29 Palms - High Desert - RC Glider - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 27, 2009, 01:44 AM
Discussion

29 Palms - High Desert - RC Glider

Hi,

I am new to this forum and to this hobby. Right now, I try to figure out if there are any RC glider pilots in this area (29/Yucca/Palm Springs). I try to get some connections and guidance to have a great time with RC glider.

Thanks for your input.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hey I live in Big Bear and i'm new to this and I was looking for a club or field near me...Do you know of any?
Sep 07, 2009, 03:27 PM

I don't no any clubs here

I seems to be that we have the same problem. I'd prefer to make the first steps with some experienced flyers... . But I think I'll be on my own. What glider do you have?
Sep 07, 2009, 05:42 PM
One update on my last post. I heard about a place close to Joshua Tree/Yucca Valley, there is supposed to be a dry lake and some guys are flying there on weekends. Haven't seen it yet and met somebody. And there should be something close to Palms Springs. I think I have to check this out.
Sep 11, 2009, 09:44 PM

Yuma Area?

Hi Everyone, I have a retired friend who came out and watched me fly my gliders and he got turned on to it. He goes to Yuma for 6 months each winter and was wondering if there are any glider clubs in the area. Are there any? If so could you let me know and I'll pass on the info to him. Thanks. Ray
Sep 18, 2009, 11:57 PM

Clubs in Yuma or here in 29Palms

Where is he looking for clubs?
Sep 19, 2009, 12:03 AM

Hi DocS

Dave my neighbor is not home right now. But I'll ask him when he is and get back to you. Thanks for the reply...Ray
Oct 01, 2009, 05:29 PM

Finally DocS

My neighbour lives 2 blocks from the hospital in Yuma. So he is looking for a club to learn to fly gliders within driving distance of there. Thanks Ray
Sep 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
there is a hobby store in yucca valley , you can ask the owner of this store more info, about clubs ,they are flying on a dry lake close to jashua tree , the best thing ever ,you can land and take off any direction very nice people too, i flew there several times good times
Sep 18, 2015, 08:48 PM

Rc gliders

Hello I am the wife of a glider rc pilot here in 29 palms here is his number name is Mike 541-206-3118
Monica