This thread is privately moderated by reefboy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:40 AM
Find More Posts by reefboy
Trader Rating: 12
Luke 12:7
Wanted

Douglas Aircraft SILHOUETTE wing cores or full kit

I have a Douglas Aircraft SILHOUETTE that I started about 16 years ago. I never completed it and the sheeting on the wings has delaminated. The fuse is pretty much ready for the wings. I don't have the wing beds any more. I would love to find either a set of wing cores with the wing beds to aid in fixing my currently delaminated wing set and then give me a 2nd set of wings for future use or even a full kit...
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by jetguy17
Trader Rating: 34
Found this on eBay for you! Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/Douglas-Aircraft...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old Aug 18, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks Dave
Old Aug 18, 2009, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by luger007
Trader Rating: 204
"what ever just crash it"
LOL, I just found that auction too and was going to mention it here. (after bidding If I do not buy it, I will probably scratch build one from the plans I have. If I do scratch build a Silhouette, I'd be happy to send you a set of cores with beds Dave.

Goodluck,
Matt
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luger007
LOL, I just found that auction too and was going to mention it here. (after bidding If I do not buy it, I will probably scratch build one from the plans I have. If I do scratch build a Silhouette, I'd be happy to send you a set of cores with beds Dave.

Goodluck,
Matt
I did bid on it too... hmmm
Well if you do scratch build one let me know how much you want for a set of wing cores.

If I get it and you want the fuse I would be willing to work something out. Also, I have the original set of plans so I can pass those along as well. PM me and we can work something out either way hopefully.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by Twinboom
Trader Rating: 45
Semper Fidelis...........
I've got a CNC machine in the garage for cores. If you send me the specs, I will see if it will work out on the macine and let you know. I saw on the add it had a modified Eppler 374. Any idea what they did there? If you measure the thickness at the widest point, I should be able to figure it out if you also tell me the cord.

Doug B.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Trader Rating: 1
I have a used Silhouette wing. The bottom wing covering is a bit skuffed up but no damage. Recovering would solve the problem. I would REALLY like a set of plans (copy) for the Silhouette. I sold it to a friend many years ago and he destroyed the fuselage. I should have never sold it.