May 10, 2011, 10:25 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Yeah settig the fixed endpoints like that is how i got my endpoints at 64High and 67Low.
Still trying to see adjusting them again is going to do much other than bring full throttle on at a lower stick postion?

So I do the fixed endpoints I get 64 high and the 67 low. So now I SHOULD have a linear curve going on. Now I get motor movement from the first click or so of the throttle stick(yes I hstill have the ratchet on the throttle) (like it should) BUT I dont get any real power (over say 250 or so watts) until I hit like 3/4 throttle. At 3/4 throttle i go from say that 250 watts to my 2500watts at 100%. That alot of power in a small amount of stick movement. If I continue to adjust my high endpoints I will move where the esc see 100% throttle lower on the stick but I will not get any more power past that point. If I move the lower end down I will not get motor movment until that point is reached in the stick movment???????

Sorry I am just a bit confused
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
OOPS
throttle curves are tough lol.
May 10, 2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Yeah settig the fixed endpoints like that is how i got my endpoints at 64High and 67Low.
Still trying to see adjusting them again is going to do much other than bring full throttle on at a lower stick postion?

So I do the fixed endpoints I get 64 high and the 67 low. So now I SHOULD have a linear curve going on. Now I get motor movement from the first click or so of the throttle stick(yes I hstill have the ratchet on the throttle) (like it should) BUT I dont get any real power (over say 250 or so watts) until I hit like 3/4 throttle. At 3/4 throttle i go from say that 250 watts to my 2500watts at 100%. That alot of power in a small amount of stick movement. If I continue to adjust my high endpoints I will move where the esc see 100% throttle lower on the stick but I will not get any more power past that point. If I move the lower end down I will not get motor movment until that point is reached in the stick movment???????

Sorry I am just a bit confused
Strange It has always worked for me
May 10, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
throttle curves are tough lol.
Manta if you get a chance can you post up your curve on the 70 please. Thanks
May 10, 2011, 10:33 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Manta if you get a chance can you post up your curve on the 70 please. Thanks
yep.thought I would tomorrow.my tx is out in the camper right now.I thought I'd try to get a picture too if the screen on my tx will show up on the camera.
May 10, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Nice! A pic is worth a thousand words.

Chris I am going to have to try the endpoint thing tomorrow. I am very curious to see how it will feel
May 10, 2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Nice! A pic is worth a thousand words.

Chris I am going to have to try the endpoint thing tomorrow. I am very curious to see how it will feel
Before I do the endpoints I get a similar curve as you. Almost no power until 3/4 stick. After adjustment I hover at half stick. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
May 10, 2011, 10:42 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Will do!
May 10, 2011, 10:49 PM
OOPS
I just watched the video.I do l ike the setting of the curve in the center at 50.never thought to try that.but thats not really a curve me thinks.A curve is where you smooth out/make throttle less changeable at a certain point on the stick so that small movements when you are changing throttle like in a hover wont affect motor speed that much right?
I do the endpoint deal on all my castle escs too..beats automatic mode.
May 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
OOPS
so probly being arouind 50%at half throttle either way may be a good idea even with the curve like we are doing??dunno,but dont wanna touch mine hehehehe
May 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
I just watched the video.I do l ike the setting of the curve in the center at 50.never thought to try that.but thats not really a curve me thinks.A curve is where you smooth out/make throttle less changeable at a certain point on the stick so that small movements when you are changing throttle like in a hover wont affect motor speed that much right?
You don't need to set the curve at all on a plane. That was only for helis during throttle calibration.
May 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
OOPS
oh i know.it does help tho for shakey thumbs like mine who cant seem to be smooth at the same time changing rudder.
May 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
See form the factory your throttle cuve is set (5 point curve)
1:0 (no throttle)
2:25
3:50 (this is mid stick)
4:75
5:100 (full throttle)
If you have a 7 point curve the mid stick is still 50% and 1 amd 7 are still 0 and 100
May 11, 2011, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Very nice pics!!!! The red one looks a bit stripped though
For some reason I like nekkid planes!
May 11, 2011, 06:04 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
Quote:
...hovering is around 1/2 throttle for me but still has much more power to give on the upper end of the throttle stick

Ok I snuck out and got my radio. Here is my curve:

1: 0
2:45
3:72
4:90
5:100

Again I know it sounds steep but on my 8fg with my castle HV120 (on fixed endpoints) this is a very smooth linear feeling throtte curve.
Thanks Losi! I may not get to this for a while but I wrote down the numbers and will try this on my 12FG. Probably on the Sbach conversion first as I am still tweaking that one and it is most in need of taming right now (and my new 71" is shipping for Friday). Dana

Quick Reply