Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 06, 2012, 07:35 AM
Registered User
smithder's Avatar

Batteries


My mother-in-law has been begging me for gift ideas. I figure I can always use some batteries. Gens ace are out of stock. What kind should I tell her to get? Looking for 4S 4000 so I can fly them in my 57 Extra as well.

Been thinking about Haiyin:
http://www.haiyinstore.com/compares....=200+&PID=201+

Flight Max
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4S1P_40C.html

NanoTech
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20763



Thanks!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 10:40 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Does the gas slick have a tunnel?
Dec 06, 2012, 11:06 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder View Post
My mother-in-law has been begging me for gift ideas. I figure I can always use some batteries. Gens ace are out of stock. What kind should I tell her to get? Looking for 4S 4000 so I can fly them in my 57 Extra as well.

Been thinking about Haiyin:
http://www.haiyinstore.com/compares....=200+&PID=201+

Flight Max
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4S1P_40C.html

NanoTech
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20763



Thanks!
Never tried the Hayin...Have had good luck with the Flightmax, horrible luck with Nonos (Nanos), try the Glacier packs from EP Buddy. I have heard they are pretty good...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Dec 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Haiyin batteries are very nice. I have some 6s 3600s from them and they are as good if not better than gens ace and glacier batteries(which i still use and like but the haiyin seem to be a tad better quality)

The only issue i have with them is that sometimes their packs weigh more than the other brands with similar capacity
Dec 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
SMOOOOKKKKKKEEEE
The Real Monson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Does the gas slick have a tunnel?
Yes it does.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
Registered User
smithder's Avatar
No stock on Glacier either.

Sure wish someone came out with good packs that were usually in stock as opposed to usually out of stock!

That leaves me Flightmax or Haiyin to choose from.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:42 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Haiyin batteries are very nice. I have some 6s 3600s from them and they are as good if not better than gens ace and glacier batteries(which i still use and like but the haiyin seem to be a tad better quality)

The only issue i have with them is that sometimes their packs weigh more than the other brands with similar capacity
I am not an expert, but I have noticed that increased C rating corresponds to the weight of the pack. It could be that Haiyin is under-rating their C-ratings to ensure quality on performance. This comes at the expense of a little extra weight/capacity. I am not sure that this is the cause for the weight variance, but it seems likely.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
smithder's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
There was nothing wrong with the haiyin batteries, but after some testing with the gens and sky lipos I felt that I needed to move onto something new that fit my flying style better.
Interesting quote from Joe Smith from another forum...

Gens Ace seem to be consistently rated high, but I can never find them in stock.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:50 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder View Post
Interesting quote from Joe Smith from another forum...

Gens Ace seem to be consistently rated high, but I can never find them in stock.
Maybe he meant he needed a lighter pack because i've had zero problems the Haiyin packs(and i am very hard on my batteries charging multiple times a day and doing a lot of WOT flying). I'm not sure but from my experience the Haiyin batteries are great quality.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:52 AM
Registered User
smithder's Avatar
I would like to think they are better than the Flightmax. So given the choices that appear to be in stock at various places I think I will give them a try.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
Registered User
smithder's Avatar
What C rating should I go for?
Dec 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Maybe he meant he needed a lighter pack because i've had zero problems the Haiyin packs(and i am very hard on my batteries charging multiple times a day and doing a lot of WOT flying). I'm not sure but from my experience the Haiyin batteries are great quality.
I don't suppose sponsorship has anything to do with that statement, anyone try the new scorpion packs that Haiyin is making/selling.

I have 2 haiyin 3300mah 6s and they are great
Dec 06, 2012, 12:03 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Maybe he meant he needed a lighter pack because i've had zero problems the Haiyin packs(and i am very hard on my batteries charging multiple times a day and doing a lot of WOT flying). I'm not sure but from my experience the Haiyin batteries are great quality.
You're the reason I've started slowly purchasing Haiyin batteries. We seem to demand the same things out of our batteries (although the output of that deman for you is more specatular! ) so I figured if they work for you then they'll work for me too.
Dec 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder View Post
What C rating should I go for?
I've been using 30c but i'm sure 25c would be fine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I don't suppose sponsorship has anything to do with that statement, anyone try the new scorpion packs that Haiyin is making/selling.

I have 2 haiyin 3300mah 6s and they are great
I was thinking sponsorship might be a part of it

I haven't tried the scorpion packs yet because they're too expensive and the haiyins and glaciers have been serving me well
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
You're the reason I've started slowly purchasing Haiyin batteries. We seem to demand the same things out of our batteries (although the output of that deman for you is more specatular! ) so I figured if they work for you then they'll work for me too.
They're definitely good packs. My 6s 3600s are as solid as the day i bought them after over 75 cycles a piece.
Dec 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I've been using 30c but i'm sure 25c would be fine too.

I was thinking sponsorship might be a part of it

I haven't tried the scorpion packs yet because they're too expensive and the haiyins and glaciers have been serving me well

They're definitely good packs. My 6s 3600s are as solid as the day i bought them after over 75 cycles a piece.
I love my larger gens-ace as well, my 6s 2500 have been fantastic in both my planes and helis, but this says a lot

http://www.hobbypartz.com/prpijoesmflh.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM