Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old May 10, 2011, 05:54 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
Hey Losi, I've been thinking about a throttle curve too. What % you running? Thx
oh you need a picture of Losi's throttle curve.Very cool.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 06:08 PM
danamania is offline
Find More Posts by danamania
Advocating for RC Aviation
Balls to the wall, eh? LOL
Old May 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
Balls to the wall, eh? LOL
naw its just different than what Ive seen and works extremely well..
Old May 10, 2011, 10:34 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Will post my throttle curve in the AM everyone in the house is asleep and if I go out and get the radio I will wake them up. So check back about 7:30 in the morning. My curve sounds steep but works really really well. Did a little bit of a curve on Mantas planes too and man did it help! I watched Matt bobing in a hover before the curve to holding one of the steadest ones I have seen and it was only about a foot off the ground after we put it in there .
Old May 10, 2011, 10:38 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Losi,

what radio are you using? I have an A9 and was wondering if the curve was universal?
Old May 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Pics of me and Grubby at the field today having fun….
Old May 10, 2011, 10:46 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Losi,

what radio are you using? I have an A9 and was wondering if the curve was universal?
I set up Mantas curve on the A9 he can give you a run down on his. I put his a little less agressive than mine but still seemed to feel good (I brought my power down lower on the stick than him) so hovering is around 1/2 throttle for me but still has much more power to give on the upper end of the throttle stick

Ok I snuck out and got my radio. Here is my curve:

1: 0
2:45
3:72
4:90
5:100

Again I know it sounds steep but on my 8fg with my castle HV120 (on fixed endpoints) this is a very smooth linear feeling throtte curve.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Pics of me and Grubby at the field today having fun….
Very nice pics!!!! The red one looks a bit stripped though
Old May 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
ryan_m is online now
Find More Posts by ryan_m
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
I was having similar trouble on a DX7 with the power feel. But since they don't have a throttle curve, I was able to get a more linear feel by adding in some sub-trim on the throttle channel and reprogramming endpoints. Initially the high point was locking on at about 73% on the ATV. Low side was setting at about 57%.
Adding in about 50 points of throttle subtrim was able to get the endpoints almost identical, and just by stick feel holding the plane back on the ground you could tell there was a lot more power at 50% throttle than there was before the subtrim.
So for those without a throttle curve... might help.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:55 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I was having similar trouble on a DX7 with the power feel. But since they don't have a throttle curve, I was able to get a more linear feel by adding in some sub-trim on the throttle channel and reprogramming endpoints. Initially the high point was locking on at about 73% on the ATV. Low side was setting at about 57%.
Adding in about 50 points of throttle subtrim was able to get the endpoints almost identical, and just by stick feel holding the plane back on the ground you could tell there was a lot more power at 50% throttle than there was before the subtrim.
So for those without a throttle curve... might help.
If you set up the plane in the heli program you wll have a throttle curve. Just a thought
Old May 10, 2011, 11:02 PM
ambientech is online now
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
I have done it both way's I found using fixed endpoints on esc then adjusting endpoints on TX was the easiest and fastest way to get a linear curve for me. When using a throttle curve It took many adjustments to get it right.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:09 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
I thought about doing that but thouht it wouldn't give me a good curve. My end point on the higher end was only 64% and low end was 67%. So the castle esc will not read any input higher than the 64% on the high end so adjusting it higher than 64% will only allow 100% throttle at a lower stick position but no more throttle advancment past that point. So I can get 100% throttle at say ¾ stick but from the ¾ to 100% stick travel I will get no more power.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:10 PM
ambientech is online now
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
This is how I do it and it gives me a perfect curve without the hassles of setting up a throttle curve. This video from CC is of a heli but it works the same for a plane

Castle Quick Tip- Throttle Calibration.wmv (3 min 23 sec)
Old May 10, 2011, 11:12 PM
ambientech is online now
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I thought about doing that but thouht it wouldn't give me a good curve. My end point on the higher end was only 64% and low end was 67%. So the castle esc will not read any input higher than the 64% on the high end so adjusting it higher than 64% will only allow 100% throttle at a lower stick position but no more throttle advancment past that point. So I can get 100% throttle at say ¾ stick but from the ¾ to 100% stick travel I will get no more power.
You have to set fixed end points on esc first then do the end point adjustment.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:21 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Very nice pics!!!! The red one looks a bit stripped though
Grubby likes the naked plane look I guess…at least he has a pilot. I am going to get the same one and put "Stig" on it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 07:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 08:31 AM