Schulze Isl 6-330 d discharge programming - RC Groups
Aug 23, 2009, 06:51 PM
Help!

Schulze Isl 6-330 d discharge programming

I am trying to figure out how to setup my isl 6-330 charger to discharge my batteries for storage. For that I would like to set it up to discharge a fixed amount of battery capacity and then stop automatically. For example set is so that discharge stops after it has removed 1000mah from the battery. Otherwise I have to watch it and make sure it doesn't drain the battery completely and ruin it in the process.

I have gone over the manual but it is so cryptic that it is hard to figure out more advance functions. Does anyone know if that is possible with isl 6-330 and if so how can I program it?

Thanks in advance for any help
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2009, 06:42 AM
Giz
Giz
Tony Rogers
You could charge up after you have flown and limit the charge delivered by setting the charge limit. That's what I do manually as I always have my charge limit set too 99999.
Aug 24, 2009, 09:04 AM
It's much more usual to discharge until the battery reaches a preset voltage (which prevents it getting over-discharged). The isl6-330 can do that I believe.

Steve
Aug 24, 2009, 09:26 AM
The charge limit setting doesn't seem to have any effect. It seems to continue on past the set limit. Is there a special charge program that I need to use to make the charger honor that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz
You could charge up after you have flown and limit the charge delivered by setting the charge limit. That's what I do manually as I always have my charge limit set too 99999.
Aug 24, 2009, 09:29 AM
Slipstick I agree. Usually I keep my batteries charged so that I can go fly when the opportunity arises. But sometimes you know you won't be flying a battery for a while or it is the end of the season here in the NE and the battery needs to stored. I have already ruined one battery but forgetting that it was on discharge and charger simply kept on going until completely empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick
It's much more usual to discharge until the battery reaches a preset voltage (which prevents it getting over-discharged). The isl6-330 can do that I believe.

Steve