Sep 28, 2009, 05:03 PM

unique is in and p40 flight report

ok i just got the phone call that my unique is sitting on my desk at work so later i will be picking it up

now flight report the p40 warhawk by is awsome fast little bird also it looks so cool in the air. balancing was very easy the plane tracks real good i will have some video tommorow if its not windy
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2009, 05:43 PM
ferndale air force
I seem to have purchased a right handed dx6I for $95 with shipping.

I have a question that involves potential top speed. Say your pitch is 6 on a 3600kv motor. At 12v your top pitch speed would be 30mph. This howver does not include the thrust factor or the overall drag. How would you calculate the top speed?

Good to hear that your P-40 was happier. Mine has all kinds of goofy issues.

Fern

Cal, you asked for an inexpensive radio, and I hear you call. http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V469339
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Sep 28, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Sep 28, 2009, 06:22 PM

changing modes

tim here is a link that shows how to change modes in the program

http://www.max3design.com/soporte/RC...ode_change.htm
or download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11542309...ode_change.pdf
Sep 28, 2009, 07:08 PM
ferndale air force
It gets better. The guy bid me up, still Lost the auction and now wants to renege. "no reason given". I have another option that is slightly more expensive, and really would not mind having to work in the innards, but from the pics of the dx6i the innards are boring. The interior of an optic 6 is art.

I am taking votes, let him off or not? Had I discovered I screwed up and not done the searching to find the fix, would he have let me off?

Your vote counts

Fern
Sep 28, 2009, 07:23 PM
Vietnam Vet US NAVY

Baby Bam Bam Video is up on You Tube

I did my best this morning with a tripod, as a buddy was not available to shoot the vid. The plane is a bit far away, but you get the idea of how she flies. The entire flight was at half throttle, and it was a bit breezy. Half way through I almost clobber myself while doing a low altitude roll right at myself

Anyway, here it is:

Baby Bam Bam (8 min 33 sec)
Sep 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
Flying is Freedom
Terry, I live in Fairfax close to the beltway. That would put us about an hour apart. Maybe one day, but I regretfully say, it wouldn't happen often I generally don't travel more than 10 minutes to fly. I have several fields within 10 minutes of my house. With my son in Baseball and all his other activities and mine, I generally don't have alot of time to fly. That is why I got into alot of these small yard/park flyers.

NYflyer, actually, it isn't RTF, it is RR. Read the fine print. I figured it out when I didn't' see the radio in the pictures. So It is just a fair price, not really a great price.
Sep 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
Flying is Freedom
Oh yeh, I forgot to vote. Tim do not let him off the hook. I bet he had a friend bidding against you.

Cappy, that is awesome. Looks like she flies great!
Sep 28, 2009, 08:12 PM

vote

hell no wheelnut and i agree he probably had someone bid against you so i say don't let him off
Sep 28, 2009, 08:27 PM
ferndale air force
It gets better
Sep 28, 2009, 08:46 PM
ferndale air force
Dear =========

The reason I have to cancel the sale is because I sold this raido a week ago and the buyer said he didnt know it had European style control. Today I looked at the raido before shipping it and I found out he opened the raido and tryed to switch the controls. the item was changed from the way I sent it to him! So I called paypal back and had to appeal the case that was closed on the item. Now I have to send it to paypal. I am sorry but I cant sell it now.

- 951.bill
Sep 28, 2009, 08:49 PM
ferndale air force
Dear 9++++++++++l,

Sir, do you understand how shady this sounds? Supposed buyer one didn't realize it was mode 1. He sends it back. You then put it back up as NIB after inspection. Again with the mode 1 inf in small print even though you had been burned already by that.

Then suddenly, in the last minutes of the auction "some other dude" showed up and probably bid $99.99. See I checked at 1139, no traffic.

Sir, if you sold it last week, and sent it off and got it back in time for a 5 day auction that was timed for noon(this indicates planning) And suddenly realized that it would double in value, if you converteted it.

I think you are a crook. And I will proceed through the Ebay/paypal program to have you banned. I have 3 lies in front of me. I no no longer have any trust in you.
Last edited by FERNDALE AIR FOR; Sep 28, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Sep 28, 2009, 08:53 PM
Flying is Freedom
Bam Bam Bam Guilty as charged. Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200
Sep 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
ferndale air force
So all the documentation has been sent to E-bay. I lose out on the TX, but perhaps I have a hook up, and perhaps the hook up realizes that the tx is for Micros. And then I might get a T- shirt as well. When the guy went to opening the tx and damaging it I had to pull out. Lies or no, broken junk is just that.

Did I mention that I get to go and trash the twit?. He will change his screen name and cheat someone else.

I did fly the Pitts today with the tx using CPP batteries Very nice.

No answer on the potential speed of the Swift2.

Tim
Sep 29, 2009, 09:29 AM
ferndale air force
Here is something fun and different. http://blogs.static.mentalfloss.com/...ves/24763.html

Fern
Sep 29, 2009, 11:11 AM
Tim good luck getting that mess straightened out, hope you get the upper hand on the guy

great flight reports

been really busy, hope to be back in the swing of things soon

Ken need your help, I pulled the motor out of the magister, rear bearing came apart and made a mess,,,,, I went to our fav site and found this, is this the same as what I have or will it work OK, remember I am only running 3S and pulling about 35 amps on a 13X6 prop, of course I'm running a 3 blade right now but same same
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._1100Kv_/_770W
the motor I have has NO markings on it
Last edited by aj1202; Sep 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply