Aug 30, 2009, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
Also where can welders adhesive be found.
http://www.amazon.com/730624-4OZ-WEL...1634712&sr=8-1

I bought 2 tubes, although the ones sent to me are the silver colored tube type.

Challenger413
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2009, 08:33 AM
Whats the approx. AUW with thr recommended setup?
Steve
Aug 30, 2009, 08:47 AM
May the Farce be with you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
Also where can welders adhesive be found.
Joe, I bought a 4oz. tube at my local Lowe's. Don't remember what I paid for it though.

I can't wait for the rest of this build, Looking Good.

George
Aug 30, 2009, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif
Joe, I bought a 4oz. tube at my local Lowe's. Don't remember what I paid for it though.

I can't wait for the rest of this build, Looking Good.

George
Yea, Lowe's is the only place I've found it at for me...

Plane looks great! This may be a great winter project! Looking foward to seeing more details
Aug 30, 2009, 10:28 AM
Motorhead - as promised, here is a pic of the under fuselage strenghtner. Hope you can see it in picture.
Aug 30, 2009, 11:12 AM

Link to site?

Hey Mike ... unless I missed it there isn't a link to your site in this thread ... I know a lot of us already know where it is, but I am sure there are going to be some newbees out there.

Greg M
Aug 30, 2009, 12:15 PM
Refugee and Mattk0,

Thanks I was just heading there today to get rubber backed washers for 4-40 bolts for my 87" SHP. It's nice to see 3DHSers like this plane. Stoops told me in person he loves the smaller version.

Joe
Aug 30, 2009, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD1234
Motorhead - as promised, here is a pic of the under fuselage strenghtner. Hope you can see it in picture.
Looks like the front is vertical and then it has a quarter twist so the back is horizontal. I have not thought of this. I am assuming that it works well and that there is an opposite piece on the other side to counter the twist.
Mike
Aug 30, 2009, 01:08 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
Interesting. I just bought a grayson hobbies sukhoi and wasn't impressed with it. For a 32" plane it was really really floppy. Maybe they use bad foam...i'm not an EPP expert. I may give this one a try though...I'm a fan of 40" planes over the 32" class. I just can't imagine a plane of 42" made of EPP being rigid enough for crisp precise 3D flight.
Aug 30, 2009, 01:53 PM
Motorhead,

How do you think this will fly comnpared to a 38" DW Foamie Yak or Juka. The durability will be much better since its EPP but what about the flight characteristics. I like the KF airfoil.

Joe
Aug 30, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thread OP
I have yet to find anyone who does not like how the little one flies and this one flies the same. I do not know how it will do compared to the DW foamies. The main difference between this yak and others is the wing will not stall. That works great for aerobatic maneuvers unless they require a stalled wing.
On my workbench of projects is another 42" yak that will do the stalled maneuvers.
Mike
Aug 30, 2009, 02:58 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
I have yet to find anyone who does not like how the little one flies and this one flies the same. I do not know how it will do compared to the DW foamies. The main difference between this yak and others is the wing will not stall. That works great for aerobatic maneuvers unless they require a stalled wing.
On my workbench of projects is another 42" yak that will do the stalled maneuvers.
Mike

Then I may hold off on this one. What material will it be made from?
Aug 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
There are some videos of this one and the smaller one in post 1. You can see what it is capable of.
Mike
Aug 30, 2009, 07:05 PM
Are you going to adding plans for this 42" yak?
Aug 30, 2009, 07:14 PM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
The main difference between this yak and others is the wing will not stall.

That's going to provoke some interesting discussion, I'll wager.

Quick Reply