Sep 02, 2009, 09:19 AM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
On my 100CC sized electrics, I have to use a 24" extension from Rx to ESC. No issues so far.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrandle
Threshold, where do you get them from?
From a fishing shop, for course fish, ie carp etc they also have the best closed loop wire especially for smaller planes. Very fine and bendy so the rudder centers better.
Sep 04, 2009, 04:14 PM
What are going to be the recommended angles on the different control surfaces for high and low rates?
Sep 04, 2009, 04:34 PM
Very similar to 51" Slick throws.
Sep 04, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks.

Went and grabbed them from the Slick 51" manual.

Quote:
Ailerons: Low 15 degrees High 30 degrees
Elevator: Low 15 degrees High 45-50 degrees
Rudder: Low 30 degrees High As much as possible.

Use Exponential on all controls. We recommend starting with 25% on low rates and 70% on high rates. Adjust as needed to obtain the control feel you want.
Sep 04, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yep. I'm 15/35 on ailerons, as you can see on my video, 35 is just a wee bit much for me on high rate ailerons.
Sep 05, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm programming my Scorpion 120 Amp controller for the Slick to be used with 6s lipo 5000mah. What are the suggestions for:

1.Low Voltage Cutoff. I don't care about the batteries as much as the plane. I would like to still have enough power for my servos. (using a CCBEC off the main battery)

What should I set the voltage to for LVC. I can choose 5 volts to 23 volts in 0.5 volt increments. I have it currently set to 18.0 volts. That should be low enough to not hit LVC in a low hover. Is something else suggested?

2.What should I set my program cutoff type to? my options are:

A. Cut 50% maximum power.(Factory Setting)
B. No Cut (Just LED Warning)
C. Pulse Warning

3.Motor Start Booster (Not sure what this is Maybe how fast the power goes to the motor?)

A.Soft (factory setting)
B. Medium
C.Strong

4.Motor Acceleration Timing
A.0.15 seconds
B.0.3 Seconds (Factory Setting)
C.0.45 Seconds

Thanks For the info
Joe
Sep 05, 2009, 11:12 PM
I am UNIQUE!
What Motor will you be using Joe?

Mike
Sep 05, 2009, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam
What Motor will you be using Joe?

Mike
Reaper 60XL
Sep 05, 2009, 11:32 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Joe,

LVC of 16~17 Volts will effectively disable the LVC on 6s, that's what I'd use. I've highlighted my choices in RED. I program the cut off to just flash the LED, that way it never going to cut on me even if I forget to set my timer.

2.What should I set my program cutoff type to? my options are:

A. Cut 50% maximum power.(Factory Setting)
B. No Cut (Just LED Warning)
C. Pulse Warning

3.Motor Start Booster (This setting helps to get high pole count motors to start up i.e. reduces screeching)

A.Soft (factory setting)
B. Medium
C.Strong

4.Motor Acceleration Timing
A.0.15 seconds
B.0.3 Seconds (Factory Setting)
C.0.45 Seconds

Mike
Sep 06, 2009, 01:21 AM
Do you mount your LED so it can be seen from outside?
If there is no cut off is it possible that the lipo can get so drained that the power to the servos get eliminated? I had that happen once on a receiver 123 battery and would like to avoid that ever happening again.

Joe
Sep 06, 2009, 01:49 AM
I experimented with the settings on mine but haven't flown it yet (except a test flight on the helicopter).

What I did set it to was:

1. 15V LVC - I had it at 19V on an old FP battery in my Logo500 and it triggered LVC so decided to go lower since I would rather it not trigger.

2. Went with the pulse warning like on my Align ESC in my Edge540 and Trex450 but might set it to No Cut. Thought about mounting the LED up in the cockpit. I like pulse warnings on the T450 because it makes the tail twitch, which is easy to see. Usually never go into LVC except when a battery is going bad - fly by timer only.

3. Left starter boost at default but might try others. At first I thought this was only for the helicopter modes.

4. 0.15 seconds. Liked the faster response.
Sep 06, 2009, 09:42 AM
I am UNIQUE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
Do you mount your LED so it can be seen from outside?
If there is no cut off is it possible that the lipo can get so drained that the power to the servos get eliminated? I had that happen once on a receiver 123 battery and would like to avoid that ever happening again.

Joe
I leave the LED inside the fuselage and place it so that I can see it through the canopy. ALWAYS fly with a timed flight, if you land when the timer goes for you never need to worry about the LVC, the BEC will provide power to the Rx and servo's down to 7 Volts so running out of power should not be a problem .

Mike
Sep 06, 2009, 10:42 AM
Team 3DHS
Thread OP
Yep, mike is right. Since we're running 6S, the plane will quit flying loooong before you ever loose power to the servos.
Sep 06, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to like the programming remote control on the Scorpion. I set them as you recommended Mike.
Joe

Quick Reply