Free sim R/C Desk Pilot up for download. - Page 131 - RC Groups
Mar 20, 2016, 02:39 PM
CA...gimme the CA...
I cant' get RC Desk Pilot nor BMI to work.

I have a dedicated PC with a clean copy of WinXP just for FMS...with .Net2.0 SP2 & DirectX9.0c. I get this error with both the RCDP & BMI sims.

I have granted all users full control over the RCDP folders (and subfolders), so it shouldn't be permissions.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2016, 10:56 AM
ddv
ddv
Great simulator, can't be beaten to that price :-) Nice it's possible to change the zoom. Is it possible there is a model of the Multiplex Twinstar II, somewhere?
Jul 19, 2016, 10:14 AM
Apologies if this has already been covered in this long thread, but I was able to get this running on my Mac and my linux machine without much trouble. In both cases, RCDP runs under "wine", a free windows emulator.
The steps, on a mac, were:
1) install wine:
brew install wine
2) download winetricks:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Wi...src/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks
3) use winetricks to install directx9 and dotnet20:
sh winetricks directx9
sh winetricks dotnet20
4) download RCDP
5) run the RCDP installer:
wine rcdeskpilot_013.exe