Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
Registered User
Well, that's the general idea. I'm aimed for the 8S, so I would have the ability to try lower power levels and if necessery prop up a bit with 16L. Honestly all that seems very complicated to me, the loss of power or increase can be huge and not so proportional comparing to smaller airframes, the numbers are scary. Anyways, if I would have to drop 18x10 idea I would end spinning 20" prop which is in theory sounds better than the 18". All I hope is to get solid 7.30-8.00mins of flight time, so have to keep the amps lower.
Last edited by vic_bull; Aug 13, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2010, 08:19 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Finally got my 20x10 Xoar props today. With my A50-16L on 8s I'm getting 2100 watts. Much better than the 1450 watts that I was getting with the Xoar 18x10. I think that I may go up to a 20x12 just to get a little more pitch speed. Hopefully I'll get to try out the 20x10 tomorrow and see how it feels in the air first. Hopefully these numbers can help somebody out, as I had trouble finding real world numbers for the 16L.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_bull View Post
Well, that's the general idea. I'm aimed for the 8S, so I would have the ability to try lower power levels and if necessery prop up a bit with 16L. Honestly all that seems very complicated to me, the loss of power or increase can be huge and not so proportional comparing to smaller airframes, the numbers are scary. Anyways, if I would have to drop 18x10 idea I would end spinning 20" prop which is in theory sounds better than the 18". All I hope is to get solid 7.30-8.00mins of flight time, so have to keep the amps lower.
Remember that the left thumb determines flight times, not max watts or amps.
Aug 14, 2010, 04:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Remember that the left thumb determines flight times, not max watts or amps.
LOL! I wouldn't argue with that in any way.

Thanks for you numbers it mostly cleared the things up. Any chance you got amperage, voltage and rpm?
Last edited by vic_bull; Aug 14, 2010 at 04:58 AM.
Aug 14, 2010, 07:51 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
I can try and get those numbers for you within the next couple of days.
Aug 14, 2010, 08:16 AM
Change is good...
For the guys running 8s. What is the mAh sweet spot for the 70"?

I've seen some with 3900mah and some with 8s-4200mah. What would be ideal as far as flight times and weight issues?
Aug 14, 2010, 08:22 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
I'm running 3600's and 3700's. I set my timer for 5 minutes and land at about 6 minutes. I'm usually putting in right around 3000 mah's back in the packs. I do mixed 3D with about half the flight being low and slow stuff to save on the mah's.
Aug 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
Change is good...
Thanks..
Aug 14, 2010, 09:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
I can try and get those numbers for you within the next couple of days.
Thanks! Also if you would have a chance to spin 19x10, please do, it would be interesting.
Aug 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Registered User
Scooter0509's Avatar
I run 4000 ma 20c packs and I set my timer for 7:30 and put back around 28-2900 ma.
I could drop down to 3300 and set the timer for 6 min and have plenty left for a go around or 2 if needed.
Aug 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
Change is good...
This is my final setup:

70" slick (fantasy blue with the sticker set I wanted)
Motrolfly 4325-380kv
6s 5000 25c and 40c packs
HV110 (had one collecting dust)
19x10
DS610's
DS650 on rudder
CC bec pro

4 more days and counting....
Last edited by bpd964; Aug 14, 2010 at 01:53 PM.
Aug 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
Change is good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter0509 View Post
I run 4000 ma 20c packs and I set my timer for 7:30 and put back around 28-2900 ma.
I could drop down to 3300 and set the timer for 6 min and have plenty left for a go around or 2 if needed.
I'm in Port Jeff Station nearly every other weekend. Are there places around there I could fly a 57" SC?
Aug 14, 2010, 01:36 PM
Registered User
Akschu,

Custom wind does not cost anymore than the two Kv we have listed as all the 4325 are built and wound here. Just thought I would let you know and would only delay shipping by maybe one day.

Ken
Aug 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Registered User
slowmotion's Avatar
Love my AJ Slick 70" , this plane fly just like my 35% bird. (sorry for poor video quality, I needed a new HD cam)

Tom

AJ Slick 70" Electric 3Dhobbyshop (4 min 20 sec)
Aug 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd964 View Post
This is my final setup:

70" slick (fantasy blue with the sticker set I wanted)
And which sticker set was that???

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 14, 2010, 02:27 PM
Change is good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
And which sticker set was that???

SteveT
Ummm, just a couple of animals..
Last edited by bpd964; Aug 14, 2010 at 02:50 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM