Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 23, 2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves
I updated the "Mullicoupe".
Let's see if it works any better this time. Fingers crossed

Click here for Mullicoupe.zip

no need for crossed fingers, you have to thumbs up here. rolling is very comanding on stick but otherwise it is a lovely bird, looks very nice in the air and feels sweet. i have notice rudder may want some extra throws dialed in, i found it a little weak.

the cabin interior wicked job there looking just as it should if build from balsa

one more problem, aerlions placed so they overhang wing tip, looks like the wing had added flight tip feathers like a eagle.

it is a very nice flyer i had fun right from the start, loop the loop was easy but needed plenty of throttle command, rudder flying gives a very slow banking turn nice for training, roll's are hair raising in a dive and very nice. i love it !!
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves
I updated the "Mullicoupe".
Let's see if it works any better this time. Fingers crossed

Click here for Mullicoupe.zip

Waw! That's a gorgeous model! The 3D model is absolutely perfect! Love the paintjob and the prop.

I've made some slight modifications to the flightmodel that I've PM'd to you.

Keep up the excellent work!

Davy
May 23, 2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCowboy
...one more problem, aerlions placed so they overhang wing tip, looks like the wing had added flight tip feathers like a eagle....
oops, I just fixed the zip file.
I'm in a habit of making copies before I make changes, so the overhanging tips are from the "mullicoupe_copy.par" files. There were two copies, so just erase those and leave the one mullicoupe.par.

Thanks for the comments TamyiaCowboy. I'm still tweaking the flight parameters, so that will help.

I'm glad you like it. Cheers

Thanks again also to Davy

------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for the plane? The link to the attachment is flaky so go to the original post.
Last edited by Eves; May 23, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
May 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
fly it crash it fix it

help

I just tried the RC Desk Pilot model editor And got a error. Im running it on a laptop with windows 7 ultimated 32 bit. When I did exactly as the Aircraft Editor Manual had suggested I got the following error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Aircraft/trainer' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at bo.e(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute ()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at dz.a(Message& A_0)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RCSim.AircraftEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RC%20Desk%20Pilot/RCDPAircraftEditor.exe
Bonsai
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RC%20Desk%20Pilot/Bonsai.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.DirectX
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
Assembly Version: 1.0.2911.0
Win32 Version: 9.12.589.0000
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX/1.0.2911.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll
Microsoft.VisualC
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualC/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualC.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Last edited by flyn_brian; May 24, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
May 24, 2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brihoo2k
I just tried the RC Desk Pilot model editor And got a error. Im running it on a laptop with windows 7 ultimated 32 bit. When I did exactly as the Aircraft Editor Manual had suggested I got the following error
Hi, thanks for trying the editor.
The error is related to permissions and will (hopefully) be fixed in the next beta (which I'm working on atm). The workaround:
- run the editor as administrator (right click and "run as administrator")
- modify the permissions of the aircraft folder: browse to the RCDP installation folder (c:\program files\rc desk pilot). Right click on the aircraft folder, select properties, open the 'security' tab, click the 'modify...' button, select "Users" from the top list and check "Full control" in the bottom list.

Hope this helps,
Davy
May 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
fly it crash it fix it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure
Hi, thanks for trying the editor.
The error is related to permissions and will (hopefully) be fixed in the next beta (which I'm working on atm). The workaround:
- run the editor as administrator (right click and "run as administrator")
- modify the permissions of the aircraft folder: browse to the RCDP installation folder (c:\program files\rc desk pilot). Right click on the aircraft folder, select properties, open the 'security' tab, click the 'modify...' button, select "Users" from the top list and check "Full control" in the bottom list.

Hope this helps,
Davy
Thank you very much Yes it did help
May 27, 2010, 03:52 PM

Google sketchUp to DirectX converter plugins

Sorry guys if this is a dull question but I'm new to model SIM .

I played with RC desk pilot SIM and it looks really cool.

Is it possible to design models using Google Sketchup ?

I found a couple of plugins to export from SU into directx

THIS and THIS.

Can somebody give me some clue how to use the .x file with the RC desk pilot aircraft editor, I cannot open the directix file whit it.

