View Poll Results: Which quadrocopters and/or tricopters do you fly?
Aeroquad 220 6.47%
Alien Jump Jet 49 1.44%
Alien Saucer 35 1.03%
Draganflyer DF-IV 35 1.03%
Draganflyer DF-V TI 24 0.71%
Draganflyer Experimental Brushless (Spectrolutions) 39 1.15%
Draganflyer X6 32 0.94%
Quadpowered 286 8.41%
Microdrone 59 1.73%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME 104 3.06%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME with NAVI 195 5.73%
Mini-Mixer quadrocopter 50 1.47%
Mini-Mixer tricopter 31 0.91%
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,646 48.40%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 796 23.40%
UAVP 76 2.23%
UAVP-NG 26 0.76%
UAVX 76 2.23%
Walkera UFO #4 36 1.06%
Walkera UFO #5 47 1.38%
Walkera UFO #8 40 1.18%
X-BL 34 1.00%
X-BL FunPilot 25 0.74%
X-BL Autopilot, ReasearchPilot, Hornet, Hummingbird, Falcon 14 0.41%
X-UFO 69 2.03%
Y-UFO LA Heli 25 0.74%
Y-UAVP 18 0.53%
Y-UAVX 30 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3401. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 04, 2016, 05:42 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Thread OP
Hi Bob,
I am humbled by your life-long love of R/C modeling and experience! You flew your first the year I was born... I would be happy to help. One of the treasured sage friends I have met on RCGroups is a Gent who lives in Australia. He is the genius behind the UAVX development. Look for a private message from me in the near future. Thanks you for your kind words about the Mega Index too!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard Kid
Jim, (Jesolins) I have just stumbled across your R/C groups thread and I am amazed at the amount of effort you have put into compiling that mega listing. I for one would like to thank you for your efforts as it is proving to be a big help to me in my quest for info on multirotor design and components.

I am a very experienced R/C modeller having flown my first R/C model in 1955 and from there I went on to establish Silvertone Electronics (1963) an Australian R/C manufacturing company which I owned for 50 years.
I sold Silvertone in 2013 and since then I have been flying occasionally for fun.

Lately however I have been working on a rather novel design for a compound quad/fixed wing aircraft and it is here that my trouble began.
I felt I was pretty conversant with fixed wing autonomous flight having started on auto flight back in 1995 but when it came time to tackle the quad controller and associated coding etc I very quickly realised things have moved on very rapidly indeed in that three years since I sold Silvertone I have completely lost the plot; particularly in the open source code area.

I just want to get hold of a reliable ready to install quad controller. I have no desire to start learning to write program code so any advice in this area would be most welcome.

Thus to find your mega thread was a godsend and I finally feel that there is hope for me after all. The amount of info on your thread is staggering. Just how I am going to find time to plough though just the thread alone let alone chase up all of the links remains to be seen. But try I will.

Thanks once again
Bob Young.
Sydney, Australia

Photo attached; Bob Young with Silvertone Flamingo UAVs.
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 20, 2016 at 08:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2016, 06:22 PM
Thanks Jim, I will look forward to your message.
Dec 20, 2016, 12:26 PM
Thread OP

Merry Christmas!!!....Yikes!!

Gents,
Please don't do this at Ho Ho Home...

HUMAN FLYING DRONE (4 min 13 sec)

HUMAN FLYING DRONE BEHIND THE SCENES (15 min 49 sec)

Cheers,
Jim
Jan 09, 2017, 12:28 AM
QuadRotorMOTOboater
I just finished reading the entire thread. One thing I couldn't find on the information links is motor sizes and statistics. There are so many available brushless and brushed motors out there. Inrunners, outrunners, .8mm ,1.0mm, and larger shafts for 'real' power sized motors. Is there a complete list out there with all the most reliable stuff with sized and specs. All in one place obv would be great. Awesome thread though. Probably the most compiled list in one place on any of the forums I've been able to find.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Hi s,
Thanks for your kind words! Glad you found it useful.

In the Motor and ESC Testing and Recommendations for Multicopters section of the index there are some TIPs and this database link listed:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...oto-M2814-11S)

Not a complete list but has good reliable multicopter motors listed.

What size are you multicopter are you building?

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by srREXed
I just finished reading the entire thread. One thing I couldn't find on the information links is motor sizes and statistics. There are so many available brushless and brushed motors out there. Inrunners, outrunners, .8mm ,1.0mm, and larger shafts for 'real' power sized motors. Is there a complete list out there with all the most reliable stuff with sized and specs. All in one place obv would be great. Awesome thread though. Probably the most compiled list in one place on any of the forums I've been able to find.
Nov 25, 2020, 08:48 AM
Suspended Account

detail

just finished reading the entire thread. One thing I couldn't find on the information links is motor sizes and statistics. There are so many available brushless and brushed motors out there. In runners, outrunners, .8mm,1.0mm, and larger shafts for 'real' power sized motors. Is there a complete list out there with all the most reliable stuff with sizes and specs? All in one place obv would be great. Awesome thread though. Probably the most compiled list in one place on any of the forums I've been able to find.
<a href="https://www.caringoflife.com/brown-spots-on-ankles/">click here</a>
Nov 26, 2020, 04:47 AM
Since the last post, the last three years changed completely the scene.
The standard now is around 250mm, nobody fly a 450 mm today, and the fpv became mostly synonym "drunk fly flying", aka racing and free style, not "flying for the pleasure of flight", as was at beginning.
Most recommendations today are market driven, ceased to trust any review, especially those claiming 1 kg thrust from 20 grams motors.

Quick Reply