Aug 18, 2009, 02:50 PM
Discussion

What does WOT mean?

Okay...complete forum/hobby noob question!

I've been around the forms the past couple months, getting back into the hobby. However, I'm not use to some of the abbreviations I see, like WOT.

What does WOT mean?

What are some other common abbreviations that people are using on the forum...and their meanings?

Thanks all!!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2009, 02:59 PM
wide open throttle
Aug 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks rafe_b!

For the life of me I could think what it stood for.
Aug 18, 2009, 03:47 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithink2020

I've been around the forms the past couple months, getting back into the hobby. However, I'm not use to some of the abbreviations I see, like WOT.

What does WOT mean?

What are some other common abbreviations that people are using on the forum...and their meanings?

Thanks all!!!
A few:
Fuse = Fuselage
LE = Leading Edge
TE = Trailing edge
AUW = All up weight ready to fly
Any more just ask.
boomer
Aug 18, 2009, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithink2020

What does WOT mean?

Thanks all!!!
WOT= Who's on Third?
Aug 18, 2009, 04:31 PM
The RC airplane hobby is the only place I know where "maiden" is a verb. It still strikes me as weird.
Aug 18, 2009, 06:05 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Maiden flight = first initial flight
OHH SH..!! = plane has crashed

Latest blog entry: A servo mounting tech-tip
Aug 18, 2009, 06:09 PM
Been There! Done That!
"Now Watch This!" = Crash will happen in a few seconds. (usually used when being observed by several non flyers in awe of your flying skills! )
boomer
Aug 18, 2009, 07:00 PM
Glenn
Some RC pilots use the the abbreviation IC meaning internal combustion, Why can't say just glow or gas!
Aug 18, 2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone! Not only I'm I getting lessons, but a laugh too!
Aug 18, 2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellington53
Some RC pilots use the the abbreviation IC meaning internal combustion, Why can't say just glow or gas!
Save three syllables in the process. I'm all for it. OTOH, "slimer" and "gasser" are even shorter.
Aug 18, 2009, 09:09 PM
Off we go.............
Geuss whether its shorter depend on if you are typing it, or saying it.

Am watching 2001 a Space Oddessey, and well it got me to thinking how much longer it takes to speak a command to Hal, than it does to simply push a button.
I mean Dave is standing right in front of the pod, and turns his head to tell Hal to open the pod door. Seems he could more easily raised his hand and pushed a button to open the door and in less time, and this would be even worse if like us, he had to type the command in.
Of course later on in the film, its made very obvious how stupid it was to have Hal in control of so much. Deadly stupid.
Aug 18, 2009, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEWorm
WOT= Who's on Third?
I Don't Know.

Bill
Aug 18, 2009, 10:23 PM
Off we go.............
I actually knew a fellow who thought it was for "Wing on Top"
Aug 19, 2009, 04:14 AM
North East England
Isn't S.O.B. the most widely used one on here?

It seems to refer to anything and everything, such as; 'That S.O.B. receiver was glitching' or 'S.O.B ploughed straight in from 100 feet' or 'Some S.O.B. walked out as I was landing'.

Steve