Jul 13, 2012, 12:06 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post



Just kidding of course Greg!!!
I know!

I dish it out, so I'd better be able to take it!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2012, 08:35 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome! View Post
Anyone running their 985's on 6.5 volts? If so, any issues?
I run mine in my 71 slick at 6.3v using the castle pro bec. no issues so far..not sure if the bump to 6.5 would matter or not?
Jul 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I run mine in my 71 slick at 6.3v using the castle pro bec. no issues so far..not sure if the bump to 6.5 would matter or not?
I have been running 7985's direct out of a A123 and they have worked great. My slick BEC is set to 6.5v with 2 7985 and 2 985's and they are rolling along awesome as well!
Jul 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
I have been running 7985's direct out of a A123 and they have worked great. My slick BEC is set to 6.5v with 2 7985 and 2 985's and they are rolling along awesome as well!
Cool beans. I also run a set of 985s in my vyper on straight 2s life pack. i wouldn't be scared to try it
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
Any ETA on the 71 Slick?
Jul 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Sounds perfect to me. Why would this not work?
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
Jul 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
These bush upto what diameter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
Jul 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
8mm prop shaft to 10mm prop hub
Jul 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I got some feedback from noll on a couple of bushings I sent him. They fit great.

So, if anyone wants prop bushings for an os 33 gt, 2 for $10 shipped.

I'll get them on my website tonight along with some pictures
and im here boiling in wait for standoffs and bushings lol... >.< cant wait to get the envelope! thats the only thing left for me to finish 71!
Jul 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
GetSome!'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Cool beans. I also run a set of 985s in my vyper on straight 2s life pack. i wouldn't be scared to try it
Cool guys...Ill try 6.5 then. Just wanted some success stories before I took the plunge...this isnt the plane I take all the risk with so I wanted to play it safe
Jul 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
and im here boiling in wait for standoffs and bushings lol... >.< cant wait to get the envelope! thats the only thing left for me to finish 71!
I sent it july 3rd let me know when you get it
Jul 13, 2012, 08:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
7985s will handle 7.4volts with no issues
Jul 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
harddrive8's Avatar
Well I put my 71" in the ground a little too hard on a final approach. Busted the motorbox up pretty bad, cowling is cracked, and a couple formers got busted. Luckily, I planned for such damage to occur sooner or later, so I already have a cowling and motorbox for the 71 ready to be installed.

Can someone give me a few tips on tearing the bad parts out and putting the new ones in? I've done a couple repairs on smaller planes that had thinner ply in them, and just basically cut and broke everything out before. The 71 is a lot tougher to do that with from what I've seen so far. It seems I read somewhere that Acetone is a good debonder for CA glue, can anybody confirm my memory or recommend something else to use? It looks like it will need several little bottles of "official CA Debonder".

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Jul 14, 2012, 12:38 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by harddrive8 View Post
Well I put my 71" in the ground a little too hard on a final approach. Busted the motorbox up pretty bad, cowling is cracked, and a couple formers got busted. Luckily, I planned for such damage to occur sooner or later, so I already have a cowling and motorbox for the 71 ready to be installed.

Can someone give me a few tips on tearing the bad parts out and putting the new ones in? I've done a couple repairs on smaller planes that had thinner ply in them, and just basically cut and broke everything out before. The 71 is a lot tougher to do that with from what I've seen so far. It seems I read somewhere that Acetone is a good debonder for CA glue, can anybody confirm my memory or recommend something else to use? It looks like it will need several little bottles of "official CA Debonder".

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear.
I used regular debonder and have yet to go through a bottle on this and a 48 shp MB repair. From what i've heard acetone works just like debonder. When you put it on you have to let it set for about 10 minutes to soak in and start working. Just work on getting it apart one section at a time and she should come right apart for ya. I thought it was actually easier than the 48 motor box repair cause you can get to it easier being larger. Let us know how it goes.
Jul 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
harddrive8's Avatar
Thanks for the advise. I may run through the little bit of debonder I have and then move to acetone if I run out.

Words of experience: never say "its been a while since I crashed anything. I'm overdue." It seems like ever since then I've been working on repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Sorry to hear.
I used regular debonder and have yet to go through a bottle on this and a 48 shp MB repair. From what i've heard acetone works just like debonder. When you put it on you have to let it set for about 10 minutes to soak in and start working. Just work on getting it apart one section at a time and she should come right apart for ya. I thought it was actually easier than the 48 motor box repair cause you can get to it easier being larger. Let us know how it goes.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM