Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Which quadrocopters and/or tricopters do you fly?
Aeroquad 220 6.49%
Alien Jump Jet 49 1.45%
Alien Saucer 35 1.03%
Draganflyer DF-IV 35 1.03%
Draganflyer DF-V TI 24 0.71%
Draganflyer Experimental Brushless (Spectrolutions) 39 1.15%
Draganflyer X6 32 0.94%
Quadpowered 285 8.41%
Microdrone 59 1.74%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME 104 3.07%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME with NAVI 195 5.76%
Mini-Mixer quadrocopter 50 1.48%
Mini-Mixer tricopter 31 0.91%
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,636 48.29%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 792 23.38%
UAVP 76 2.24%
UAVP-NG 26 0.77%
UAVX 76 2.24%
Walkera UFO #4 35 1.03%
Walkera UFO #5 47 1.39%
Walkera UFO #8 40 1.18%
X-BL 34 1.00%
X-BL FunPilot 25 0.74%
X-BL Autopilot, ReasearchPilot, Hornet, Hummingbird, Falcon 14 0.41%
X-UFO 69 2.04%
Y-UFO LA Heli 25 0.74%
Y-UAVP 18 0.53%
Y-UAVX 30 0.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3388. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2010, 01:59 AM
Registered User
I don't know it yet.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2010, 08:23 AM
Build - Fly - Crash - Repeat
Can we update the poll with all the new Quad's and Tri's that came out recently. I would like to participate, but I don't own any of those.

Just from a quick look the Gaui 330X, and Parrot AR Drone.

-BTW - This has been the most usefull index. I find myself going back to it over and over and over.

Thanks for consolidating it.

Keith
Last edited by keithdubya; Sep 18, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
Sep 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi Keith,
Eventually I will put together a part 3 addendum poll linked to this thread with the multicopters that I know of that are not on this main index thread with the #1 poll or #2 addendum part 2 poll which is linked in the my first post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1157997 .
These are the others that I have come across that are not in the current polls, so if anyone knows of any others, please give me the links:
--AR.Drone: http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en/
--ArduCopter: http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/bl...arducopter-the
--BaronPilot: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1246831
--HoverFly (Quadpwered redesign and new name): http://shop.hoverflytech.com/
--OpenPilot: http://www.openpilot.org/Main_Page
--"PCC" (Plejad Copter Control): http://www.plejad.net/home.html
--CADMicopter CAMeleon: http://www.cadmicopter.info/english-...eon300arf.html
--Gaui-Quadrocopter:http://www.flying-hobby.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=6158
--Skymixer: http://skymixer.engineering.free.fr/
--Skyquad: http://www.1hoch4.de/
--TriWiiCopter: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1261382
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdubya View Post
Can we update the poll with all the new Quad's and Tri's that came out recently. I would like to participate, but I don't own any of those.

Just from a quick look the Gaui 330X, and Parrot AR Drone.

-BTW - This has been the most usefull index. I find myself going back to it over and over and over.

Thanks for consolidating it.

Keith
Last edited by jesolins; Sep 20, 2010 at 07:06 AM.
Sep 20, 2010, 06:57 AM
Registered User
First off - thanks for assembling this list - I've used it a few times already.

Inspired by warthox's flying videos: do you know of any good (realistic) multicopter model files for simulators such as RealFlight, Aerofly Pro, Reflex etc. ?
Sep 20, 2010, 07:06 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Thankyou. I have only used the free FMS flight sim...probably one of the reasons I can't fly half as good as Warthox... Not sure if any of the others offer more realism, so maybe someone else can chime in on this.
Cheers,
Jm
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalFlow View Post
First off - thanks for assembling this list - I've used it a few times already.

Inspired by warthox's flying videos: do you know of any good (realistic) multicopter model files for simulators such as RealFlight, Aerofly Pro, Reflex etc. ?
Sep 21, 2010, 05:25 AM
Suspended Account
there is dFX6 on FMS (works ok and will help abit i guess) and a tricopter (2 versions) on clearview (havnt got that sim)

but i like AEROFLY PRO DELUXE and FMS on slower computers and REALFLIGHT 4.5 if your puter is abit more healthy

AFPD up sim speed to 111 or 120 fly the raptors

RF tweak it to high heaven then fly the heli you own (i fly the TREX 500 and Blade 400 there)

