If it's not one thing, it's another... - RC Groups
Aug 30, 2009, 10:37 AM
"Hobby Apparatus" Flyer
Discussion

If it's not one thing, it's another...

Due to the onset of shortening daylight, I finally did the research (thanks, night flyer forum!) and soldered some LEDs on my most stable platform, a 36" combat wing. A bit of backstory--the wife and I are staying the summer with my parents, helping them get a horse boarding business off the ground (building a barn, helping with cleaning and grooming and riding etc) and the nights have just gotten so hectic with chores that I finally got real tired of trying to fit everything in plus a bit of flying. So last night, there I was, soldering my heart out, ever aware that the sun was setting as my normal flight time was drawing to a close. No matter, thought I! I'll be doing Night flying! Ha HA!

Finally at about 8:30pm I was ready. Everything is fully charged, plane is glowing, Tx is synced, so I open the front door and it's a downpour. I'm talking biblical. "Son-of-a-!"

I was not about to be stopped though, so I tossed the wing up anyway! I flew two circuits of my front yard before landing and coming back inside, drenched. Bottom line--I got my first taste of night flight, and I can't wait until tonight! Also, I need more LEDs.

Cheers~
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2009, 07:44 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Now thats dedication! LOL

Pics???
Sep 05, 2009, 10:40 PM
"Hobby Apparatus" Flyer
Eh, not yet as there's not much to look at. Once I add about 6 more LEDs then I'll psot pics.