Calculator for pinion, head-speed, motor - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Aug 28, 2009, 06:06 AM
Registered abuser
Discussion

Calculator for pinion, head-speed, motor


I hope this pic uploads big enough to read.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2009, 01:26 PM
Still a n00b.
grnbrg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoid
I hope this pic uploads big enough to read.
Nice work.

School teacher?


grnbrg.
Aug 28, 2009, 06:34 PM
Registered abuser
Thanks. No, can't teach , just sharing my learnin'. lol
Last edited by skyzoid; Aug 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM.
Aug 28, 2009, 09:52 PM
Heli Bouncer
Looooeeee!'s Avatar
Great, I've figured this one out previously. What I really need is a power predictor for home made BL rewinds I've made for my Eflite Blade CP2, that does this and also has a airfoil profile lift to AoA plotter that calculates needed rpm/power (watts) to angle of attack for hover and climb.

Sort of a Motor Drive Calculator for helis

I guess this is asking for too much?

Thanks anyway it's a good, simple, calculation helper.
Aug 28, 2009, 09:58 PM
Registered User
lazer155's Avatar
nice work. Ive been looking for a way to find head speed and see what different sized pinions will have on it.
Aug 28, 2009, 10:01 PM
Registered abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee!
Great, I've figured this one out previously. What I really need is a power predictor for home made BL rewinds I've made for my Eflite Blade CP2, that does this and also has a airfoil profile lift to AoA plotter that calculates needed rpm/power (watts) to angle of attack for hover and climb.

Sort of a Motor Drive Calculator for helis

I guess this is asking for too much?

Thanks anyway it's a good, simple, calculation helper.
Not a problem. We'll get right on it. Uh...let's see now. E=mc to the ... uh. Ok.
I think I got it.

Calculate the Bending Stress and Shear Stress in a Screw Auger Due to Bending and Torsion
Link
Last edited by skyzoid; Aug 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Sep 05, 2009, 01:29 AM
Registered User
Bushido's Avatar
http://www.readyheli.com/Online_Head...lator_s/81.htm

Look here and enter your info for what you are requiring
Sep 16, 2009, 10:21 PM
Heli Bouncer
Looooeeee!'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
http://www.readyheli.com/Online_Head...lator_s/81.htm

Look here and enter your info for what you are requiring
Doesn't really calculate for smaller CP helis like the EFlite CP2.. No weight, no rotor diameter, no Lipoly mAh capacity, no calculation of lift for various types of blade airfoil shapes, ( I made my own semi flat bottomed blades with a Eppler 205 profile.) no length of blade, doesn't take into account small motors..

Kinda limited...
Sep 18, 2009, 10:31 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
wetwolf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee!
Doesn't really calculate for smaller CP helis like the EFlite CP2.. No weight, no rotor diameter, no Lipoly mAh capacity, no calculation of lift for various types of blade airfoil shapes, ( I made my own semi flat bottomed blades with a Eppler 205 profile.) no length of blade, doesn't take into account small motors..

Kinda limited...
try this

http://dhrc.rchomepage.com/calcAdvanced.htm

Da Wolf
May 09, 2015, 09:53 PM
Registered User

RC Heli Calc


This is exactly what you are looking for:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rc-h...987943017?mt=8


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Determining head speed or pinion size? mumblety-peg Electric Heli Talk 4 Sep 05, 2009 01:30 AM
Rotor head speed calculator BillH Electric Heli Talk 6 Aug 17, 2009 08:07 AM
Logo 20 questions, HV, head speed, motor Larry3215 Electric Heli Talk 3 Aug 24, 2004 05:19 PM
Which lipoly for a 400 speed motor ARCHER7153 Batteries and Chargers 4 Apr 28, 2004 09:37 AM
Head speed for ECO8 & eLMH Jon Andrews Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 30, 2002 04:10 PM