Dec 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder
I called Max products and they said the deans connectors are welded together. They use a buss bar to connect the tabs that aren't touching. He said its rated to as many amps as the deans can handle. The 2S is for two packs not cells. They also make one for 3S or three packs.

I'd like to see inside but it sounds better than wires to me.
Cool!! You never know though...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder
I called Max products and they said the deans connectors are welded together. They use a buss bar to connect the tabs that aren't touching. He said its rated to as many amps as the deans can handle. The 2S is for two packs not cells. They also make one for 3S or three packs.

I'd like to see inside but it sounds better than wires to me.
I apologize for being a welding engineer...but do you know the difference between welding and soldering and brazing?
Dec 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
I apologize for being a welding engineer...but do you know the difference between welding and soldering and brazing?
I would love to hear the differences
Dec 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
I'm not an engineer but I can tig weld like a wizard. I would like to hear about brazing specifically. I've never done that.
Dec 15, 2012, 11:17 AM
If I can not get this issue fixed with my DLE 30CC I am going to purchase a new motor. Any Reccomendations???
Dec 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith
if i can not get this issue fixed with my dle 30cc i am going to purchase a new motor. Any reccomendations???
os gt33
Dec 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Motrolfly 4330 Sorry couldn't resist.
Dec 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
3d NOOBular
If I lived somewhere really cold and wanted to fly in the winter I wouldn't want to go with gas either.
Dec 15, 2012, 03:03 PM

That is what i was thinking too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
os gt33
is the motor Standoffs in the same location or how much work will it be to switch from the DLE 30 to the OS motor??
Dec 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
..... how much work will it be to switch from the DLE 30 to the OS motor??
Less work than you've put into figuring out what is wrong with your DLE.
Dec 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just go with the flow
Quote:
If I can not get this issue fixed with my DLE 30CC I am going to purchase a new motor. Any Reccomendations???

Get a new motor

Bob and I tried everything today,he's convinced it's in the carb. We isolated all the electronics and just hooked up the ignition to a battery, same results.
Dec 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Just go with the flow
---
Dec 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
---
I would like to hook another motor up to it just to be sure! because I am gonna send the motor in if the other motor we try works with my electronics. I think I am gonna order the OS gt33 motor for it though
Dec 15, 2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
I would like to hook another motor up to it just to be sure! because I am gonna send the motor in if the other motor we try works with my electronics. I think I am gonna order the OS gt33 motor for it though

the OS mounting points are the same as the DLE although you will need different (44.5mm) standoffs and a slight re working of the throttle linkage.

JMO>...once you fly the OS you will never look back.
Dec 15, 2012, 08:04 PM
Santi
Why is it that the dle 30's have SO many problems but he dle 55's are much more popular?

Quick Reply