Thread Tools
Oct 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Congratulations to Aaron and Edi for victory, and Andrea, Gianni and Thomas for the podium!

Greetings to all

Joan.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2011, 09:38 PM
Registered User
BACKEMFNRG's Avatar
Thank you for the pictures, very nice.

What is odd is that there are very few younger drivers in RC motorcycles.

I wonder why this is?
Oct 19, 2011, 02:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray schrauwen
Thank you for the pictures, very nice.
What is odd is that there are very few younger drivers in RC motorcycles.
I wonder why this is?
You need patience at the beginning.....
Oct 19, 2011, 05:27 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
You need patience at the beginning.....
How very true edi. Truer words were never spoken!!! My son has fought me all the way on how and why bikes will never catch on here in Michigan. We have one of the largest RC car racing states in the Country and the guys are just amused when I bring out the bikes, but show no interest in trying one out.
My son says (who is a natural talent in this stuff) "Who is going to take the time to learn how to ride these things, let alone develope the skill to race them? Especially the "Joe Average" guys that can never develope into above average racers". It seems the "have it now" generation is not willing to take the time or see the "payoff" of "having some patience"...
Oct 19, 2011, 06:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave
How very true edi. Truer words were never spoken!!! My son has fought me all the way on how and why bikes will never catch on here in Michigan. We have one of the largest RC car racing states in the Country and the guys are just amused when I bring out the bikes, but show no interest in trying one out.
My son says (who is a natural talent in this stuff) "Who is going to take the time to learn how to ride these things, let alone develope the skill to race them? Especially the "Joe Average" guys that can never develope into above average racers". It seems the "have it now" generation is not willing to take the time or see the "payoff" of "having some patience"...
Yes thats the problem in a way. Everyone wants to take a model out of a box and be able to "do" it. Unluckally this isnīt possible even with a perfectly adjusted bike. You need some help until you can get it going.

On the other hand the main fun about bikes is that its not easy:
If I think how many laps I have been driving on my hometrack and just had about a dozen "perfect" laps. I just checked a few of my races. On a average race weekend I can only do a single "clean" 10 minute run without crashing. Thats what keeps you doing it without loosing interest.
Oct 19, 2011, 08:55 AM
Registered User
621clay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
Yes thats the problem in a way. Everyone wants to take a model out of a box and be able to "do" it. Unluckally this isnīt possible even with a perfectly adjusted bike. You need some help until you can get it going.

On the other hand the main fun about bikes is that its not easy:
If I think how many laps I have been driving on my hometrack and just had about a dozen "perfect" laps. I just checked a few of my races. On a average race weekend I can only do a single "clean" 10 minute run without crashing. Thats what keeps you doing it without loosing interest.
This is what keeps me in this hobby most of all.....
Oct 19, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
stubbyphilips's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
You need patience at the beginning.....

Truth from the WC
Oct 21, 2011, 09:14 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
I just got my November 2011 issue of Cycleworld magazine.
In it there's an article on a great racer of the past, Gary Nixon, by Kevin Cameron.
I quote something that applies to owr own Edi.

In talking about then-new slick tires and also new to racers disc brakes, but it applies to other forms of bike and rc bike racing, as well:

"the ability to exploit new capabilities before others perceive them is part of being a motorcycle champion"
Oct 21, 2011, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Thanks *blushes*
Oct 21, 2011, 05:20 PM
Registered User
BACKEMFNRG's Avatar
Cool quote Steliosh.
Oct 28, 2011, 03:42 AM
Registered User
Lately the bike has been ripping up belts on a daily basis.
Further the 48pitch spurs gave way on the slightest mishap.
So I have updated to a new "bando" belt system and a 32pitch
gearing.
Now the bike cracked a pinion *arrrgh* this driving me crazy!!
Oct 28, 2011, 03:52 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
silly question: Have you checked your ball bearings supporting the swingarm lately?
Oct 28, 2011, 03:57 AM
Registered User
HAHA good one stelios as you know this cant be a issue on the jabber..
and the bearings on the layshaft are okay. Its just the amount of grip and
power thats ripping up everything.
Oct 28, 2011, 04:50 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
I guess you have checked it already, but... bent axle maybe?
Edit: hmmm... what have you changed to do that?
I recall the bike was plenty fast last time at Riccione... Is it faster even, now?
Oct 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
Registered User
Bastelpeter's Avatar
From Engineer to Engineer.... A reinforcement ring could bee an approach. Or, perhaps (andmaybeIamtotallywrong) less tighten the screw


@ Steliosh: I get scared too, if Eddi gets even faster
Cheers,
Peter


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oops, must stop showing off wildpalms Parkflyers 6 Aug 08, 2012 02:46 AM
OFF TOPIC: Pics From Air Show ProLeisure Slope 1 Aug 26, 2003 01:10 PM
Showing Off Corona at Flyin Breakfast AirVenture Electric Heli Talk 2 Jul 13, 2003 01:00 PM
New prototype from China microflyer77 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 8 Sep 10, 2002 04:55 PM
Showing off with the Mini Max Vonbaron Parkflyers 1 May 15, 2002 01:14 PM