Aug 30, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Trying to find Nitro flying area in Ogden Depot, Weber county, Utah

I'm new here and heard that nitro flyinig is available around the Ogden Depot area off 12th street in Weber county Utah. Can anyone help me with specific locations and sites there?

thanks,
john
Last edited by jjstick; Aug 31, 2009 at 05:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2009, 03:23 AM
That is the nercac flying field. It is about 10 or so miles west on 12th street on the south side of the road. There is a sign at the road. Hope u can find it. Its a realy nice field.
Dec 14, 2009, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info derwood, however I posted my request back in Aug and found NURCAC in Sept 2009 and joined the club along with AMA... for the insurance. anyway I see you are new to rcgroups as of Dec 2009, so even tho your reply was late for me thanks for the effort... happy holidays
-john
Sep 05, 2013, 07:14 AM

Help! Trying to find Nitro flying area in Ogden Depot, Weber county, Utah

Hey
I am just shifted to Ogden and via this post got to know about the flying area in Odgen it really great but before going there i want to know about the experiences of the other peoples , so anyone has visited there kindly share his/her experience with me.
Ogden UT Locksmith
Nov 08, 2013, 01:20 AM
More Combat Please!
Personally, I think they have one of the nicest airstrips in the state, second only to St. George. They have two flight lines actually, and a really nice club house for recharging and getting out of the weather. I wish there were a field that nice in Salt Lake or Provo, Ogden is too far away for me.

I've flown there twice, and one time a guy stood out on the pavement and was hovering a giant IMAC plane over the runway, which caused a big stir in the club. Evidently some guys really HATE it when you do that, and they ended up getting in a big fight over it - nearly came to blows even. Haha. Ah, club politics. Really takes the fun out of it.

Quick Reply