Oct 27, 2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon15
Hi all!

I can't figure how to get my Tx(JR 6102) to work through the audio port. It seems to be working from the RCaudio(PPM Thermometer), but doesn't work with the sim....what version of PPJoy do you use for Windows7 or does it matter?

Any help will be appreciated and I'm looking forward to trying this Sim out ASAP!
I used this method for a while and needed to read the instructions quite carefully to get it working. The sim wasn't the issue. Assigning channels and calibratng etc in xp was very confusing and i never did get proper calibration.
I gave up and went to USB/interface from Mile High Wings. Not cheap, but very easy to use and set up with their software. The USB dongle has an interface that can talk to lots of different tx's and esc's. Just need to buy the right cable from them. They made it pretty easy on their website.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2010, 04:01 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman
Not quite. Eves and I plan to post when the new release of the sim is published which Davy is aiming to do by the end of the month. We'll be posting several Radians..
im so ready for that man!
Oct 27, 2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor
looks alot like the Arttech controller i have and it works fine . that one will to then you have a switch for flaps
Good deal. Guess I'll be ordering this one, then!
Oct 27, 2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman
I used this method for a while and needed to read the instructions quite carefully to get it working. The sim wasn't the issue. Assigning channels and calibratng etc in xp was very confusing and i never did get proper calibration.
I gave up and went to USB/interface from Mile High Wings. Not cheap, but very easy to use and set up with their software. The USB dongle has an interface that can talk to lots of different tx's and esc's. Just need to buy the right cable from them. They made it pretty easy on their website.
Thanks for the info...I finally got it working today. I am planning on getting a USB dongle later though.....
Oct 31, 2010, 01:53 PM

Version 0.1.3 is available!

Hi everybody,
After 2 betas and a testversion, it is finally finished: RCDP version 0.1.3 is available for download on the RCDP website.

Compared with the last beta:
  • dramatically improved wind/thermal model
  • improved flight model
  • a user manual
  • updated editor (+manual) to support the new flight model
  • a few extra versions of the included aircraft

Thanks everyone for your support and plane-building. A big thank you to the two RCGroups members Metman and Eves. Their behind the scenes expertise and support improved the quality of the sim significantly!

PS. best to uninstall previous versions of the sim (or clear the aircraft subfolder in the installation folder) since some filenames have changed.

Happy flying!
Davy

R/C Desk Pilot 0.1.3 (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by GeneralFailure; Oct 31, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added the PS.
Oct 31, 2010, 02:19 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
Awesome!!!!! I downloaded it but i'll mess around with it a little more tonight.

j3tman,
Oct 31, 2010, 02:26 PM
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
Awesome!!!!! I downloaded it but i'll mess around with it a little more tonight.

j3tman,
looks good
Oct 31, 2010, 04:19 PM
Just wonderful. I've been checking every day for the new download and today was the day! Been playing with all the features for the last hour or so.

Terrific job, Davy!!

JerseyJohn
Oct 31, 2010, 04:48 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
So is going to be it for beta versions or will you keep making them with new things and stuff?

j3tman,
Oct 31, 2010, 07:50 PM

Parkzone Radians

I first started this sim model because I've always been fond of gliders and I had a chance to work with a knowledgeable person (metman) who could teach me a thing ot two.

Together with Metman (a Rad owner), we created our first Radian model for RCDP. I was so enchanted by it, I had to go buy the real thing. The first Rad turned out so well, we decided to do another... and another. News of the Pro was out, so we did that one too. Not owning a Pro, but knowing how the original Rad flew, we took an educated guess at setting the Pro's flight characteristics. It will be interesting to see how close we got.

Many thanks go out to Davy, who gave us several pointers along the way and let us test the Rad/s on his latest flight model.

If you enjoy these planes (or not) and wish to comment with some constructive criticism, please feel free. I learned a lot about flight physics from making these planes and I'll be updating my other planes for the new RCDP FM2 (filght model 2) in the near future.

Here they are... (along with my usual funky artwork) the 4 Rads! One for every occasion.

Important: These planes will only work with the latest version of RCDP 0.1.3. (See five posts before this one.)
Last edited by Eves; Nov 01, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Oct 31, 2010, 08:06 PM
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves
I first started this sim model because I've always been fond of gliders and I had a chance to work with a knowledgeable person (metman) who could teach me a thing ot two.

Together with Metman (a Rad owner), we created our first Radian model for RCDP. I was so enchanted by it, I had to go buy the real thing. The first Rad turned out so well, we decided to do another... and another. News of the Pro was out, so we did that one too. Not owning a Pro, but knowing how the original Rad flew, we took an educated guess at setting the Pro's flight characteristics. It will be interesting to see how close we got.

Many thanks go out to Davy, who gave us several pointers along the way and let us test the Rad/s on his latest flight model.

If you enjoy these planes (or not) and wish to comment with some constructive criticism, please feel free. I learned a lot about flight physics from making these planes and I'll be updating my other planes for the new RCDP FM2 (filght model 2) in the near future.

Here they are... (along with my usual funky artwork) the 4 Rads! One for every occasion.
yes I've been waiting for this for a while now!

YOU GOTTA LOVE RC DESK PILOT!

its the probrably the best free RC SIM.
I always thought FMS was the best, now this is even better

ONE REQUEST PLEASE!:

can you make the next version so that you can change the keyboard controls to anything you want?

thanks
Nov 01, 2010, 07:20 AM
I ain't afraid of no highs
cool!
good job!
downloading...

thanks for the release of the new version and the radians. (I'll try it in a few moments)

Edit: they fly great
Last edited by pilottube; Nov 08, 2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: I tried the planes!
Nov 01, 2010, 08:43 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
I'm just getting into this thread. I have several models (in Blender) on my desktop right now. Can anyone provide guidance for how to take these models and get them into this sim?
Nov 01, 2010, 12:23 PM

Radians - Hurrah!!

Downloaded the new version and the Radians - what fun! Minor problem - I like to fly with what was called the "Spot" view in earlier versions. When I select that mode of viewing, it isn't held for the entire flight. like I said - minor problem.
Nov 01, 2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
So is going to be it for beta versions or will you keep making them with new things and stuff?

j3tman,
I'll keep making betas for new stuff, but it will take some time for the next one since it's a lot of work for what I've got in mind next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xptical
I'm just getting into this thread. I have several models (in Blender) on my desktop right now. Can anyone provide guidance for how to take these models and get them into this sim?
Welcome to the thread! It should be pretty simple. Export all parts that should move independently into Direct .x files. According to google that should be a standard option in Blender, if not, there is an exporter here. Make sure that you move the part to the origin before exporting with the origin in one point of the rotation axis of the component, or in the CoG for the "fixed" part (fuselage + wings). After that you can follow the tutorial in the aircraft editor manual included with the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Deck
Downloaded the new version and the Radians - what fun! Minor problem - I like to fly with what was called the "Spot" view in earlier versions. When I select that mode of viewing, it isn't held for the entire flight. like I said - minor problem.
The Radians are great! D*mn, I removed the "spot" view because I thought nobody was using it (the spinning was making people dizzy). I replaced it with a chase view that's fixed behind the aircraft. As you mentioned it's still part of the "cinematic camera". I'll try to reinstate it in future versions.

Cheers,
Davy

Quick Reply