Jun 14, 2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Eves, I did what you suggested with AUDACITY using the equalizer function but I don't like the sound so I mod the Davy's .wav file too.

BTW I used a "virtual" landing gear on the PAYEN, more realistic now.

Franky
Don't have much time, quick message: the trick to getting a good looping sound, is to make sure that the last samples match the first one. So you'll have to zoom in as much as possible. If the sound starts with an upward wave starting at zero, you'll have to crop the sound at the end after an upward wave ending at zero. Something like this:
Code:
   /\  /\
     \/  \/
It can also be useful to zoom out and look for secondary wave patterns, and try to match those.

or you can mod mine

BTW. I would welcome recordings of engines that I could use for the sim. I can loop them myself. Most useful are recordings at a stable RPM.

Thanks!
Davy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2010, 01:56 PM

I can't ROG .....

Eves, can you help me to set-up this BIPE.

It flies superb but I can't take-off .

Giving power it only turn ....turn ....and turn........

I don't why ????

Franky
Last edited by frankyfly; Jun 14, 2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I posted the wrong zipped file ....
Jun 14, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'll have a look see, but no promises.
I still have a lot to learn, understanding the physics settings, especially the graph settings.

EDIT: hmmm? it takes off ok for me.
The elevator and ailerons seem a bit sensitive (too much).

Can you describe more what's not right to you?
ROG? I don't know what that is. I'm an idiot when it comes to some of those terms.
Last edited by Eves; Jun 14, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Jun 14, 2010, 07:33 PM
ROG-- rise off ground In other words take off.
Jun 15, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you Eves.

I got it !!!!!

My Tx was out of trim.

I think the ALBATROSS is a grat flyer.

Franky
Jun 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
No Hangar Queens!
This is all fantastic. Can someone put together a tutorial on importing process? I'm very familiar with creating custom content for RealFlight and I would like to give this a shot. Its all very jumbled throughout this thread. PDF would be a great way for futures to get easy access.
Jun 15, 2010, 02:16 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Link to the PDF you get when you download the beta is here.

-- ggunners
Jun 15, 2010, 02:32 PM

Beta 2 of 0.1.3 is available

Hi everyone,
today I've released a new beta version (number 2 of 0.1.3 for who's counting).

You can read about it in detail here or just go to the beta download page.

Main changes in short:
  • new wind & thermals (thank you Metman!) -> slope soaring!
  • fixes to the editor for ultra micros (thank you ggunners!)
  • scenery improvements
  • you can put new aircraft in a My Documents subfolder preventing permission issues
  • bugfixes (eg. for low-spec machines)

For you planebuilders (you rock!): please read the 'add-on aircraft' section of the blogpost for a few changes you might have to make to the aircraft.

I hope you'll enjoy the improvements and am as always grateful for your feedback.

Cheers,
Davy
Jun 15, 2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the sim... Enjoyed the last beta, I want a sim for practice in windy conditions so the new weather is even better. Thanks again. I would like to see an acrobatic 3ch as well as a good tractor delta like the simple delta if someone is inclined to play with the editor...
Last edited by tymbrewolf; Jun 15, 2010 at 06:28 PM.
Jun 16, 2010, 06:16 AM

Testing new RCDP version ..

Davy, I'm just playing with the new version.

But there are a couple of things in the editor, that seems not working properly for me.

a) When I assign flaps to ailerons now I have them on ch2 of my Tx (usually the elevator).

b) and Once I adjusted for the prop position and the rotational axis, clicking on the low/high RPM the props disappears.

.............doing something wrong?

Franky
Jun 16, 2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Davy, I'm just playing with the new version.

But there are a couple of things in the editor, that seems not working properly for me.

a) When I assign flaps to ailerons now I have them on ch2 of my Tx (usually the elevator).

b) and Once I adjusted for the prop position and the rotational axis, clicking on the low/high RPM the props disappears.

.............doing something wrong?

Franky
Hi Franky, the new install has defaulted your controls, so you'll have to reconfigure them from within the sim. The editor uses the configuration of the sim. This should resolve both items.

Hope this helps,
Davy
Jun 16, 2010, 06:36 AM
Amazing work Davy.

scenery looks very very nice, the sunset is the best.

the gliders are sweet and the new slope area is going to be a popular thing in my eyes, for me it was an experiance trying to learn how to use the slope to keep the gliders airborne

spent around 5 mins re-setting my control, i find it best to always recheck once patching a sim.

you must make sim less addictive lol, i spend more time flying sim than i do my models.

awesome patch Davy keep up the great work
Jun 16, 2010, 07:51 AM

My fault ....

Davy, you are wright, it was my fault.

I de-installed the previous version and found I had all the controls reversed.

Give me half an hour, I have a new creature for all of you .

Franky
Jun 16, 2010, 07:57 AM
Franky, How about a simple delta and a smart dart

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post15329987

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post15329799
Jun 16, 2010, 10:00 AM

F - 22 Raptor

Hope you like this.

Hi Tymbre, I'm working on them, give me a couple of days and I'll post the files.

Franky

P.S.: The sound is not the right one for this kind of jet. We need something screaming here.