Feb 09, 2012, 10:07 AM
MD1 HACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen
I need to cut the cowl so it will fit for my O.S. GT-33 exhaust. I have a dremel that I can use but wanted to know if there is a certain bit I should use. I don't want to hack up the cowl and wanted to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks!
I have been using a small sanding bits for cutting the cowl. Makes a bit of a mess but was the easiest tool to use when I was cutting cowls. I usually use the one on the left

Now on my elec 71 I am looking for a CF prop. Was running a 20x10 Xoar with my 6s stock hacker setup. Whats the hot ticket for that in CF?? Looks like DA doesn't have a mejzlik in a 20x10E, just the 20x11. Before I go spending the coin on a prop I want to make sure that it will be the best one for the job
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2012, 03:14 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Xoar-Pro...item4cf565c7f3

20x10 Xoar carbon fiber prop
Feb 09, 2012, 03:16 PM
Once u go yak u never go back
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeWingRC
broken link for me.
Feb 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn
I think its mostly due to the warm winter most the country is having. more than the usual amount of people are flying still and the flying season is looking like its going to be early this year for everywhere else. i personally haven't had a week where i didn't get to fly something since september and i live in the northwest. Also this is the building season. lots of people are getting ready for the summer by getting their fleet up and going. I think these factors and more are causing a lot higher volume of planes to be bought than usual this time of year. 3dhs is a company that is growing quickly but because of those reasons and the spreading word of the amazing company that 3dhs is and the amazing products they provide the demand is currently outgrowing the rate at which they can build airframes. i have personally taken advantage when things are first in stock and have 4 new 3dhs airframes in the past month alone.

but, because they are so amazing they dont accept sub par quality and i do believe Ben is traveling the globe to help the company grow and to help feed the demand of us "3dhs fanatics"
My take is it's a typical small company trying to get bigger without taking on a lot of debt or not wanting to take on a lot of debt or unable to take on a lot of debt. . 3dhs was out of popular planes in the summer. Buy a spare or be careful. If I'm happy with a plane I'm not jumping just because I have to wait. Other factors could be in there as well. I think a few went through some changes that could have caused some delays.

Some people don't realize the cost of doing business. It cost my company $7,000,000 a day to buy our raw product. After overheads, we might make some, might lose some. 5% return would be decent. But we still have to have the money available to buy the raw product or we are out of business.
Feb 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
MD1 HACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeWingRC
Thats a gas xoar prop, was looking for an electric CF
Thanks for the link tho
Feb 09, 2012, 06:02 PM
Gas Question:

1. Has anyone used a HS-82MG servo for throttle? I have a Power HD 1501 coming for throttle but if I can use the HS-82MG I'd prefer to keep that installed.

2. I have an 1100 mAH NiMH for IGN, on my 50cc Yak I use a 2200 but I was wondering if the 1100 mAH would be sufficient for the 28cc. I am using a LiFe 1800mAH battery for Rx for reference, since I'll have to recharge that before I get too many flights in a day. My HS-985s all around pull about 80-90mAH per 8 min of flying to give an idea of the lifespan on a single charge.
Feb 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94'325is
Gas Question:

1. Has anyone used a HS-82MG servo for throttle? I have a Power HD 1501 coming for throttle but if I can use the HS-82MG I'd prefer to keep that installed.

2. I have an 1100 mAH NiMH for IGN, on my 50cc Yak I use a 2200 but I was wondering if the 1100 mAH would be sufficient for the 28cc. I am using a LiFe 1800mAH battery for Rx for reference, since I'll have to recharge that before I get too many flights in a day. My HS-985s all around pull about 80-90mAH per 8 min of flying to give an idea of the lifespan on a single charge.
I wouldn't use an HS-82MG for anything....it has no bearings in it, will therefore get real sloppy real quick, and once it gets sloppy it can start binding a bit.... just my opinion though....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Feb 09, 2012, 07:22 PM
ADC Vinyl
Quote:
Gas Question:
can't recommend doing that. Personally, I really like using a standard servo, HS-985MG or equal. There's not a whole lot of give in that linkage.
Feb 09, 2012, 07:53 PM
Account Closed
I have successfully been using a hs-225MG for throttle in my 71" Slick. They are cheap, light, and strong.
Feb 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
just sold my yac thinking about getting a viper , wadda ya think ? hope i can use some of the stuff i have , like common sense 90 motor and 90hv speed control , this motor wouldnt work very good on the 71 slick , didnt like a big prop , motrolfy comming for that , have a ice 100 for the slick too ...
Feb 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback for cutting the cowl guys. Now I have a new question. I received these landing gear cuffs to use on my 71" slick.

I'll need to prime and pant them. Anyone have any suggestions what type of primer and pant I should use? Also the black trim that is on the landing gear cuff for the 74" Edge is the trim canopy trim like this? There is a larger size that I could use. The small has a 3/16 height and the large has a 1/4 height. Thanks!
Feb 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the recommendations on the throttle servo; I was hoping to get away w/ the cheap route but I'm glad I asked. I'm going to save the HS-82 for a 51" Slick if the stars align at tax return season!
Feb 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
i think the general recommendation for the 82's is to sell them in the classifieds and get the recommended servos. i had an 81 that used the case instead of a top bearing and had a hell of a time figuring out what was wrong with it when it would bind up in the air but not on the ground. they wear out quick. no wonder they were so much cheaper than the 85's at the lhs.
Feb 10, 2012, 12:00 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations on the throttle servo; I was hoping to get away w/ the cheap route but I'm glad I asked. I'm going to save the HS-82 for a 51" Slick if the stars align at tax return season!
Again...the HS-82 is no good....no bearings at all. You would be doing yourself and your plane a disservice by using an HS-82 in anything other than possibly a foamy...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Feb 10, 2012, 12:44 AM
just about any paint will work , krylon or most stuff that can be bought at home depot or lowes , auto stuff will work good ...

Quick Reply