Sep 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
SO my Hacker A50-16L is back at aero model getting to go over. There was some lateral play with the can and it came down boiling hot. Kyle says there is a fix by upgrading it to version 2.1 spec. I was running a 20x10 mezj and liked it. It wasn't the fastest but it was plenty for good 3d.

Now I've got the upgrade itch. Do you guys think a motrofly 4325-280 would be worth the upgrade? I'd like to still use the $80 prop I have but would consider a 20x8 for testing. I figure I can recoup 1/2 the cost by reselling the Hacker. Thoughts?
Yes you could run the 20x10 I believe on the 280.Check your amps. i run 20x8 for like 69 amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
i just got home from flying my slick with the 4325-280 motor and i love it,20x8 apc prop flying for 6 mins mildly
Congrats!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Sorry chaps - my mistake - I don't have an X-250 (nor have I ever seen on except in magazines or on here) - I was merely guessing based on Videographer's description of his "problem" - and my previous error.

I'll leave my post as it is as a warning to me against "guessing" in future

Brian
They are great planes spinners. I have gotten a few of them from esprit and they come in great planes packaging. These spinners are for electric so i wouldn't use one on a gas engine.
Sep 11, 2012, 08:10 PM
Yea I may just do this. I have a 4325-280 on a 20x8e on my 72 extra and it rips the 71 slick up.
Sep 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
Keith Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yup...Great Planes only two.... but the pic on Esprit looked like only two also.....but you would know....

For myself...Carbon fiber spinners don't really do anything for me, as I like the spinner color to match the plane.....and most full size aircraft don't have black spinners unless of course they have black on the plane, which most of my planes don't other than just black stripes......everybody like different things though.....which is good, other wise things would sure get boring....

SteveT
Just to double check I walked out to the shop and confirmed that the spinner I bought from Esprit does have 4 retaining screws. What I don't know, does the larger Great Planes spinners only have 2 holes or do they have 4.

I'm no longer a carbon fiber spinner fan either. I have 3 of them that I just can't make work for me.
Sep 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Yea I may just do this. I have a 4325-280 on a 20x8e on my 72 extra and it rips the 71 slick up.
I need to throw a 20x10 on mine. While i was testing props,when i got to that one it was so good Ive been scared to touch it lol.. I'm not sure how the torque in hover or harrier or moves like that would be affected going to that pitch. So far with the 20x8 i can hold the hover canopy in.. (yes i am starting to get torque rolls finally but they come few and far between lol)
Sep 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr View Post
Just to double check I walked out to the shop and confirmed that the spinner I bought from Esprit does have 4 retaining screws. What I don't know, does the larger Great Planes spinners only have 2 holes or do they have 4.

I'm no longer a carbon fiber spinner fan either. I have 3 of them that I just can't make work for me.
Two....even on the 3", which is as large as they go....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Sep 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I need to throw a 20x10 on mine. While i was testing props,when i got to that one it was so good Ive been scared to touch it lol.. I'm not sure how the torque in hover or harrier or moves like that would be affected going to that pitch. So far with the 20x8 i can hold the hover canopy in.. (yes i am starting to get torque rolls finally but they come few and far between lol)
Ken just emailed me...he said 20x8 was max. On a 20x10 he recommends a throttle curve or lower end points. Watch those amps. I've made my decision, I'm going to improve cooling and reinstall the updated hacker when I get it back. If I still get wiffs of "essence of hacker" standing in the pits and need to put an ice pack on the cowl when it comes down, it will go up in the classified.
Sep 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
3DHS 'native'
Why not a 4335 on 20x10?
Sep 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Why not a 4335 on 20x10?
4335? link please
Sep 11, 2012, 09:00 PM
OOPS
Quote:
4335? link please
Im not sure they are here yet. If Ken says no to the 20x10 then no it is. Im who tested and recommended the 20x8 for him anyhow.
The 20x8 will give you more than enough go and will keep the temps in check.. Hey if you have a motor coming back to ya use it and save some bucks. If and when you are ready to make a change,motrolfly will not disappoint.
Last edited by Manta1; Sep 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect..
Sep 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
If you dont mind waiting a little bit Ken has a 4330 coming. Will handle massive amounts of power and big props for our 25% planes.
Sep 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Oh manta beat me to it
Sep 11, 2012, 09:11 PM
3DHS 'native'
No link yet. I thought it was here by now. My bad.

Quote:
4335? link please
Sep 11, 2012, 09:13 PM
Patience pays. We'll keep it our secret. Shhh
Sep 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
JohnVHRC
what prop do you guys like on a rimfire 1.20?
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!

Quick Reply