Thread Tools
Jun 05, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Will get down there before too long. You know me and RCbirk and going to bug the mess out of you!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2011, 04:01 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Will get down there before too long. You know me and RCbirk and going to bug the mess out of you!!!
you know thats right
Jun 05, 2011, 07:49 PM
Registered User
I just did a quick watt/amp test on my 71 8s Motrolfly 4326-310 with an Ice 100 and an 85hv. The 85 pulled almost 100 more watts with the same amp draw. Guess I'm going to swap esc's.
Jun 05, 2011, 08:18 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg1999
I just did a quick watt/amp test on my 71 8s Motrolfly 4326-310 with an Ice 100 and an 85hv. The 85 pulled almost 100 more watts with the same amp draw. Guess I'm going to swap esc's.
100 more watts with the same amp draw? the only way is if your voltage is higher...that wouldnt seem to me to be a esc issue
Jun 05, 2011, 08:27 PM
Registered User
I used the exact same packs, and charged them in between.
Jun 05, 2011, 08:45 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
What prop were you using? How many watts did you pull?
Jun 05, 2011, 08:47 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Will get down there before too long. You know me and RCbirk and going to bug the mess out of you!!!
yall wont be bugging me!!I;m hoping you guys can make a 3d pilot out of me this summer!
Jun 05, 2011, 08:52 PM
Registered User
19x10 Xoar, 69 amps on both esc's 1990 watts on the Ice 100 and 2074 on the 85HV. It did come clear that watts isn't everything though. I had a Scorpion on there when I first built the plane and it's performance was decent and it was pulling 2500watts with the same prop. I think what's most important is prop rpm, which I tried to tach, but the lighting was bad so my tach wouldn't read. The performance of the 4325-310 and 19x10 prop is phenomenal. I'm actually planning to try my 4320-300 with the same prop to see how that goes. I could easily sacrifice a little power as it has a ton, for 3oz in weight savings on the nose. Ive always felt like the 4325 would be good for a little larger plane. I hope to try the 4320 Tuesday.
Jun 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
4320 on the 71 slick?
Jun 05, 2011, 09:26 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
4320 on the 71 slick?
might be hard to balance but definitely has plenty of power! slap a 19x10 on the 4320 on 6s....oh man. dont give me any ideas. i like my vyper...i dont want to crash it
Jun 05, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Man I am pulling much more power than you with the same motor and a smaller prop (18x8) I am pulling over 80+amps with the 18x8 and 2400+watts. If I gag the throttle to full I will pull 2600watts for a second or two. Slowly ramped up to full I pull the 2400

Thats the HV120 esc and Motrolfly 4325 310KV motor with a 18x8 prop
Jun 05, 2011, 09:31 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
funny how the different power readings we all get and the common thing that is different are the esc's.weird.I have an 80 hv ice in mine.powerlines won it,I stole it when he wasnt looking as My ice 100 took a dump and i had to send it in.Dnt want to wait for it to get back to fly..So,do I keep his 80 HV ice?(dnt even know they existed till this one hehe) and give him my ice 100?or put i t back on and return the 80 hv?LOL the Ice is back.Fastest turn around castle has even done me.AWSOME!I'll leave it up to him I dont wanna touch my 71 slick.It flies just like my 89...perfect.
Jun 05, 2011, 09:33 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
funny how the different power readings we all get and the common thing that is different are the esc's.weird.I have an 80 hv ice in mine.powerlines won it,I stole it when he wasnt looking as My ice 100 took a dump and i had to send it in.Dnt want to wait for it to get back to fly..So,do I keep his 80 HV ice?(dnt even know they existed till this one hehe) and give him my ice 100?or put i t back on and return the 80 hv?LOL the Ice is back.Fastest turn around castle has even done me.AWSOME!I'll leave it up to him I dont wanna touch my 71 slick.It flies just like my 89...perfect.
if the 80hv is working, keep it! if it aint broke, dont fix it.


man, now you got me wanting to take all the gear out of my vyper and try out my 4320 on a 71 slick (that i cant afford right now). you think the 4320 would be good with a 19x10 instead of the 18x10?
Jun 05, 2011, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
4320 on the 71 slick?
Yes, and balance shouldn't be an issue at all as I was able to balance just fine with the lighter Scorpion. Going to the 4325 from the Scorpion was a 100gram increase.
Jun 05, 2011, 09:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
if the 80hv is working, keep it! if it aint broke, dont fix it.


man, now you got me wanting to take all the gear out of my vyper and try out my 4320 on a 71 slick (that i cant afford right now). you think the 4320 would be good with a 19x10 instead of the 18x10?
Well I plan to try it. My amps are 69a with the 4325, and the 4320 is only a little bit shorter and 10kv less which is probably negligible. My temps are below 110F with the 4325 so I'm comfortable that the temps should be ok. Like any new setup, I'll be easy on it with short moments of pushing it hard, with many landings and temp readings. I also have a 19x8 if the 19x10 is too much. I actually have a pretty good feeling it's going to be awesome.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 06:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 07:31 AM