Jan 25, 2011, 10:12 PM
Out the Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujiber
Nah, go to hobbypartz to get it. It's more than $10 cheaper ($14.29), free shipping to US, and you can use the 10% coupon (HPZ10) on top of that as well. Also, if you click through extrabucks, you can get an extra 2% cashback on any purchases you make there.

Less than $13 for a 6ch sim tx shipped to your door. Might as well buy a few and give them away to your friends and neighbours!

Oh, I'm in no way affiliated with Hobbypartz, just a satisfied customer.
I have a 4 channel Esky that has worked great for me with FMS and RC DeskPilot. The 6 channel looks interesting for $13! Have you found much use for the extra 2 channels? The reason I as is I have a couple of nice 6 channel computer radios and I have only used 4 of the channels. Still trying to learn to use the 4...but for $13 maybe I can learn something else without picking up the foam pieces!

I agree Hobbypartz is a good supplier...good prices and people seem to be happy with the quality of their equipment.

Ray
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flyin'
I have a 4 channel Esky that has worked great for me with FMS and RC DeskPilot. The 6 channel looks interesting for $13! Have you found much use for the extra 2 channels? The reason I as is I have a couple of nice 6 channel computer radios and I have only used 4 of the channels. Still trying to learn to use the 4...but for $13 maybe I can learn something else without picking up the foam pieces!

I agree Hobbypartz is a good supplier...good prices and people seem to be happy with the quality of their equipment.

Ray
Hi Ray, I originally got the 4ch esky one from dealextreme for $20 before. It served me well, but I wanted an extra channel for landing gear for planes, or throttle hold for helis. I'd like to try flying with flaps too, so the extra chanel should be good for that. It also has an extra switch on the top right for built in elevon/vtail mixing. The 6ch is cheaper than the 4ch, so why not.

I got cables to hook up my real tx to the computer as well, but not having to mess around with batteries is worth the few extra bux for me.
Jan 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
I didn't know they didn't use batteries. I am going to buy a couple next month...
Jan 26, 2011, 01:10 AM
Yeah, they're powered through the USB cable, just like your mouse or any other joystick or game pad. So no need for batteries.
Jan 26, 2011, 04:42 AM

B-2

Another great gem from GPW. This is a must for every scratch builder. It seams also a great slope soarer.

Here is the build log with lot of info (technical and aerodynamics).

I built it with coroplast and flies superb.

On the model for the simulator I added colored bottom tips to increase visibility and avoid disorienting (top/bottom).

Happy flying you all.

Franky

B-2 by Frankyfly for RCDP simulator..wmv (1 min 10 sec)
Jan 26, 2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
I didn't know they didn't use batteries. I am going to buy a couple next month...
Hi Tymb, mine doesn't use batteries. Just plug it into puter USB port and you go.

Franky
Jan 26, 2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Deuce, try reversing the throttle control in the game control panel in XP or in the control setting window of RCDP.
I'm using the DYNAM USB Tx and it's working fine for me. I never had any problem with the setup.

Franky
Franky Thanks

That's what I'm using for a controller ...either way with the controller plug in or not the plane will be at full throttle and crash off the end of the runway... don't know what to do??

Thanks

Deuce
Jan 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce66
Franky Thanks

That's what I'm using for a controller ...either way with the controller plug in or not the plane will be at full throttle and crash off the end of the runway... don't know what to do??

Thanks

Deuce
Duece 66,

I use an ESky controller plugged into one of my USB ports. Every once in a while, the Cessna, on start-up, will speed off down the runway. The solution of me is to back out, unplug from the USB port, wait 20-30 seconds, and then plug in again. The basic program should be up and running when you plug in the second time. You may have to repeat several times, but it always works for me. I think it may indicate that my USB port isn't providing a consistent amount of juice to the controller (like my technical explanation?)

JerseyJohn
Jan 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks Jersey,

I'll give that a try...
Jan 26, 2011, 11:21 PM
jobog
I'm using the Dynam controller and while it works very well I have to recalibrate it every time I start up the program. Is this normal? Do the rest of you out there have to do this? Also, some of the planes just do ground loops and will never get in the air.

Joe
Jan 28, 2011, 07:39 AM
London Ontario Canada
Me got problems too... (heck, what's new huh?). Am using an old Futaba 4 channel AM tx that I had converted for FMS... It does work, but am having a heck of a time setting the right controls, ie. throttle left sitck along with rudder, right stick, ailerons and elevator... At times, I seem to have the right stick programmed right, but have problems with the left stick... And, the airplanes don't fly, just skitter around in circles on the ground...
Calibration was done, cept I couldn't find a "Button" on my tx that yer supposed to push after calibrating each channel....
Hey, any of you guys help an old dumb F***?????
I also would like to see more profile 3D airplanes, since that's what I fly indoor over the winter....
Jan 28, 2011, 07:51 AM
Art, don't worr about the button to push. Go into menu controls on the game and set up your channels. The won't be the same as "for real". on the control menu wiggle the aileron stick. see what it does on the sliders on the side. pick that one for the aileron control. If it goes backwards then click the button for reverse.
Jan 28, 2011, 07:52 AM
London Ontario Canada
Here's my tx
Jan 28, 2011, 08:23 AM
I had problems with mine too. I had to calibrate it in Windows to make it work first before I calibrated it in the Sim. Now works fine every time I use it.
Jan 28, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlane
Me got problems too... (heck, what's new huh?). Am using an old Futaba 4 channel AM tx that I had converted for FMS... It does work, but am having a heck of a time setting the right controls, ie. throttle left sitck along with rudder, right stick, ailerons and elevator... At times, I seem to have the right stick programmed right, but have problems with the left stick... And, the airplanes don't fly, just skitter around in circles on the ground...
Calibration was done, cept I couldn't find a "Button" on my tx that yer supposed to push after calibrating each channel....
Hey, any of you guys help an old dumb F***?????
I also would like to see more profile 3D airplanes, since that's what I fly indoor over the winter....
There should be a next button you can push with your mouse instead of pushing a button on the tx.