some neat flyinh hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
Santi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
This one http://www.quantumhobby.com/product-...120aoptohv.htm

with a CC BEC pro

Here is the video from flight number 4 on the Slick. I'm still trying to get the feel for it but it came out alright. Make sure if you're going to watch it put it in 720HD because even then the quality isn't that great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtZH...ature=youtu.be
When i see someone become one with a slick like that, an 89" is usually close behind! Awesome flying!
Nov 19, 2012, 01:54 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
When i see someone become one with a slick like that, an 89" is usually close behind! Awesome flying!
Ahaha thanks dude! I wish i could get an 89'' but no room and no way i'd fit it in my 99 camry. I got another flight this morning that i'm uploading right now, I added music because the mic. on the camera sucks but it's uncut. I'll post it when it's done
Nov 19, 2012, 02:08 PM
Team Twisted!
It's done It was sunnier this morning so it looks much better. Again, make sure you put it to 720hd.

Those that say red flies better, haven't tried orange

3DHS 71'' Slick (5 min 1 sec)
Nov 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
3d NOOBular
very nice flying hone1er!

I got 3 solid flights on my 70" gasser this morning. I'm still getting used to it. I was just really happy to get three good flights with no trouble. I have developed a love/hate relationship with my motor. I think I'm finally figuring out how to deal with my motor and it is running really fantastic right now.

Originally I had it set up with smoke but while making some small repairs this weekend I took it out. I got frustrated with it and thought I'd save the weight. Well, I can definitely feel the difference. Harrier is steadier and it rockets out of a hover even more than it did before. I'm loving it
Nov 19, 2012, 03:35 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Ahaha thanks dude! I wish i could get an 89'' but no room and no way i'd fit it in my 99 camry. I got another flight this morning that i'm uploading right now, I added music because the mic. on the camera sucks but it's uncut. I'll post it when it's done
Leave girlfriend at home....then it might fit.... But then she is probably the one taking the videos for you,(nice job on videos BTW) so we wouldn't get to see you fly...

Orange 71" Slicks fly best!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Nov 19, 2012, 03:46 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
It's done It was sunnier this morning so it looks much better. Again, make sure you put it to 720hd.

Those that say red flies better, haven't tried orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjeWA...ature=youtu.be
Man that was SICK!! And you haven't even been flying for that long right??
Nov 19, 2012, 04:09 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Man that was SICK!! And you haven't even been flying for that long right??
Thanks man!

I've been flying for a little over a year now but i fly A LOT
Nov 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
So I'm flying Sunday, first flight, only time for maybe 3 back to back to back. Take off, roll inverted, go up, little flip back the other way, then a inverted flip to KE, then I lose my elevator. Nice stable 71 just flys away. I was just over the trees so not much time to try anything. I figure just keep it level and slow It disappears, then the dreaded tree catch. Hand and knees in this thicket for 30 minutes then dark chases me out. This morning I got up early with the trusty T-28 and a key fob camera. Reviewing I think I see something. Head out there at lunch and it's nothing. But I had one charged battery and flew from the other side of the pasture. Different sun and angles I'm pretty sure I've found it. About 900 feet across a field (jumped a deer at lunch) and about 100 feet in the thicket. Not sure how high up. If nothing else the gear should be ok, batterys might be shot. I've got hatchet and saw in hand, gloves, glasses, etc.
Nov 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Leave girlfriend at home....then it might fit.... But then she is probably the one taking the videos for you,(nice job on videos BTW) so we wouldn't get to see you fly...

Orange 71" Slicks fly best!!

SteveT
Yup, she does the filming

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
So I'm flying Sunday, first flight, only time for maybe 3 back to back to back. Take off, roll inverted, go up, little flip back the other way, then a inverted flip to KE, then I lose my elevator. Nice stable 71 just flys away. I was just over the trees so not much time to try anything. I figure just keep it level and slow It disappears, then the dreaded tree catch. Hand and knees in this thicket for 30 minutes then dark chases me out. This morning I got up early with the trusty T-28 and a key fob camera. Reviewing I think I see something. Head out there at lunch and it's nothing. But I had one charged battery and flew from the other side of the pasture. Different sun and angles I'm pretty sure I've found it. About 900 feet across a field (jumped a deer at lunch) and about 100 feet in the thicket. Not sure how high up. If nothing else the gear should be ok, batterys might be shot. I've got hatchet and saw in hand, gloves, glasses, etc.
WOW, that suuucks. I hope that's it in the picture. Good luck man!
Nov 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
On the contrary My brother fit an 89 slick, 70velox, 51 slick, and a 42 slick with all the wings in the front of his 2011 Nissan altima (same size as a camery ) that was with him and his son in the car. He had 4 other planes in the trunk and all his tools, chargers, and batts back there too. It can be done if you are creative.
Nov 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
On the contrary My brother fit an 89 slick, 70velox, 51 slick, and a 42 slick with all the wings in the front of his 2011 Nissan altima (same size as a camery ) that was with him and his son in the car. He had 4 other planes in the trunk and all his tools, chargers, and batts back there too. It can be done if you are creative.
Did he take off the rudder, horizontal stab, prop, and landing gear off to get it in there? I guess i wouldn't mind doing that if it was setup for gas and i could get 15 minute flights.
Nov 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Only took the elevators off the 89. The planes are all electric too. He loves puzzles and it shows. He is an amazing packer. You wouldn't believe what he fit in his king cab chevy truck. It reminds me of the clowns at the circus getting in an out the car.
Nov 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
Santi
If I could get an 89" and a 71" in my Terrain, I'd be a happy camper...
Nov 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Man that sucks. I hope you are able to dig it out. I think I see it in the lower right quadrant of your photo.

Quick Reply