long as we both happy (seller and buyer), I'll eidt my post and removed them. That's a reason why I want to get the public's opinion, and not yet given Eric a negative feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChuck
Before jumping on the other person and name calling, it always helps to get a more full story. It really doesn't help these two folks get things worked out to name call, it just leads to people getting defensive which is not helpful. Please note the original poster, the buyer in this case, was pretty calm and straight forward about what he was unhappy with and didn't do any name calling, no threats, no personal attacks. He is just using the only "resolution process" that exists here on rcg, a trader talk thread about it.

I pm'ed the other party with the link to this thread so hopefully they can get it worked out.

The other guy has a good trader rating here, so lets give him a chance to see the issues and let the buyer know what is going on with how he plans to resolve them.
Aug 31, 2009, 10:05 PM
Trader Rating: 41
Registered User
missle's Avatar
It's amazing how things are twisted when told by different folks. I'm not going to dignify this with a bunch of responses so this will be my one and only.

First, it does appear that the tail was damaged during shipping because you can see in the original pics that it was solid as the day it was made. Yes the buyer did PM me of which I responded with my dissapointment and frustration with the carrier service. I told him to file a claim and that I would check on my end as to what would need to occur to process a claim.
The problem came in that I recieved more than 5 pm's, emails and he even started highjacking my threads on several forums because I had'nt responded to his PM's in time (were talking a 2-4 day time frame). I again explained to him that I was waiting for directions from the carrier but at this time I was extremely dissapointed in his actions (as well as embarrased).
At this point, the situation became ugly because I recieved threats and crazy accusations and that the gyro didn't work and that this didn't work, that the bearings weren't perfect, of which I know the stuff worked as I've got vid of it flying just as powerful as any 500 out there. More important, it was a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR heli with ALL electronics. I was actually asking > $600 which would've included the Trex 500 parts and bats and I would've taken time to ensure every part was good as a $600 heli should be. I even told this purchaser NO at one point because his available funds would not be able to cover the cost but he pleaded that it was "for the kids" so I did it out of the goodness of my heart.
Then I recieved notice from PP that the purchaser had filed a claim against this deal so I responded with two things: First was that I would gladly return all funds for the heli if the purchaser could return the heli and the HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF SPARES. Second, i told the purchaser to not contact me directly as this matter was being settled by PP.
Needless to say, PP declined the claim because it in no way was warranted! I simply refuse to deal with the purchaser because I sold him what was a diamond to me, and he challenged my integrity before simply asking for his money back.
Peace and happy flying.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 02:02 AM
PittJitsu
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive Content (Violent). It is temporarily hidden while PittJitsu edits it.
Sep 01, 2009, 05:45 AM
Trader Rating: 90
Mt. Dora, Florida
mtdoramike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by missle
It's amazing how things are twisted when told by different folks. I'm not going to dignify this with a bunch of responses so this will be my one and only.

First, it does appear that the tail was damaged during shipping because you can see in the original pics that it was solid as the day it was made. Yes the buyer did PM me of which I responded with my dissapointment and frustration with the carrier service. I told him to file a claim and that I would check on my end as to what would need to occur to process a claim.
The problem came in that I recieved more than 5 pm's, emails and he even started highjacking my threads on several forums because I had'nt responded to his PM's in time (were talking a 2-4 day time frame). I again explained to him that I was waiting for directions from the carrier but at this time I was extremely dissapointed in his actions (as well as embarrased).
At this point, the situation became ugly because I recieved threats and crazy accusations and that the gyro didn't work and that this didn't work, that the bearings weren't perfect, of which I know the stuff worked as I've got vid of it flying just as powerful as any 500 out there. More important, it was a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR heli with ALL electronics. I was actually asking > $600 which would've included the Trex 500 parts and bats and I would've taken time to ensure every part was good as a $600 heli should be. I even told this purchaser NO at one point because his available funds would not be able to cover the cost but he pleaded that it was "for the kids" so I did it out of the goodness of my heart.
Then I recieved notice from PP that the purchaser had filed a claim against this deal so I responded with two things: First was that I would gladly return all funds for the heli if the purchaser could return the heli and the HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF SPARES. Second, i told the purchaser to not contact me directly as this matter was being settled by PP.
Needless to say, PP declined the claim because it in no way was warranted! I simply refuse to deal with the purchaser because I sold him what was a diamond to me, and he challenged my integrity before simply asking for his money back.
Peace and happy flying.

If you don't want you integrity challenged then REFUND HIS MONEY and stop looking for excuses. This is a simple solution. You have to file the insurance claim if in fact the heli was in prestine condition as you claim not the buyer.

If it were me, I would issue a full refund and then wait on the insurace claim. That is if I sent a working and good condition heli.

I hope the buyer learns from this and buys new from here forward especially when it comes to heli's. Heli's don't fare well when being resold.

WOW, upon checking, you have 33 positive transactions on here. Do you really want to sell your valuable reputation and "INTEGRITY" for $300.00??
Sep 01, 2009, 10:19 AM
Trader Rating: 42
Software always has bugs
Thread OP
Eric,

I'm trying not to call or name you, but you, and yourself, are now revealed your real personality - a dishonest person. This forced me to bring up your emails to the public to show everyone what you told me in your emails, and what you sent to me. These emails are just cut-and-paste, so I’m not twisting anything. You answer my PM and emails almost instantly or on the next day until you got my money. Actually, the money was not mine totally. It was donated from the parents of the kids at school and neighborhood, and I covered the rest. Before sending email/PM to you or receiving email/PM from you, I always BB to the kids’ parents and myself, so I kept the record of them all.

Jul 24, 2009, 08:00 AM

Yes $305 and it'll be on its way today to you & the kids. Thanks Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDV
Eric,

Okay, I want to see the kid's happy face tomorrow. $305 pp right? LMK, so I can send fund tonight.

Regards,

Minhtuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by missle
Now that's just not fare Okay and it's for the kids but since i'm stuck with PP fees, can you kick in $5 for shipping (i'm guessing it'll be about $12-15 for shipping/insurance). If that works for you, PP is [email protected]. I'll ship tomorrow afternoon cause I had ordered a new set of ball links (I always replace bearings and links when I sell a heli just for good faith and perfect flying) and they should be here in the morning. If they aren't here, I'll just ship the heli and send the links when they do arrive. Eric


Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:54 AM
Wow that was a good deal but i must point out some significant differences
1. Yours will have a 401 with a 9254 (much higher quality/speed/holding power)
2. Although the HS-85 servos are decent (i had them on one of my earlier 500), they cant come close to the digital 510s
3. Plastic swash vs metal
4. I didnt notice any mention of whether or not that had the stock 94t main gear, but yours will come with two 130T main gears as well as a 140t.
I could go on and on, but the point being that your heli has the REAL power equipment in and with it. Not sure what your looking for in regard to power and quality, but this one is definately not a lower end version. Hows about $300 for the heli and spares and believe that price is only cause your geting it for the kids. As you know, the used 401 & 9254 gyro/servo combinations are selling USED for $150.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Minhtuan Vo wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for sending me pictures of your HDX-500 helicopter. Would you please set the starting point? My brother got one on Runryder.com at a very good price. Here is the quote from the seller. I'll forward the pictures of his HDX-500SE to you as well. Do you take Paypal? Please let me know ASAP before we get a clone Trex-500 on Hobby city. Thank you.

Regards,

Minhtuan
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:33 PM
Here's some pics of my HDX 500 with the extras. As you can see, not only is it a RTF but there's enough hardware to build at least one more (minus the two side frames). In addition to what's in the pics, I've also got the motor that comes with the HDX (but it's not been used so it's actually still new). Please think what a "decent" price would be you and we can negotiate from there. In addition, I'll throw in the Outrage packs for another $175 (that's less than $60 each for bats that cost $180 EACH). Also, except for the bats, I've got no interest in seperating cause if I keep any parts I'll end up rebuilding another one. So please make you offer based on getting all the extra's as well as a top of the line electronics (well the 401 with 9254 used to be top of the line). Thanks and let me know cause I plan to post for sale later this week if you chose not to get it.

Thanks Eric


Quote:
Originally Posted by missle
It's amazing how things are twisted when told by different folks. I'm not going to dignify this with a bunch of responses so this will be my one and only.

First, it does appear that the tail was damaged during shipping because you can see in the original pics that it was solid as the day it was made. Yes the buyer did PM me of which I responded with my dissapointment and frustration with the carrier service. I told him to file a claim and that I would check on my end as to what would need to occur to process a claim.
The problem came in that I recieved more than 5 pm's, emails and he even started highjacking my threads on several forums because I had'nt responded to his PM's in time (were talking a 2-4 day time frame). I again explained to him that I was waiting for directions from the carrier but at this time I was extremely dissapointed in his actions (as well as embarrased).
At this point, the situation became ugly because I recieved threats and crazy accusations and that the gyro didn't work and that this didn't work, that the bearings weren't perfect, of which I know the stuff worked as I've got vid of it flying just as powerful as any 500 out there. More important, it was a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR heli with ALL electronics. I was actually asking > $600 which would've included the Trex 500 parts and bats and I would've taken time to ensure every part was good as a $600 heli should be. I even told this purchaser NO at one point because his available funds would not be able to cover the cost but he pleaded that it was "for the kids" so I did it out of the goodness of my heart.
Then I recieved notice from PP that the purchaser had filed a claim against this deal so I responded with two things: First was that I would gladly return all funds for the heli if the purchaser could return the heli and the HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF SPARES. Second, i told the purchaser to not contact me directly as this matter was being settled by PP.
Needless to say, PP declined the claim because it in no way was warranted! I simply refuse to deal with the purchaser because I sold him what was a diamond to me, and he challenged my integrity before simply asking for his money back.
Peace and happy flying.
Sep 01, 2009, 10:31 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Registered User
I think a refund should be offered. The bent tail is from shipping damage which is the sellers fault for not packing well enough. The box looks to be in decent shape which suggests that the helicopter might not have been secured from moving back and forth in the box.
Sep 01, 2009, 10:58 AM
Trader Rating: 17
Registered User
lazer155's Avatar
At least give a refund and have him take his heli back. If he gave a refund I would give him positive feedback but a refund would be the only way he could get positive feedback now.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion please help name this part and what its for. rmasu Electric Heli Talk 4 Apr 06, 2006 04:11 PM
Please, help identifiying this battery... toxair Batteries and Chargers 3 Nov 02, 2004 04:56 AM
Question Please help identify this 2M nm5s Sailplane Talk 1 Jun 04, 2003 02:07 AM
Help me Decide what I should do with Hobby-Lobby order... SmoothSL Electric Plane Talk 7 Oct 22, 2002 09:46 PM