Aug 23, 2009, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Honey Bee FP electronics problem

I just bought a used HBFP and am new to the heli hobby. It has a 72mhz tx and a esky mixer speed gyro. When I turn on the tx and plug in the battery everything boots up just fine and the green light comes on solid. Once I throttle up the green light on the gyro flashes from red to green and the servos start to spasm and go up and down and jump all over very quickly. I have tried two different batteries so not sure if it is a battery problem, but could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Last edited by davemedd; Aug 23, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2009, 05:49 PM
I've never encountered this problem really. Do the servos rest themself properly when you plug the battery in and only spasm when you throttle or give cyclic input? And do the motors spool up fine when you throttle it? I'd check the wires to make sure there is no damage to any of the wires. Potentially water damage or something came loose in the 4 in 1 from a bad crash which is pretty rare but not impossible. If one of the servos isn't reseting itself properly you likely have a stripped gear inside it. Although if it's both servos going strange I'd suspect the 4 in 1.
Aug 23, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your reply. It seems to happen only when I throttle up, and only when I am at about 1/4 throttle or up. Both servos go haywire and spasm. I will check all the wires and make sure nothing is loose on the 4 in 1. I guess if I dont find anything I will try a new 4 in 1.
Aug 24, 2009, 12:01 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Look closely at the power connector. With sloppy handling the strands break within a wire, leaving only a few intact. There is a lot of resistance loss at that point, which would not be apparent at no or low throttle, but quite apparent above that.

If the power wires feel warm after running it up, replace them.
Aug 24, 2009, 06:43 AM
dze
dze
sounds like a bad case of esky tx scratchy pots. its happened to every esky tx ive owned and once it was like that right out of the box .. the solution that has worked every time for me is to open the tx and use a can of spray silicon with the extension nozzle to wash out the pots. Theres an opening in the potentiometers near the terminals u can get the nozzle into. I would put it at 90% probability that is the problem, alittle spray and work the sticks real good and it should be fine.
http://images.maplin.co.uk/full/N35FZ.jpg
Last edited by dze; Aug 24, 2009 at 06:48 AM.
Aug 25, 2009, 08:08 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys for the response and help. This weekend I am going to hopefully get the problem fixed.

Quick Reply