Thread Tools
Jan 07, 2013, 09:13 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
nemoskull's Avatar
no! i love that plane.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed
Just saw on HH website that the P-51 is no longer available. I was thinking it may be
(re)released, sometime in the near future, with AS3X.


Looks like HH is discontinuing all their old 1S micros. The Sukhoi xp was also discontinued recently.
Jan 07, 2013, 09:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5


Looks like HH is discontinuing all their old 1S micros. The Sukhoi xp was also discontinued recently.

Actually the Sukhoi is the is the only one back ordered. The mustang and others are still available in a bind and fly only.
Jan 07, 2013, 10:10 PM
Registered User
I would buy a micro mustang with the same level of detail as the other new little warbirds. Even if its still 1s. A tame 2S brushless with a long run-time and thrust somewhere between the brushed micros and the Beast would be nice. Of course lots of us would replace the motor with Beast/Sbach motors :-)

I thought the Mustang was a nice looking Micro 'til the Spitfire arrived (and now the P-40).
Jan 07, 2013, 11:15 PM
Heli's rule!
dacaur's Avatar
BNF is still in stock....
Jan 21, 2013, 05:09 AM
I review RC Products
GBLynden's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur
BNF is still in stock....
That is good to hear! This is an UM classic.
Jan 21, 2013, 05:49 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikankrachuhmoll
I thought the Mustang was a nice looking Micro 'til the Spitfire arrived (and now the P-40).
The Mustang still sports a 2 blade prop and doesn't have the cool looking camo paint scheme like the Spit and P-40, but with a little work..... the Spit 4 blade prop on the P-51 will definately improve it....
Jan 21, 2013, 05:00 PM
I review RC Products
GBLynden's Avatar
This was fun even though the crosswind didn't help with the landing. This is also the only video of me flying my P-51.

Parkzone P-51 Ultra Micro tearing up the skies over Lynden. (2 min 55 sec)


Edit:

So I offically got in one more flight after this and my P-51 is dead. The engine that is. Everything works but that. I am very happy I got this on video. I have no idea how to change out the motor, but hopefully it isn't too much of a chore.

GB
Last edited by GBLynden; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
Jan 22, 2013, 10:38 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
This was fun even though the crosswind didn't help with the landing. This is also the only video of me flying my P-51.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqT3OCe7sjo

Edit:

So I offically got in one more flight after this and my P-51 is dead. The engine that is. Everything works but that. I am very happy I got this on video. I have no idea how to change out the motor, but hopefully it isn't too much of a chore.

GB
It is VERY VERY simple - leave the gearbox where it is and simply swap out the metal motor itself. If I recall, it takes a litttle wiggling and a pair of tweezers to get the wire under and around the board, so pay attention to how it looks before you start working on it. ALSO - PAY ATTENTION TO how it plugs in. I think there are three holes for the plug, but only two pins. I think the first time I plugged mine in wrong and got a very serious surprise when i plugged the bat in - not sure, but if I recall (2 yrs ago) it was completely backwards and full throttle was zero throttle.

May have been a different plane, but in any case, mark, make notes, and you'll be happier for it!
Jan 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
This was fun even though the crosswind didn't help with the landing. This is also the only video of me flying my P-51.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqT3OCe7sjo

Edit:

So I offically got in one more flight after this and my P-51 is dead. The engine that is. Everything works but that. I am very happy I got this on video. I have no idea how to change out the motor, but hopefully it isn't too much of a chore.

GB
Nows a good time to upgrade it to a bravo SX motor for 20-30% more static thrust and better longevity.

'RCbabbel' sells the motor ready to plug in, but if you're keen on learning something new you can buy a pinion puller and SX motor for around the same price and do it yourself. You would need to remove the pinion and power plug from the stock dead motor and put them on the new SX motor.
Jan 23, 2013, 06:36 AM
I review RC Products
GBLynden's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
It is VERY VERY simple - leave the gearbox where it is and simply swap out the metal motor itself. If I recall, it takes a litttle wiggling and a pair of tweezers to get the wire under and around the board, so pay attention to how it looks before you start working on it. ALSO - PAY ATTENTION TO how it plugs in. I think there are three holes for the plug, but only two pins. I think the first time I plugged mine in wrong and got a very serious surprise when i plugged the bat in - not sure, but if I recall (2 yrs ago) it was completely backwards and full throttle was zero throttle.

May have been a different plane, but in any case, mark, make notes, and you'll be happier for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Nows a good time to upgrade it to a bravo SX motor for 20-30% more static thrust and better longevity.

'RCbabbel' sells the motor ready to plug in, but if you're keen on learning something new you can buy a pinion puller and SX motor for around the same price and do it yourself. You would need to remove the pinion and power plug from the stock dead motor and put them on the new SX motor.
Thank you guys! I am strongly considering getting the SX motor.
Jan 23, 2013, 07:48 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Thank you guys! I am strongly considering getting the SX motor.
You won't be sorry. A bit expensive, but will last as long as 5 stock motors and, if you get the same results I did, you won't believe what it does for your mustang! I've had a BALL with mine. Interesting, I never felt like it did much for my corsair, but the Mustang feels like it's on steroids with that motor.

Mustang Madness 1 (2 min 29 sec)
Jan 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
Registered User
I have many 1s micros and no motor ever burned. Watching your videos the only explanation for your burned motors is that you fly the whole time full throttle. The planes fly with half throttle, too.
Jan 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian01
I have many 1s micros and no motor ever burned. Watching your videos the only explanation for your burned motors is that you fly the whole time full throttle. The planes fly with half throttle, too.
Hah! But only half as fast!!
Jan 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian01
I have many 1s micros and no motor ever burned. Watching your videos the only explanation for your burned motors is that you fly the whole time full throttle. The planes fly with half throttle, too.
Even if you don't fly at full throttle, it will happen eventually. Those little brushes will eventually burn out, even if you don't fly WOT. Sure enough, they will last longer is you don't drive too much current, but no matter what, it's a question of time. Brushless motors last forever, but brushes are brushes....

So, if you put 200 flights in one season, you're likely to change one motor, maybe two. But if you have 5 ultra-micro, and you fly them only 40 times each, sure enough, they will last a long time. But again, no matter what, eventually, you'll have to change a brushed motor....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 15" Parkzone Micro Cessna 210 flyingace451 Micro Ready-to-Fly 16 Aug 09, 2007 04:11 PM
Discussion parkzone Micro Cessna 210 RTF mecevans Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Apr 30, 2007 01:14 AM
Alert Parkzone Micro Cessna Hugequark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 28 Apr 18, 2007 01:38 PM
New Product parkzone micro cessna gunracer Parkflyers 18 Apr 16, 2007 05:01 PM