Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:26 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Well I bougnt mine used, didn't see a card and I'll have to see if I have the little connector for the bec, looks like I can make one of those if needed.

Thanks,
Rob
Just call Castle. They sent me a free castle link USB when I bought my first Ice 100 used. My other two were bought new and they come with a coupon for the USB adaptor.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
BTW, can anyone share their Ice 100 settings for a 6S setup on the SLick?

Wondering what to set my LVC at as well as a few other points.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
BTW, can anyone share their Ice 100 settings for a 6S setup on the SLick?

Wondering what to set my LVC at as well as a few other points.
a lot of the setup depends on your motor. i put my LVC as low as possible
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:41 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
a lot of the setup depends on your motor. i put my LVC as low as possible
I'm going to go with the Motrolfly 4325-380
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:08 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
I set my LVC to way lower than the motor will turn,that way I have a chance to feel the motor lose a bit of power so I can land versus getting caught in a hover or something "plane killing without power" if the LVC kicks in.Id rather kill a battery than a plane.
P.S. perfect motor choice.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
robj is offline
Find More Posts by robj
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I set my LVC to way lower than the motor will turn,that way I have a chance to feel the motor lose a bit of power so I can land versus getting caught in a hover or something "plane killing without power" if the LVC kicks in.Id rather kill a battery than a plane.
P.S. perfect motor choice.
You bet! Hopefully folks will check theirs, not good to loose all power. Actually it sucks!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
That's probably how I lost my Osiris. I set my LVC high on accident. Didn't notice until afterwards when I was changing the settings in my Ice 100.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:26 PM
robj is offline
Find More Posts by robj
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
That's probably how I lost my Osiris. I set my LVC high on accident. Didn't notice until afterwards when I was changing the settings in my Ice 100.
That and a timer!!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:58 PM
Safety Hawk is offline
Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
If we get a nice warm weekend I might have to ride up your way to fly with you again! I will have the 72 and 42 with me
I'm down for that! Of course that might be a little while.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:27 PM
ryan_m is offline
Find More Posts by ryan_m
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
ESC settings -
low timing, pwm of 8. LVC I set to 4.0 volts. Not 4/cell, but 4. Like Manta said, feel the power drop rather than lose the plane. Castle idea of soft cut and mine are drastically different... theirs is not enough to fly the plane on! So I avoid it.
I set my motor start power to ~75, and throttle response to about 3/4 of the way to the top of the scale. But those two are personal preference. I also adjust logging to 2 samples/sec and only record watts/amps/volts/temp. Read issues of knocking with logging at default settings.


And robj - regarding logging, default is logging turned on. At 5 samples/sec and all data points monitored. It only records something like 30-40 mins of flights at these settings, and once the log buffer is full it stops recording anything. So if you haven't been clearing the buffer most likely there was no log data to view for the last flight. Unfortunately it doesn't clear the buffer and keep logging, it just stops when full.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:34 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote "Not 4/cell, but 4."

So in other words, NO LVC. 4.0 Volts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Quote "Not 4/cell, but 4."

So in other words, NO LVC. 4.0 Volts
yessir. that means the pack would have to be all the way down to 4 total volts (<1.0 v per cell), which means it wont kick in

last time i checked the castle link software doesnt allow you to completely disable the LVC, so most of us just put it as far down as possible
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:56 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
yessir. that means the pack would have to be all the way down to 4 total volts (<1.0 v per cell), which means it wont kick in

last time i checked the castle link software doesnt allow you to completely disable the LVC, so most of us just put it as far down as possible
Got it. It makes sense. I would rather lose a pack.


...and Robby, I did have my timer set btw, in fact it had just gone off and I was circling around to make my approach when it died. Not much you can do when you are caught down wind and your club field that you pay to fly at has you flying over 8' pine trees.

Seriously, to thoughs in Cyber land, our club is like a beautiful runway in the middle of an active volcano.

I'll take it easy on you since you just had a mishap with your Slick
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:12 PM
robj is offline
Find More Posts by robj
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Got it. It makes sense. I would rather lose a pack.


...and Robby, I did have my timer set btw, in fact it had just gone off and I was circling around to make my approach when it died. Not much you can do when you are caught down wind and your club field that you pay to fly at has you flying over 8' pine trees.

Seriously, to thoughs in Cyber land, our club is like a beautiful runway in the middle of an active volcano.

I'll take it easy on you since you just had a mishap with your Slick
It's cool, mishaps happen. We all know that right. I haven't worked on the 70 since the other night, been in Lake Charles for 2 days. Hopefully some time to put the coting on before Saturday if I can make it out.

And it's IE.not a Y...Robbie!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:27 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Luttrell View Post
Saw this the other day at the toy store and thought it would look good in the 70" Gas Slick. His facial expressions say it all. Now I just need to finish reparing it ang git it back into the air.
How'd you tint that canopy....?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 07:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 08:31 AM