GGunners one more great plane.
It seems to fly superb to me.

Keep going.

Franky
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2010, 05:22 PM

Trainer ONE and some vintage planes.

Here are my last models.

The trainer ONE and some vintage planes I got them from the PLAN PAGE.

More to came.

Franky

Jul 01, 2010, 09:53 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
Those are some good looking models, but might I ask why they are going to be your last.

j3tman,
Jul 01, 2010, 09:58 PM
Crashing in Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
Those are some good looking models, but might I ask why they are going to be your last.

j3tman,
I think he means "latest models" - I hope it's not the last!!

To all those who all doing these models - congratulations and thank you, you are doing a great job.
To Davy - congratulations and thank you for a great program and the ongoing development and support.
Jul 01, 2010, 10:42 PM
Franky, nice set again. The trainer one took a little tweaking of the elevator trim, yaw dampening and rudder, but I have it as I think a trainer should be. It will land hands off without power and will self right itself if high enough. Good slow turns even on full rates which is how I envisioned the real one.

The mosca fighter is cool, I had never heard of it.
Jul 02, 2010, 07:55 AM
Tymbrewolf, can you post your tweaks?

Franky,

Thanks again! It's only a matter of time before I build an I-16 ( I created skins for the printed profile foamies thread, would you like the source files to those to use for your sim model?). I came close to buying a balsa kit yesterday due to Manzano Lazer's 4th of July sale, but it didn't capture the Mosca look quite right.

Jul 02, 2010, 08:42 AM
Only the zip is renamed. If you add this it will replace your trainer one. Of course you can always download Franky's again. I don't know how to change it to a different version.
Jul 02, 2010, 08:47 AM
Cool thanks.
Jul 02, 2010, 09:15 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Here are my last models.The trainer ONE and some vintage planes I got them from the PLAN PAGE. More to came. Franky
Franky, you are an RCDP plane making machine.

One thing though, your direct x files are huge. Is there any way to reduce the polygon count before exporting your 3D model? I created a Trainer One a long time ago for FMS and the entire direct x file is only 259K. Your T1 fuse is 2,635K. Just a thought. People with less capable 3D video cards might appreciate the smaller file.

-- ggunners
Jul 02, 2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:

j3tman,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern
I think he means "latest models" - I hope it's not the last!!

To all those who all doing these models - congratulations and thank you, you are doing a great job.
Sorry !!! I meant the last for the day.
I'm having too much fun using the Davy sim coupled with SU, and more ......... a lot of good friends here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
Franky, you are an RCDP plane making machine.

One thing though, your direct x files are huge. Is there any way to reduce the polygon count before exporting your 3D model? I created a Trainer One a long time ago for FMS and the entire direct x file is only 259K. Your T1 fuse is 2,635K. Just a thought. People with less capable 3D video cards might appreciate the smaller file.

-- ggunners
GG, I noticed that, and I think it's due to the fact that when I design my planes they are not to scale.
Once finished they measure meters and over.
I always forget to reset the scale once I start to sketchup.

Well, I have two more planes for you, the ULTIMATE bipe and the Tymbre DISCUS.

J3tman I need your help to trim the ULTIMATE. It should be the plane for hovering. I'm not capable for that. That's too hard for me.

Tymbrewolf let me know if the DISCUS flies like the real.

Franky

Jul 02, 2010, 03:26 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
The ultimate bipe rocks it just what i was looking for, the only thing i did was gave it a little more power and some more elavator through, flys like a dream now. Thank so much!!!!!!

j3tman,
Jul 02, 2010, 05:14 PM

TANDEM WING BIPE "The Whatsit"

Quote:
The ultimate bipe rocks it just what i was looking for, the only thing i did was gave it a little more power and some more elavator through, flys like a dream now. Thank so much!!!!!!

j3tman,
J3t I'm happy you are having fun with it.

But I love more unconventional aircrafts.

It's a few days I was working on a TANDEM WING bipe, much more relaxing than the ultimate .

I found it here at the PLAN PAGE.

Franky

Jul 02, 2010, 09:28 PM
rudder 5.5 ticks
elevator 3.25 ticks
aileron moved down to make it at a tick mark left.

My daughter is named Tym. I have been tymbrewolf on a half dozen different forums for 20 years. This is a revamped model of mine into something very similar to aeronot's PiYak using a fuse made by rick.benjamin. Just wanting to give due credit. I told her her name was on a plane now. She was not as impressed as I.

Rudder should give it some yaw roll instead of flat spin and it shouldn't jerk/delay. Elevator and aileron I like. My settings still need work. But, it is great.

Franky, if you like unconventional planes. I have done a few RET planes with no dihedral that fly, turn roll, loop, about like a dart with a center hole. Idea from GPW's bullseye's. Here are links to a couple of mine

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1051014
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1177950
Last edited by tymbrewolf; Jul 02, 2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: nope still not quite right./ If you like odd planes
Jul 03, 2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
rudder 5.5 ticks
elevator 3.25 ticks
aileron moved down to make it at a tick mark left.

My daughter is named Tym. I have been tymbrewolf on a half dozen different forums for 20 years. This is a revamped model of mine into something very similar to aeronot's PiYak using a fuse made by rick.benjamin. Just wanting to give due credit. I told her her name was on a plane now. She was not as impressed as I.

Rudder should give it some yaw roll instead of flat spin and it shouldn't jerk/delay. Elevator and aileron I like. My settings still need work. But, it is great.

Franky, if you like unconventional planes. I have done a few RET planes with no dihedral that fly, turn roll, loop, about like a dart with a center hole. Idea from GPW's bullseye's. Here are links to a couple of mine

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1051014
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1177950
Tymb can you post the .par file once you trimmed it.

About unconventional/odd planes, I have a long list of design/plans on my hard disk.

The HOLY RET is on my list.

Franky
Jul 03, 2010, 05:03 AM

Techy question for Davy.

Hi Davy,

I'm not an engineer, but there is any way to convert Newton to Watts power.

We scratchbuilders are used to calculate the power applying the Watt per pound rule.

How thrust to weight is related in the sim.

Can you write down some lines explaining the LIFT & DRAG graph in simple words. Eves started posting a nice picture of the LIFT Coefficient.

Franky