Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Ice lite or just Ice?
The regular Ice.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:20 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Ice Ice Baby
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
DaaBears is offline
Find More Posts by DaaBears
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Ice Ice Baby
Dun dun dun -da da -dun dun!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Rollin' in my 5.0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
The EF Edge is definitely tame in comparison, extremely floaty it was. I recommend it as a 3d "trainer"... Have you flown the 88"?
Yes l fly the 88 often. Its a very manuverable plane, very different from the 60.
Yes the 60 is a great 3d trainer
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:37 PM
electricboy is offline
Find More Posts by electricboy
Registered User
electricboy's Avatar
[QUOTE=UCDme3D;23407796]Dun dun dun -da da -dun dun![/QUO

Seriously?

Are we that board?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:38 PM
DaaBears is offline
Find More Posts by DaaBears
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Yes l fly the 88 often. Its a very manuverable plane, very different from the 60.
Yes the 60 is a great 3d trainer
How would you compare the 88 and 89?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:39 PM
DaaBears is offline
Find More Posts by DaaBears
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
[QUOTE=electricboy;23407855]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Dun dun dun -da da -dun dun![/QUO

Seriously?

Are we that board?
Yes- road trip.. Very bored.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:42 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Rollin' in my 5.0
Are you interested in the Ice?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:57 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Are you interested in the Ice?
Thanks man but I was looking for an Ice Lite.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:58 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Thanks man but I was looking for an Ice Lite.
Ok, no problem.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:15 PM
bryansifsof44 is online now
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I like the crazy violent abilities of the 3DHS edge over the numb response of the ef edge
I would say my 60" edge has nothing close to numb response. It does everything with the best of them. I use hs-7245hv servos running on 8.2volts regulated from my castle 10 BEC. Also, the 1700+ watts from a 6s motrolfly makes it a beast. It does violent and I wouldn't limit it to a "trainer", its a very capable plane. That being said I never flew the 3DHS 58" Edge. I flew the EF 48" and 3DHS 48" Edges and the EF is night and day better.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
I would say my 60" edge has nothing close to numb response. It does everything with the best of them. I use hs-7245hv servos running on 8.2volts regulated from my castle 10 BEC. Also, the 1700+ watts from a 6s motrolfly makes it a beast. It does violent and I wouldn't limit it to a "trainer", its a very capable plane. That being said I never flew the 3DHS 58" Edge. I flew the EF 48" and 3DHS 48" Edges and the EF is night and day better.
the ef and 3dhs 48 edges are COMPLETELY different airframes. its like comparing the vyper to the mxs. they were not meant to be comparable, they just happen to be the same size.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:23 PM
bryansifsof44 is online now
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
the ef and 3dhs 48 edges are COMPLETELY different airframes. its like comparing the vyper to the mxs. they were not meant to be comparable, they just happen to be the same size.
How does the 58 compare to the 3dhs 48? What is the flying weight of the 58?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
3DNater is online now
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
rcbirk I disagree with not comparing and here is why. I can only spend a dollar once so there has to be some basis for choosing... enter the comparison. But hey it's not a fair comparison... sry, but I have to make a choice between two good things and my dollar is only good once and I can't afford every airplane I'd ever want.

So long as there are comparisons with proximity to what you are looking for you have to get as much info as you can, make a comparison, and make a choice.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 07:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 08:31 AM