FMS use for orientation mostly but add a little wind and stuff like that

i run photo fields on all my sims as i like to feel like i could be there lol
Sep 22, 2010, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
there is dFX6 on FMS (works ok and will help abit i guess) and a tricopter (2 versions) on clearview (havnt got that sim)

but i like AEROFLY PRO DELUXE and FMS on slower computers and REALFLIGHT 4.5 if your puter is abit more healthy

AFPD up sim speed to 111 or 120 fly the raptors

RF tweak it to high heaven then fly the heli you own (i fly the TREX 500 and Blade 400 there)

FMS use for orientation mostly but add a little wind and stuff like that

i
I have used RealFlight to simulate flying collective pitch helis. However, there are some significant differences in flight characteristics between collective pitch helicopters and multicopters, arising from the fact that you slow your motors down to decrease lift rather than lowering your pitch. I crashed my quad once and nearly crashed it another time by trying to do a fast descent that wouln't have been any problem with a 3D collective pitch heli. On the quad such a manoeuver leads to loss of control.
Thus I'm looking for a sim to re-train some of the instinctive reflexes.
Oct 04, 2010, 08:02 PM
Build - Fly - Crash - Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalFlow View Post
I have used RealFlight to simulate flying collective pitch helis. However, there are some significant differences in flight characteristics between collective pitch helicopters and multicopters, arising from the fact that you slow your motors down to decrease lift rather than lowering your pitch. I crashed my quad once and nearly crashed it another time by trying to do a fast descent that wouln't have been any problem with a 3D collective pitch heli. On the quad such a manoeuver leads to loss of control.
Thus I'm looking for a sim to re-train some of the instinctive reflexes.

Quads fly a lot like the 4 channel Heli's. I am not sure which on would be a good model to choose. I think the hard part would be the opposite way of having to learn the collective pitch like I would have to.

Keith
Oct 04, 2010, 10:15 PM
www.joescnc.com
Joecnc2006's Avatar
I have not seen a tricopter or quadcopter for the realflight, i have been looking but with no luck.
Oct 12, 2010, 06:35 AM
Registered User
hello all

I am new here and very interested in those little things.

I just wanted to thank the original posters and all contributors for the great info available here, that is a lot of work and extremly helpfull.

Thanks again

Alain
Oct 12, 2010, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
Hi jim not sure you added snelflights newest release in November "Quadpod"
-
http://www.snelflight.co.uk/QuadPod.htm
Oct 12, 2010, 10:19 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Ken,
Added. Thanks. Have they given a price on it yet?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
Hi jim not sure you added snelflights newest release in November "Quadpod"
-
http://www.snelflight.co.uk/QuadPod.htm
Oct 12, 2010, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Ken,
Added. Thanks. Have they given a price on it yet?
Cheers,
Jim
Phil told me $350 usd -ish
Oct 26, 2010, 05:53 PM
Registered User

Seeking advice on multi-rotor copter


Hi all - I am kind of new to this (at least the multi-rotor part) but I have been looking at getting into one for some aerial photography applications. Mostly hobby right now - but kind of interested in carry a decent quality camera.

Honestly - I've just been a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there. I've checked out mikrokopter and arducopter some as well as a few others (those were the first two I found lots of info on so far).

Can anyone give me a shove in a good direction? I'm really open to anything right now - I'm a builder so I don't mind having to put things together myself - just want to make sure I am heading down a good path.

thanks
Oct 26, 2010, 05:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmithee View Post
Hi all - I am kind of new to this (at least the multi-rotor part) but I have been looking at getting into one for some aerial photography applications. Mostly hobby right now - but kind of interested in carry a decent quality camera.

Honestly - I've just been a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there. I've checked out mikrokopter and arducopter some as well as a few others (those were the first two I found lots of info on so far).

Can anyone give me a shove in a good direction? I'm really open to anything right now - I'm a builder so I don't mind having to put things together myself - just want to make sure I am heading down a good path.

thanks
UAVX best bang for buck features/options and a proven track record... MHO


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index!! jesolins Multirotor Drone Talk 634 Jan 17, 2017 10:06 AM
Discussion Quadrocopter/tricopter NAV Lighting Ideas tend2it Multirotor Drone Talk 10 May 19, 2015 03:54 PM
Poll Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index!! Poll additions. jesolins Multirotor Drone Talk 8 Jan 08, 2015 08:17 AM
Poll Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index! jesolins Coaxial Helicopters 0 Aug 13, 2009 12:38 PM