Aug 23, 2009, 05:19 AM
New Product

Alfa 's new Tempest mk V !!!

http://www.alfamodel.cz/

Looks great in the air... rudder must be functionnal

Hoping for a near release.
Last edited by Manu Simon; Aug 23, 2009 at 05:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2009, 05:57 AM
Former Durafly Brand Manager
WOOOH, I only checked yesterday. Nice one Alfa, see looks really very nice. And here I was thinking that I had brought my last Alfa! (only because I'm moving onto big models BTW, nothing to do with Alfa )

Off to watch the video again...
Aug 23, 2009, 06:12 AM
Ok, you know it looks even better watching it again. It seems as if it does have a rudder, you can clearly see it being used in the stall turns and over used in the turns too, hence the twitching of the tail I guess. If it where the basic model (as per Bf109f) we'd only see aileron and elevator control. But with rudder also I'm beginning to think the Temptest will be offered as a 'full house' bird, flaps retracts and all, as the rudder will be needed at the very least for taxi control.

Tempest MkV with retract would look very sweet, nice wide track too. But this is all purely speculative. One thing for certain is that Alfa have made a great choice, and hot on the heals of the Bf109F. Funny thing is I've just finished reading Pierre Colstalmans 'The Big Show' for the second time and was thinking how nice it would be to have an Alfa sized Temptest

One other thing. I hope the invasion strips are painted onto the model. I doubt water slide decal invasion strips would go down very well considering how people loathed them on the D9. Time will tell. So who's going to email Alfa 1st for the release date

Anybody want to buy a Bf109F
Aug 23, 2009, 07:17 AM
Have to agree - it looks fantastic. Must be three axis control looking at those (sort of) stall turns. This is definitely on the top of my wish list with the Alfa MiG 21.
Aug 23, 2009, 07:45 AM
Wow...YES!!!!
First an FSK Hurricane and now a Alfa Tempest Mk5, with invasions stripes and in Roland Beamont's letters. Couldn't get much better.
Going to be an expensive year whenever these two come out .
Thanks for posting the link
Cheers Mike
Aug 23, 2009, 08:50 AM
Long live the Nuge!!!

Aarrrrrrrgh! This @#$%#! hobby!!

Ok so if I sell a kidney I may be able to afford to keep up with all the cool planes I want to get (FSK Hurricane, EDF F-16) and now the Tempest!! Way to go Alfa I am drooling. But it will have to wait a while
Aug 23, 2009, 08:53 AM
Looks great interesting little waggle in those slow flyby canopy shots....

CG is going to be interesting!

Mike
Aug 23, 2009, 10:00 AM
At 390 gr with big MP-JET 35D and 1200 mah 3S airframe must be rather small.... very similiar in size to the mk V Spit I guess.

The Alfa box limitation probably requested this one to be scaled down a bit more than others. The Bf 109 was announced at 420 gr with similar setup... and it is definitively bigger than the Spit .
Aug 23, 2009, 11:06 AM
looks smaller than their other warbirds.....any specs? I'm guessing it's under 24 inches long.
Aug 23, 2009, 11:21 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Hot damn!

The Tempest is such an awesome looking shape. I just wonder how that oil-cooler/intake(?) scoop will hold up on belly landings
Aug 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
Blam!
Oh man, why did I have to see that.... Now I want one
Aug 23, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hmm they seem to like Nightwish with T. Turunen more than A. Ohlzon.. (soundtrack on film..)
But the plane is nice too
Aug 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Guys,
What is the typical turn-over between the planes appearing on their site and the availability?

It seems like the Mig-21 has been on there for a while.

I want that one almost as bad as I want a Tempest.

Soooo many awesome planes to buy now.

Eflite P-40
Parkzone Bf-109
Parkzone Micro P-51
Eflite MSR
Alfa Mig21

Now... the Alfa Tempest!!
Aug 23, 2009, 07:07 PM
If its going into production, it typically takes around 3-4 months until its ready to order.

I too would like the Mig21 and the Tempest, but funds dictate that I'll have to wait at least until christmas. Saying that I have an mpjet gear motor that would be perfect for the Tempest, so its perfect timing really all things considered
Aug 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
Blam!
If I remember correctly the BF-109 was up there for months before it was available