Aug 23, 2009, 01:49 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Thread OP
New Product

From Slow Stick AP to Slow Stick FPV

I have been flying Slow Sticks for AP and Video for a few years now and have loved it. It has always been my goal to eventually do some FPV. When selecting a camera platform for my first FPV I finally settled on a Slow Stick since it has been such a great photo / video platform for me in the past. I started looking around for mounting a camera with pan / tilt to the Slow Stick and really did not find anything out there. Anyway, I wanted a pod that would go over the planes CG, hang low enough to get below the prop, and also provide a place for all the gear. It also needed to cary the FPV battery for the video Tx, camera, and mic etc. As a result, I drew up in cad and had this Camera Pod (pan / tilt) laser-cut for me by JTechLaser.com -- great job JTechLaser!

I am sharing it here as there might be several people like me that have been doing Slow Stick AP that have been wanting to change over and start doing some FPV. Attached is my first FPV video and some photos of the camera pod. Since some people on the FPV forum showed interest in the pod, I had several cut out and they are available at http://www.blueskyrc.com

Slow Stick Camera Pod (FPV with pan / tilt) (1 min 4 sec)

My First FPV Slow Stick (4 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2009, 01:57 PM
Nice video
BUT!!
Take the prop OUT!![U]
As a pusher..or up 3" as today
This is a MUST Thing!! as the video is nice but the prop is :
ALL OVER THE VIEW.
**thats is what I would do..
Guy
Aug 23, 2009, 02:13 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Thread OP
Guy, I actually don't mind the prop when flying FPV -- It gives me some reference to the plane in perspective to the ground. I actually have exactly what I want right now in FPV. If I was just flying video and did not want prop, I will use my Twin Boom pusher that I designed for for video and future FPV. My FPV gear will also be going on this plane in the near future.
Last edited by Qrome; Aug 23, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Aug 24, 2009, 09:28 AM
Qrome, that is a great video. I like your SS and your twin boomer. Looking forward to seeing the twin boomer FPV.
Aug 24, 2009, 11:24 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Thread OP
Thanks Quail. I am enjoying the Slow Stick on FPV right now, but I too can't wait to get it setup on my Twin Boom -- it is a much smoother platform.

Quick Reply