Thread Tools
Nov 11, 2009, 03:43 PM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
I found another vendor who is selling them. $345 shipped for the RTF version with the 6S 3600 lipo. I see Banana will have them for $307 shipped to me and that is without the radio and battery. Could probably sell the garbage tx, rx and lipo for more than the difference. Just another option if you aren't comfortable with BH. Although they also show the same model for $275 shipped so not sure what they are truly doing.

http://rc-batam.com/index.php?target...s&product_id=8
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2009, 06:36 PM
XtremeHobby's Avatar
Sounds right about the Banana Hobby pricing, when you convert our Australian Dollar to US$, our pricing would match Banana Hobby, but the link above, their pricing is WAY OFF, take it from us , a sole distributor for Lanxiang Down Under, they have not advertised the correct pricing in our opinion. Seems way under priced for this jet, and at thi stage the colour packaging for this jet has not been completed yet either. So the box displayed would not be the completed article. Just giving you the heads up Sid3ways.
Nov 11, 2009, 09:13 PM
Running jokes into the ground
b-29er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I found another vendor who is selling them. $345 shipped for the RTF version with the 6S 3600 lipo. I see Banana will have them for $307 shipped to me and that is without the radio and battery. Could probably sell the garbage tx, rx and lipo for more than the difference. Just another option if you aren't comfortable with BH. Although they also show the same model for $275 shipped so not sure what they are truly doing.

http://rc-batam.com/index.php?target...s&product_id=8
I think they confused the 4ch one (the non tv one with the weird canopy) with the 6ch one and copy and pasted (notice how it says 55mm?)
Nov 13, 2009, 11:51 AM
Registered User
Mtn_Commando's Avatar
Subscribing...
Nov 15, 2009, 05:27 AM
XtremeHobby's Avatar
b-29er I think your right, 100%!, There is no doubt they have copied and pasted the soon to be released SU47 on the advert for the 4ch basic model previously released from another factory. Thanks Guys!
Nov 15, 2009, 09:02 AM
Running jokes into the ground
b-29er's Avatar
Thanks for the pre=release vid. Actually gives me a idea of the capabilities of the plane.
Nov 16, 2009, 04:01 AM
Registered User
XtremeHobby, I know that hobby shops down here in Terra Australis ALWAYS without fail run up prices well above the US/ebay (and Europe is even worse...) but Bananahobby's $345 is about $370 AUD at the moment - almost $200 AUD difference with even less shipping than from CHina to US is quite substantial lol...
Nov 16, 2009, 04:10 AM
Registered User
Sorry it seems its actually about 500USD... didnt read the bit about 354 for ARF not RTF lol. Where are you located? Quite impressed a) that EDFs have easily gotten to the $500 mark and b) an Australian company has managed not to quadruple the standard price!
Nov 16, 2009, 10:27 AM
12S Or Bust
QueeQueg's Avatar
Xtreme,

Having seen them up close and personal what do you think about the plastic retracts.

I know you probably haven't flown it yet so I'm wondering what your instinct is about them.

Seem to have a lot more base area to make a stronger mount to the foam than the plastic/metal LG that come with most or the other foam retract ready jets that many seem to have problems with.

Seems to me with the nearly unbreakable polymers available today maybe they could be the best option for these size jets? Lightweight and strong with a little flex thrown in to help absorb shocks without all the complication and weight of springs.

Q
Nov 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Running jokes into the ground
b-29er's Avatar
I've been talking to RC-BATAM today, since they were selling 2 su-47's until today. Apparrently, they are selling the RTF version is selling for 249, and the 319 was a mistake. I am trying to confirm if this is the lanxiang su-47 with TV (i assume it is, but pricepoint is in a great range, which is slightly odd). How many people would be interested in buying at the 249 price point?
Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Mtn_Commando's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
I've been talking to RC-BATAM today, since they were selling 2 su-47's until today. Apparrently, they are selling the RTF version is selling for 249, and the 319 was a mistake. I am trying to confirm if this is the lanxiang su-47 with TV (i assume it is, but pricepoint is in a great range, which is slightly odd). How many people would be interested in buying at the 249 price point?
I seriously doubt its the twin 70 mm that they're selling. The pic is of the smaller one, and price they're quoting is half of bananahobby's price. They probably screwed up the description.
Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
Me without a doubt.

But check the descriptions on almost all of their planes, they are screwed up showing different pictures, wrong data, and lots more. It isn't just this one.
Nov 17, 2009, 05:25 PM
Running jokes into the ground
b-29er's Avatar
I just got word back from them.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM, <rbsales@rc-batam.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Brad,

Yes, we sell orginal product and complite thrust vectoring, retracts and
parachute with US$249.99

don't worry sir, we will provide our best products to customers. and we'll
waiting for your reply. Thank you


Best Regards
Andika Rahman
Sales Of RC BATAM, PT
andikarahman79@yahoo.com
rbsales@rc-batam.com
www.rc-batam.com
Nov 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
I just got word back from them.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM, <rbsales@rc-batam.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Brad,

Yes, we sell orginal product and complite thrust vectoring, retracts and
parachute with US$249.99

don't worry sir, we will provide our best products to customers. and we'll
waiting for your reply. Thank you


Best Regards
Andika Rahman
Sales Of RC BATAM, PT
andikarahman79@yahoo.com
rbsales@rc-batam.com
www.rc-batam.com

what about the shipping cost for SU-47 to USA?

Thanks



***
Nov 17, 2009, 05:42 PM
Running jokes into the ground
b-29er's Avatar
i was quoted 23 dollars to ship the su-47 and f-14 together for 1-week shipping. So, i would assume 23 dollars.

Communication also isn't an issue. I've been in contact since this morning via email and have received 4 responses. Not bad considering the time zones.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FreeWing 70mm F-35 w/ Thrust Vectoring bhatch21 Foamy EDFs 1864 Mar 21, 2017 04:45 PM
Discussion F-22 Raptor thrust vectoring scratch built twin ducted fan jet MikeysRC Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 2 Aug 05, 2009 11:29 AM
Discussion SU-35 or any twin EDF with thrust vectoring dash8pilot Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Jul 21, 2008 07:32 AM
Discussion Wicked thrust vectoring twin turbine mig-29 video lavochkin Foamy EDFs 5 Jun 12, 2008 12:07 PM
Build Log Mig-35 Twin EDF w/ Thrust Vectoring tailslide5_0 Foamy EDFs 23 Aug 27, 2007 09:20 PM