Free sim R/C Desk Pilot up for download. - Page 30 - RC Groups
May 29, 2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCowboy
wow that is very nice Davy.

is nice to see some more sliders to play with, i wacked up the wind on full and left gust to a slight touch, and had alotta fun with the gliders, this will be even better.

also is it possible when your towing a second press on the T key will enable cable release ?
Thanks, I updated the code to release the cable with T key, especially for you

Davy
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure
Thanks, I updated the code to release the cable with T key, especially for you

Davy
aww bless you.

i have found my local lhs does a spectrum 5E for under 50 here in uk so i think i will get that and loose the MSR/cub type handset so i can loose this gamepad and the none useable buttons lol
May 30, 2010, 01:17 PM

Modeling planes for RC Desk Pilot with Google SketchUp

Thank you very much GF.

We are moving fast.
A much better attempt.
As you can see I fixed the bug.

Franky

2nd TEST Flight.avi (0 min 22 sec)
May 30, 2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Thank you very much GF.

We are moving fast.
A much better attempt.
As you can see I fixed the bug.

Franky
That's starting to look pretty good Franky! Textures and all! Keep it up!
Davy
May 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
General

I'm working on a delta plane FireFly kinda.
How do you setup/mix the moving elevons ?

Franky
May 30, 2010, 04:00 PM
This is my last creature.

In the next few days I should be able to make this flyable.

Franky

P.S.: on screen the picture looks much better.
May 30, 2010, 06:11 PM

Two planes for the price of one.

The JW60 is normally used as a powerless dynamic soaring glider obtaining speeds over 200 mph.
Unable to achieve a DS environment from my lack of skills within the sim, I decided to add some power assist to the vehicles.
Here are two planes... one plane with a prop/motor was a given choice and the other idea of a pressurized air canister for a sudden energy burst is a fictitious experiment. Probably not too efficient in reality, but what the hell, all in fun.
I try to limit myself with a few seconds throttle burst and glide the rest of the way.

I think I covered my bases as far as creating working 3D objects this time, we'll see.

Davy, good news with the added weather settings, yes!!

If your doing requests Davy... How about an on/off key for the variometer sound?

frankyfly: Looking good so far. Glad you got SU working.
(EDIT) for evelons see next post

Cheers

(Edit) The jw60.zip has been edited. Changed a .png to a .jpg to reduce the file size and I adjusted the evelons to visually work better.
Last edited by Eves; Jul 14, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
May 30, 2010, 07:37 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Elevons are available, kinda, GF posted the secret a little earlier.

Check it out in the YardBird MiG-29. Set it up the same way.

You create an <empty> child to the main model and assign it to the elevator. Then you add the two elevons as children under the <empty> item as left-elevon and right-elevon. Make sure you move the <empty> item to where the elevons are located before adding the elevons or it will throw off the animation.

-- ggunners
May 30, 2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
Elevons are available, kinda, GF posted the secret a little earlier.

Check it out in the YardBird MiG-29. Set it up the same way.

You create an <empty> child to the main model and assign it to the elevator. Then you add the two elevons as children under the <empty> item as left-elevon and right-elevon. Make sure you move the <empty> item to where the elevons are located before adding the elevons or it will throw off the animation.

-- ggunners
Thanks ggunners, that works for me as a visual anyways.

I had dl'ed your yardbird, but got too busy making my own and forgot to install it. My head was in the clouds.
Very nice build, by the way.
May 30, 2010, 11:29 PM
Lover of 5 minute epoxy

Unbelievable work!

I started reading through this thread yesterday...and all I can say is this project is quite impressive. I need to order a USB adapter so I can use my Tx, but I'm a little curious about the helicopter model. Is it still overly stable, or would it still be a worthwhile learning tool? My dad wants to try out helis and I thought this might be a good first option.

Also, if you have any aero questions send me a PM or toss it up here, I went to school for aerspace engineering...I may not be able to answer questions quickly, but I can dig up some information and pull out some books and hopefully give you accurate info!

My R/C sim (and flying experience in general) is relatively low, but this looks like a great opportunity to learn some new stuff!
May 30, 2010, 11:42 PM
fly it crash it fix it
I got my dx7 tx working under ppjoy and smartpropoplus but it seems to not have all of the throws I can get with an xbox 360 controller. Does any body else have it worked out with a dx7 and is it getting full range?
May 31, 2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
This is my last creature.

In the next few days I should be able to make this flyable.

Franky

P.S.: on screen the picture looks much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves
The JW60 is normally used as a powerless dynamic soaring glider obtaining speeds over 200 mph.
Unable to achieve a DS environment from my lack of skills within the sim, I decided to add some power assist to the vehicles.
Here are two planes... one plane with a prop/motor was a given choice and the other idea of a pressurized air canister for a sudden energy burst is a fictitious experiment. Probably not too efficient in reality, but what the hell, all in fun.
I try to limit myself with a few seconds throttle burst and glide the rest of the way.

I think I covered my bases as far as creating working 3D objects this time, we'll see.

Davy, good news with the added weather settings, yes!!

If your doing requests Davy... How about an on/off key for the variometer sound?
Nice work there Franky and Eves! I love what you did with the airpressure exhaust effect, very creative!

I'll see what I can do about the variometer sound mute key . Gotta start working towards a release though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWolf86
I started reading through this thread yesterday...and all I can say is this project is quite impressive. I need to order a USB adapter so I can use my Tx, but I'm a little curious about the helicopter model. Is it still overly stable, or would it still be a worthwhile learning tool? My dad wants to try out helis and I thought this might be a good first option.

Also, if you have any aero questions send me a PM or toss it up here, I went to school for aerspace engineering...I may not be able to answer questions quickly, but I can dig up some information and pull out some books and hopefully give you accurate info!

My R/C sim (and flying experience in general) is relatively low, but this looks like a great opportunity to learn some new stuff!
Thanks AWolf! The problem is that I'm not a helicopter pilot myself and it's hard to visualize all the forces acting on a helicopter. So if you happen to have something VERY BASIC about helicopter aerodynamics I would be most grateful. From what I've heard the chopper in the sim flies more like a coaxial one and I wouldn't risk flying an expensive single rotor one after just RCDP experience. Once 0.1.3 is released (guessing within the next month), maybe I can put some time in improving the helicopter model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brihoo2k
I got my dx7 tx working under ppjoy and smartpropoplus but it seems to not have all of the throws I can get with an xbox 360 controller. Does any body else have it worked out with a dx7 and is it getting full range?
Just to make sure: have you tried calibrating it from within the Windows Control panel? (The next version will have a link to the CP joystick window where you can calibrate it).

Cheers,
Davy
Jun 01, 2010, 04:25 PM

Error Message ....

GF I was setting up the flight parameters using the MOMENTS of INERTIA button and I got an error message (see below).

Any clue why this happened ?

Franky
Jun 01, 2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
GF I was setting up the flight parameters using the MOMENTS of INERTIA button and I got an error message (see below).

Any clue why this happened ?

Franky
Not really . But I fixed it so it won't happen anyway in the next version. For now, if you press the "continue" button the program should just ... continue.
Cheers,
Davy
Jun 03, 2010, 11:06 AM

Ground taxi and take off....

Well I'm just over the hill of the learning curve I think.

Now comes the fun, but before, I have to fine tune the flight parameters of this model to learn some about the aero physics.

Franky

Google SketchUp & RC Desk Pilot. (2 min 10 sec)