Free sim R/C Desk Pilot up for download. - Page 33 - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2010, 10:31 AM

Latest Version

Davy,

As I stated to you in a PM several weeks ago, I am just amazed at your product. I've been following this thread every day, and couldn't be more pleased with how this sim is developing.

This latest beta just keeps getting better and better. The moving tractor, the sunset, the slope soarer are all great additions. How you do it is far beyond my comprehension!

I did download the WWI biplane and I have the right aileron floating free a few inches above the wing position where it should be located. I suppose that it's an easy fix, but not for me.

To all of you who are contributing to this sim; my personal thanks.

JerseyJohn
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2010, 11:04 AM

GPW BIPE the right file.

Jersey, discard the previous GPW BIPE file, I messed up with the trimming.

I reload for you the right one. it should fix the problem.

Having fun, aren't you ?

Franky
Jun 16, 2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly

Having fun, aren't you ?

Franky
Franky,

Thank you so much for the revised GPW BIPE file. Flies like a dream! You should try it on the Sunset backdrop; really impressive. Good thing that you told me to delete the earlier file. What I don't know about PC's would fill volumes!

Is it safe now to download your Zip file on the F-22? Gary Gunners already did one like that at my request, but you can never have too many choices.

JerseyJohn
Jun 16, 2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJohn
Franky,

Thank you so much for the revised GPW BIPE file. Flies like a dream! You should try it on the Sunset backdrop; really impressive. Good thing that you told me to delete the earlier file. What I don't know about PC's would fill volumes!

Is it safe now to download your Zip file on the F-22? Gary Gunners already did one like that at my request, but you can never have too many choices.

JerseyJohn

Jersy go ahead , it's a fun plane to fly.

Franky
Jun 16, 2010, 02:06 PM
Glad to see some of the free-plan foamies being ported to the sim. I bought an external controller for FMS just because of gunner's printed P-40 for the sim, which I had built in real-life.
Jun 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCowboy
Amazing work Davy.
[...]
awesome patch Davy keep up the great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJohn
Davy,

As I stated to you in a PM several weeks ago, I am just amazed at your product. I've been following this thread every day, and couldn't be more pleased with how this sim is developing.
[...]
To all of you who are contributing to this sim; my personal thanks.

JerseyJohn
Thank you both for taking the time to write these positive messages! Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly

Having fun, aren't you ?

Franky
You're really getting the hang of it, he! John is right, it flies great. I had plans for making a very simple 3D editor just to build foamies (where you could only cut parts from virtual foam boards). But your approach using Sketchup probably works a lot better!
Keep it up!
Davy
Jun 16, 2010, 04:48 PM

SIM addict ....

OK Davy I'm hookup.

Hi wait a minute not only foamies.........

This is the last one for today.

Time to bed here.

Franky

Jun 16, 2010, 06:33 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Glad to see some of the free-plan foamies being ported to the sim. I bought an external controller for FMS just because of gunner's printed P-40 for the sim, which I had built in real-life
So kadhlhaus, does that mean we need the printed P-40 over here too?

-- ggunners
Jun 16, 2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks in advance Franky.

Now if someone could incorporate my new self reversing dihedral wingtips on a RET model that would be perfect to help with orientation.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=87
Jun 17, 2010, 05:00 AM
Awsome plane's they fly good
Jun 17, 2010, 06:03 AM

SPORT STEALTH by GPW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindert
Awsome plane's they fly good
I'm glad you enjoy them.

Lind, try this one, believe it or not, the SS is the best flier for me.

Franky

Jun 17, 2010, 07:18 AM
The albatross is much fun now!!!

I flew it with storm settings. Wind surfing is always fun and with realistic gusts and down drafts it helps with windy landings..
Jun 17, 2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
So kadhlhaus, does that mean we need the printed P-40 over here too?

-- ggunners
You bet! That would be great.
Jun 17, 2010, 08:42 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
GF, I took a look at the new editor. Quite a few changes there. Thanks a bunch for adding them.

Now off to test and perhaps adjust every model I have made so far. New stuff I like and will test:
  • When working with landing gear and collision points, the point you select now gets larger in the editor. Great addition! Trying to find the point you were changing was very tough before.
  • Added a Center of Gravity (CG) adjustment. I've been using elevator adjustments so far and I will test removing the elevator effect and moving CG instead. Would moving the 3D model have some effect too?
  • Other additions adjustments to the flight physics
  • Wind is now awesome! If I crank it up, the micros disappear behind the pilot, while the heavier aircraft have a wonderful increase in speed on the downwind leg and a terrific floatiness on final approach for landings. One wind wish, can you have an option to randomize the gust direction say 30 degrees off the constant wind direction?
I will now try some editing on the existing models and let you know what I find.

-- ggunners
Jun 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
The albatross is much fun now!!!
Haha,

I can't dowload that file if i like to it in "My Downloads" the file is empty
Can anyonne send me that file ?

EDIT; It's downloaded let's fly !

Can someone make a sailplane (+- scale ?)

Greetz
Last edited by Lindert; Jun 17, 2010 at 01:42 PM.