Thread Tools
Old May 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Yeah settig the fixed endpoints like that is how i got my endpoints at 64High and 67Low.
Still trying to see adjusting them again is going to do much other than bring full throttle on at a lower stick postion?

So I do the fixed endpoints I get 64 high and the 67 low. So now I SHOULD have a linear curve going on. Now I get motor movement from the first click or so of the throttle stick(yes I hstill have the ratchet on the throttle) (like it should) BUT I dont get any real power (over say 250 or so watts) until I hit like 3/4 throttle. At 3/4 throttle i go from say that 250 watts to my 2500watts at 100%. That alot of power in a small amount of stick movement. If I continue to adjust my high endpoints I will move where the esc see 100% throttle lower on the stick but I will not get any more power past that point. If I move the lower end down I will not get motor movment until that point is reached in the stick movment???????

Sorry I am just a bit confused
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 11:26 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
throttle curves are tough lol.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:28 PM
ambientech is offline
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Yeah settig the fixed endpoints like that is how i got my endpoints at 64High and 67Low.
Still trying to see adjusting them again is going to do much other than bring full throttle on at a lower stick postion?

So I do the fixed endpoints I get 64 high and the 67 low. So now I SHOULD have a linear curve going on. Now I get motor movement from the first click or so of the throttle stick(yes I hstill have the ratchet on the throttle) (like it should) BUT I dont get any real power (over say 250 or so watts) until I hit like 3/4 throttle. At 3/4 throttle i go from say that 250 watts to my 2500watts at 100%. That alot of power in a small amount of stick movement. If I continue to adjust my high endpoints I will move where the esc see 100% throttle lower on the stick but I will not get any more power past that point. If I move the lower end down I will not get motor movment until that point is reached in the stick movment???????

Sorry I am just a bit confused
Strange It has always worked for me
Old May 10, 2011, 11:29 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
throttle curves are tough lol.
Manta if you get a chance can you post up your curve on the 70 please. Thanks
Old May 10, 2011, 11:33 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Manta if you get a chance can you post up your curve on the 70 please. Thanks
yep.thought I would tomorrow.my tx is out in the camper right now.I thought I'd try to get a picture too if the screen on my tx will show up on the camera.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Nice! A pic is worth a thousand words.



Chris I am going to have to try the endpoint thing tomorrow. I am very curious to see how it will feel
Old May 10, 2011, 11:41 PM
ambientech is offline
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Nice! A pic is worth a thousand words.



Chris I am going to have to try the endpoint thing tomorrow. I am very curious to see how it will feel
Before I do the endpoints I get a similar curve as you. Almost no power until 3/4 stick. After adjustment I hover at half stick. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:42 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Will do!
Old May 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
I just watched the video.I do l ike the setting of the curve in the center at 50.never thought to try that.but thats not really a curve me thinks.A curve is where you smooth out/make throttle less changeable at a certain point on the stick so that small movements when you are changing throttle like in a hover wont affect motor speed that much right?
I do the endpoint deal on all my castle escs too..beats automatic mode.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
so probly being arouind 50%at half throttle either way may be a good idea even with the curve like we are doing??dunno,but dont wanna touch mine hehehehe
Old May 10, 2011, 11:54 PM
ambientech is offline
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I just watched the video.I do l ike the setting of the curve in the center at 50.never thought to try that.but thats not really a curve me thinks.A curve is where you smooth out/make throttle less changeable at a certain point on the stick so that small movements when you are changing throttle like in a hover wont affect motor speed that much right?
I do the endpoint deal on all my castle escs too..beats automatic mode.
You don't need to set the curve at all on a plane. That was only for helis during throttle calibration.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:56 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
oh i know.it does help tho for shakey thumbs like mine who cant seem to be smooth at the same time changing rudder.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:25 AM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I just watched the video.I do l ike the setting of the curve in the center at 50.never thought to try that.but thats not really a curve me thinks.A curve is where you smooth out/make throttle less changeable at a certain point on the stick so that small movements when you are changing throttle like in a hover wont affect motor speed that much right?
I do the endpoint deal on all my castle escs too..beats automatic mode.
See form the factory your throttle cuve is set (5 point curve)
1:0 (no throttle)
2:25
3:50 (this is mid stick)
4:75
5:100 (full throttle)
If you have a 7 point curve the mid stick is still 50% and 1 amd 7 are still 0 and 100
Old May 11, 2011, 01:42 AM
grubby is offline
Find More Posts by grubby
Registered User
grubby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Very nice pics!!!! The red one looks a bit stripped though
For some reason I like nekkid planes!
Old May 11, 2011, 07:04 AM
danamania is offline
Find More Posts by danamania
Advocating for RC Aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
...hovering is around 1/2 throttle for me but still has much more power to give on the upper end of the throttle stick

Ok I snuck out and got my radio. Here is my curve:

1: 0
2:45
3:72
4:90
5:100

Again I know it sounds steep but on my 8fg with my castle HV120 (on fixed endpoints) this is a very smooth linear feeling throtte curve.
Thanks Losi! I may not get to this for a while but I wrote down the numbers and will try this on my 12FG. Probably on the Sbach conversion first as I am still tweaking that one and it is most in need of taming right now (and my new 71" is shipping for Friday). Dana


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 3D hobby shop 51" slick or 55" SHP? appleflyer 3D Flying 24 Mar 24, 2009 07:29 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop's AJ Slick Clark Warfel Electric Plane Talk 3 May 08, 2008 08:31 AM