Sep 24, 2009, 10:40 AM
Classic jets rule
Gary it does sound very nice ....flew great too
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Rodger,
I'm convinced that these ED units are very nice, just as they are, with careful assy and breakin. (proven by myself to 1285w). the pursuit of high power mods and components will continue. I'm looking forward to a new airframe for the Skyworld 70mm EDF with full ducting.. (Gotta finish that other project first)
I'd like to see a precision collet for impeller mounting. (put a flat on your motors for now)
The only issue at this point is motor reliability. One way or another, we will end up with very good motors in a couple of kv's. I am investigating other possiblities. Due to the nature of the alum EDF and my views regarding EDF power. All motors will be inrunners.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Sep 24, 2009, 03:05 PM
Still Screamin'!
"Due to the nature of the alum EDF and my views regarding EDF power. All motors will be inrunners."

Huh? What are "your" views Gary?
Sep 24, 2009, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Hi Bob,
Thanks for poppiin' in.
The best attribute of the aluminum Housing is the excellent heat sinking qualities. there would not be any sense in putting an outrunner in it. I'm not looking to undulge in an inny/outy efficiency debate, they go on forever.
I like women with innies.
Sep 24, 2009, 03:24 PM
Still Screamin'!
That's why all our EDF motors are "outies" No need to rely or worry about cooling that way. I'm lurking When you get the better rotor I'll get one and pour the coals to it
Sep 24, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
Touch'e Bob. You win!! (that was fast)

Just for giggles I'm gonna put an ARC motor in the 16 for some real speed (my Nuemotor won't fit)
I hope to have a good long 3500-3600kv and a 4100-4300kv 70mm motor available.
Sep 24, 2009, 03:49 PM
Still Screamin'!
Those options should sell well
Sep 24, 2009, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
When we (hopefully) get the CF/nylon rotors, a lower kv, 8s with 2.5 -3kw would be nice.
70mm jets seen to be getting larger (size wise) Take the Windrider F-35 for example. you could put 8s, 3200mAh in there easily.
Sep 24, 2009, 04:42 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
Hi Bob,
Thanks for poppiin' in.
The best attribute of the aluminum Housing is the excellent heat sinking qualities. there would not be any sense in putting an outrunner in it. I'm not looking to undulge in an inny/outy efficiency debate, they go on forever.
I like women with innies.

Well send me your unused outie chics then, I aint too proud.
You seen my picture, ya know I need all the help I can get.
Sep 24, 2009, 05:14 PM
Thread OP
If I hadn't seen your wife, I'd worry about you. Good thing your on the other side of the praire Dale.
Sep 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
Classic jets rule
a collet would be nice ...i hate set screw adaptors
Sep 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Hey Gary,

Do you think the new C/F rotor will be available before year end?? I am thinking about installing it in the new/old??? Phoenix sport jet. I prefer to have good static rather that the slight increase from an aggressive 3 or 4 blader. Take-off and landing area is pretty crap so the extra bite is handy. The Phoenix should arrive in the next week or so.
Sep 24, 2009, 07:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz
Hey Gary,

Do you think the new C/F rotor will be available before year end?? I am thinking about installing it in the new/old??? Phoenix sport jet. I prefer to have good static rather that the slight increase from an aggressive 3 or 4 blader. Take-off and landing area is pretty crap so the extra bite is handy. The Phoenix should arrive in the next week or so.
Jay,
At This point, I can't say. In my current situation, communication and commitment takes some time. I do expect the 5 blade rotor to be in stock shortly. Give that one a try for big thrust (I have not tested or even possess one at this time). Be sure to provide for 100% FSA efflux for the best take off speed.
I would guess that you'd be OK on 4s, 4000-5000mAh. That's gotta be over 1300 watts which aint to shabby. Make double sure that the shaft adaptor is running true and that the impeller is properly broken in.

Although this venture (efflux RC) is experiencing some rough spots, I did not get into this to be just another EDF vendor. My goals are to provide medium to higher end EDF power products. With consistency, reliablilty, power, and and above board customer service. We are still in the infant stages but hope to move forward quicky.
Gary
Sep 25, 2009, 01:24 AM
Thread OP

Skyworld EDF news

gundamitpete, lavochkin , hommel,

Does this sound familiar?
Since some of you are requesting 90, 100, and 120mm EDF units (no motors at this point) I am able to make a sub-minimum qty purchase of a few of each. If it's not too much trouble, you may prepay for these, and I can have them here in two weeks time. History shows that I received the 70mm units quicker than expected and shipped them out immediatly.
I've been PM'g Pete, and can't wait to hear his 120mm unit fly!

Below are the prices for the EDF units (Complete/no motor) Since the aluminum Thrust Cone aids in cooling and seems to enhance the sound. It will be included with all future EDF's (no charge).

JP-900, 90mm EDF unit, complete.....$134
JP-1000, 100mm EDF unit, complete....$154
JP-1200, 120mm EDF unit, complete....$189
(These prices are $10 more than normal, due due low qty order)

Since I am unaware of the shipping costs at this time, Please add $8.00 for shipping (i'll absorb the balance for now)

Once again, thanks for your support guys.
Last edited by efflux RC; Sep 27, 2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Sep 25, 2009, 01:25 AM
Team White Llama!
payment sent looking forward to receiving my 120mm unit.

Quick Reply