Thank you

Franky
May 27, 2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfly
Sorry guys if this is a dull question but I'm new to model SIM .

I played with RC desk pilot SIM and it looks really cool.

Is it possible to design models using Google Sketchup ?

I found a couple of plugins to export from SU into directx

THIS and THIS.

Can somebody give me some clue how to use the .x file with the RC desk pilot aircraft editor, I cannot open the directix file whit it.

Thank you

Franky
I am not familiar with SU or those exporters. For a clue you might try opening the .x file with a text editor like notepad to view the contents. Compare the text to another .x file from RCdeskpilot.
Most of the .x files used in RCdeskpilot are asci based so you can see the file structure. The only unreadable file is the bird.x file which contains hex, for animation (I believe).

If your looking for a free 3D editor MetasequioaLE2.4 will "save as" in the .x format.
If you use vista or 7 meta2.4 says it does not support Vista, but it works fine for my vista...well mostly.
May 28, 2010, 05:06 AM

MINI TUTORIAL Google SketchUp & RC desk pilot SIM

Well I discovered some more TIPS using the RC Desk pilot editor.

To change the model view just press the F1 , F2 and F3 button on the keyboard.

Next challenge is to find the way to add the movable parts (rudder, ailerons, elevator etc.).

Franky
May 28, 2010, 05:24 AM

MINI TUTORIAL Google SketchUp & RC desk pilot SIM

Well almost done !!!

I added rudder & elevator.

Playing with them.

It should be done in the next few days.

Now I have to leave.

Franky
May 28, 2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Well I discovered some more TIPS using the RC Desk pilot editor.

To change the model view just press the F1 , F2 and F3 button on the keyboard.

Next challenge is to find the way to add the movable parts (rudder, ailerons, elevator etc.).

Franky
Thank you very much for your small tutorial Franky. I'm looking forward to seeing the end-result. Don't forget to look in the manual/tutorial included with the installation when you're stuck. It should explain everything.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback on the editor. I've made and will make some improvements to the sim and editor as a result of it. Also a thank you to ggunners and Eves for their excellent planes and ggunners' help fixing a problem with ultra micro models.

With the professional advice of Metman (another big thank you) I've also made some changes to the wind/thermal code that I hope the glider pilots will enjoy. With these changes thermals are a bit more realistic and slope soaring becomes an option. I've made a short video to demonstrate the latter. This will become available shortly when I've prepared another beta.

Have a great weekend!
Davy

Slope soaring - R/C Desk Pilot (0 min 53 sec)
May 29, 2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure
Thank you very much for your small tutorial Franky. I'm looking forward to seeing the end-result. Don't forget to look in the manual/tutorial included with the installation when you're stuck. It should explain everything.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback on the editor. I've made and will make some improvements to the sim and editor as a result of it. Also a thank you to ggunners and Eves for their excellent planes and ggunners' help fixing a problem with ultra micro models.

With the professional advice of Metman (another big thank you) I've also made some changes to the wind/thermal code that I hope the glider pilots will enjoy. With these changes thermals are a bit more realistic and slope soaring becomes an option. I've made a short video to demonstrate the latter. This will become available shortly when I've prepared another beta.

Have a great weekend!
Davy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myIRFY8Pag4
wow that is very nice Davy.

is nice to see some more sliders to play with, i wacked up the wind on full and left gust to a slight touch, and had alotta fun with the gliders, this will be even better.

also is it possible when your towing a second press on the T key will enable cable release ?
May 29, 2010, 12:17 PM
GeneralFailure , very nice option and video.

You are right, most of the tips are in the manual (for those who read manuals).
I'm a lazy man.

I tested the model not connecting my radio Tx to the PC.
As you can see on checking the TEST flight mark makes the model starts moving side way.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks.

Franky

TEST aircraft editor.avi (0 min 24 sec)
May 29, 2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
I tested the model not connecting my radio Tx to the PC.
As you can see on checking the TEST flight mark makes the model starts moving side way.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks.

Franky
Hi Franky, the problem is the obvious one: the mesh is rotated 90. Rotate the mesh in Google Sketchup 90 counterclockwise before exporting and it should be fine. In the editor your plane should point left after pressing F1.

Cheers,
Davy